Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 6 vs. Hawthorn - Giants Stadium (NSW), 7:50pm Fri 10/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuff it, let's throw complete caution to the wind and play three first gamers. Insane but it would at least make the game interesting, seeing all of Bianco, Rantall and Kelly debut. We've beaten Hawthorn once(?) since the 2011 PF, so why not chuck three green kids into the furnace? Seeing Bucks abandon his ultra risk averse approach might shock Clarko so much that it throws him off too.

I know I'm talking drivel, but I just cant get over my disappointment...:sob:

Stuff it, let's throw complete caution to the wind and play three first gamers. Insane but it would at least make the game interesting, seeing all of Bianco, Rantall and Kelly debut. We've beaten Hawthorn once(?) since the 2011 PF, so why not chuck three green kids into the furnace? Seeing Bucks abandon his ultra risk averse approach might shock Clarko so much that it throws him off too.

I know I'm talking drivel, but I just cant get over my disappointment...:sob:
Problem is Clarko would be shocked for the first 10 minutes, adjust, and then the Hawks will go on their merry way and flog us as usual.

I wouldn't move Moore forward. Bring in Dunn, and play Roughead as the second ruck, resting forward.

We tried Roughead down there last year & he isn't going to be dangerous. Moore is the only player on our list that could hold down a tall forward position & actually threaten the opposition. We can maybe cover Moore down back, but we have no forward besides Moore who can kick multiple goals on a consistent basis.

With no Howe, we need Moore to stay back for his aerial capabilities.
Our season is over there’s no need to play it safe anymore. Would rather give Murphy a chance and also keep WHE there and play them as our interceptors.

Our season is over there’s no need to play it safe anymore. Would rather give Murphy a chance and also keep WHE there and play them as our interceptors.
Mathematically that’s an absurd comment, but based on last nights effort levels, I’d say you’re right.

We tried Roughead down there last year & he isn't going to be dangerous. Moore is the only player on our list that could hold down a tall forward position & actually threaten the opposition. We can maybe cover Moore down back, but we have no forward besides Moore who can kick multiple goals on a consistent basis.

If DeGoey remains forward, he is our multiple goal kicker, along with Mihocek.
Keep Moore back, as we need him for his marking and spoiling, plus he is the only defender we have with quick run-down speed on an opponent in order to get to a contest.
Bring in Sier, place him into the midfield, keep DeGoey forward, hopefully Pendles, Adams, Treloar and Grundy along with Sier, can perform better as a midfield against the Hawks. Against Essendon the mids were monstered, and that will hopefully grate on them for the week.

It’s a strange one, Moore is great down back, BUT without a decent lead up tall forward who can mark, push up the ground (nick Riewoldt like) we aren’t providing a genuine avenue forward or able to keep it there. Our biggest issue is the link from defence going forward. The old saying a good offence is the best defence comes to mind. With Moore forward we have better synergy there. can we cover his absence back? We aren’t short on decent defenders. The more I think about it the more I think it’s an option. Checkers can move back if need be. you really do build a forward line around a key forward and we are lacking badly. Lots to think about, good thing it’s round 5 and lots of time to improve. Hopefully greenwood, Langdon come into frame soonish. It’s not all doom and gloom. Still can’t believe the comments after round 5 and one bad game.

We need to beat the Hawks to get back into contention. You don't want to be going into a hub for 4 to 5 weeks knowing your playing for nothing.
Plus the young guys are going to get opportunities in the hub. We have to play 6 games in 4 weeks, so we will be having 3 to 4 day turnarounds, and players like Murphy, Kelly, Rantall, Quaynor, Bianco will get opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to beat the Hawks to get back into contention. You don't want to be going into a hub for 4 to 5 weeks knowing your playing for nothing.
Plus the young guys are going to get opportunities in the hub. We have to play 6 games in 4 weeks, so we will be having 3 to 4 day turnarounds, and players like Murphy, Kelly, Rantall, Quaynor, Bianco will get opportunities.
You also don’t want to go into the hubs doing the same thing that isn’t working

Nah. Pendlebury, Adams and Treloar don't need De Goey to win the footy for them

Will be a big test V the Hawks midfield next week.
I think we have too many similar types rotating through.
In an ideal world we would get Langdon in as the Howe replacement then we could get Maynard to rotate through the middle.

I like DeGoey and Stephenson out of the goal square and Mihocek at CHF. We rarely seem to clear it out anymore and have players back running into open space.

Elliot and WHE seem to be struggling majorly as did Thomas before getting dropped. But they are not alone.

We should give Cameron another go as he surely has more of a future over Mason.

It seems like there is no plan when moving it forward other than bombing it long. This could be coaching or lack of cohesion/confidence with this disjointed season

The best we ever seem to play is at breakneck speed or when we play on all the time.
If Moore wasn’t set up with the lousy handball and Townsend resulting goal we may have gotten away with a win last night.

We seem to telegraph too much when trying to get to cute with the slow build up and some poor skills have been leading to joe the goose to the opposition which is really deflating.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geel v GC makes me jealous of key forwards. 3 goals to Hawkins, 3 goals to King so far in 2nd quarter. Please just play kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back