Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durdin. fu** me.

I want to see Scott and Bonar in for an extended run.

We don’t have the cattle to clear out most of the rest, but hopefully with some Walker style pickups and a better injury list, we can finally see the end of Atley, Jmac, Hall, Williams etc in 2021.
Durdin who has always done OK. Played CHB, CHf and ruck.
Curious that you think he's our worst option.
Didn't you want Declan Watson fast tracked at one stage?
I'm not saying he's a superstar, but he would offer more than Xerri at moment.

Durdin who has always done OK. Played CHB, CHf and ruck.
Curious that you think he's our worst option.
Didn't you want Declan Watson fast tracked at one stage?
I'm not saying he's a superstar, but he would offer more than Xerri at moment.

Durdin has barely taken a contested mark in his AFL career to date and the majority of his disposals have been sideways receives and chain possessions. The rest of the time has been spent flat handing marks and flailing 5m behind an opponent. He’s not the solution and I’d be surprised if he was on the list next year.

We are better off playing Majak forward if we need to. Larkey sounds like he’s only 2-3 away anyway.

I agree Xerri needs to go out.

The problem is that if we dropped everyone who's injured, crap or not ready then the lineup would look like

FB: Macmillan Tarrant Pittard
HB: Atley Walker McDonald
C: Dumont Cunnington Polec
HF: Zurhaar Brown Thomas
FF: Mahoney Xerri Taylor
R: Goldstein Simpkin Higgins
I: Hall Williams Hayden Anderson

And we'd have to go in like this:

FB: Murphy Tarrant Crocker
HB: Ahern J.Walker McDonald
C: Dumont Bonar Polec
HF: W.Walker Durdin Wood
FF: Hosie Daw Taylor
R: Goldstein Simpkin Scott
I: McKay XXXXX Hayden XXXXX

We are going to be carrying some of our crap players for some time yet

Last edited:
I’d play Polec in defence and bring Bailey in to play on the wing. Isn’t going to miraculously make us not s**t, but we desperately need someone down there who can hit a target more than 50% of the time and provide some run.

Williams - Tarrant - Daw
Pittard - Walker - Polec

...with Murphy/JMac/Atley on the bench. Its still not great but at least we’d have a bit of skill and some marking power.

Ahern is see ball get ball. We've seen he can rack it up.
Brad went off him because he doesn't defend well, as Brad tended to do (evaluating players on weaknesses rather than strengths) .
If Higgins and Cunners are out, neither of whom defend much either, then surely we try Ahern in his natural role.
Agreed. I reckon it's harder to justify him in the centre when Cunnington and Higgins are in there because he's not as good as either of them at this point. Much easier to justify his inclusion in the guts if they are out. Same could be said for Dom Tyson though.

The problem is that if we dropped everyone who's injured, crap or not ready then the lineup would look like

All teams have some pretty ‘shithouse’ players in their 18-22 range.

Ours are just shitter than a fair few teams and our senior core can’t carry them because they’re flaky as *.

All the players aside if the game plan isn’t to move the ball fast it won’t matter who plays. Our over skill level is poor. We can’t fix that in a season. At least when we go fast we create an uncertainty in the opposition.Slow ball movement and bad skills and it’s lots more like last night.

If you don’t think we play a brutal brand of football you don’t understand the game.

What makes North’s brand more brutal than any other sides?

Last year Essendon smashed North in the clearances, contested possession and tackle counts in both games against North. I’d never say it was due toughness.

What makes you think North are significantly tougher or more brutal than any other sides in the comp?

Last year Essendon smashed North in the clearances, contested possession and tackle counts in both games against North. I’d never say it was due toughness.

What makes you think North are significantly tougher or more brutal than any other sides in the comp?
images (19).jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we don’t have any players that pull out of contests like your skipper does. Tackles that hurt >>> tackle numbers.

Also watch how many players miss the following week after playing us. Hurley missed a month last year.

There are three groups of players.

1) Taking us forward:
Simpkin, Taylor, Scott, Zurhaar
2) Senior players + required for structure:
Goldy, Taz, Walker, Brown
3) not taking us forward, taking up space:
Jacobs, Garner, and a blanket over a bunch more.

2020 is done.

Cycle through as many of the kids as we can to see who has what.

Cunners gets excused from the Hub. As does Jack.

F*** off out of the team and get fit.

Of all the games of the year that I look forward to this coming week is on top of the list. I honestly don't know if I can or will watch.

In the last 3 weeks Shaw has been shown up as has the club.

Because we don’t have any players that pull out of contests like your skipper does. Tackles that hurt >>> tackle numbers.

Also watch how many players miss the following week after playing us. Hurley missed a month last year.

I hope this is just banter or a weird joke because this line of thinking is akin to school kids arguing over who’s dad would win in a fight.

You don’t think *ess in 2000 was a brutal side? Even though you have a powder puff team now doesn’t mean you haven’t had physically tough teams.

HF: Durdin Wood
FF: Hosie Daw

Don’t do this to me Flawed Genius

Which part? Are you going to make me post the footage of *heppell?

Feel free. If you want to cling to the idea North being some brutal bruising team as some sort of advantage they hold going into this game go right ahead.

I’m far more worried about Goldstein dominating Philips or Brown being too quick for Hooker than one of Zurhaar’s 3 tackles hurting an Essendon player.

l would like to know if Hosie is going into the hub. If he is then play him. l have never been 1 to rate McDonald but he has been good so far. He stays in and goes to Tippa. Scott and Bonar need to come in and either McKay or Durdin. Daw l feel wont be fit enough yet. l am not a Wood lover , more a hater , however l think he also needs to come back.
So ins and outs for me are:
In Hosie or Wood, Scott, Bonar, McKay or Durdin.
Out: Cunnington (back), Higgins (knee) .Hall, McMillan, Mahoney

Feel free. If you want to cling to the idea North being some brutal bruising team as some sort of advantage they hold going into this game go right ahead.

I’m far more worried about Goldstein dominating Philips or Brown being too quick for Hooker than one of Zurhaar’s 3 tackles hurting an Essendon player.
Maybe ask *hurley.

players like heppell, mcgrarh, merrett, zaka are nice players but these type of players are the big reason it’s 16 year without a finals win. You need to have sort of physicality to win finals. These 4 couldn’t knock the fluff off a cappuccino.

Maybe ask *hurley.

players like heppell, mcgrarh, merrett, zaka are nice players but these type of players are the big reason it’s 16 year without a finals win. You need to have sort of physicality to win finals. These 4 couldn’t knock the fluff off a cappuccino.

I really don’t think lack of toughness has been our issue but each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back