Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Geelong (QF - Friday 06/09 7:50pm MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the deal with tickets for the game? Unfortunately I'm not a club member that has access to games.

I have signed up as an AFL member, however, and I understand tickets for AFL members are available from 11am Wed.

I've never been to a finals game, and I am hoping to fly up from Hobart to go to this game, however it says for AFL members no guest passes are available, so does that mean I'm limited to one ticket? I am really requiring two unfortunately.

So what's the deal with tickets for the game? Unfortunately I'm not a club member that has access to games.

I have signed up as an AFL member, however, and I understand tickets for AFL members are available from 11am Wed.

I've never been to a finals game, and I am hoping to fly up from Hobart to go to this game, however it says for AFL members no guest passes are available, so does that mean I'm limited to one ticket? I am really requiring two unfortunately.
Yes it means that you can only get one ticket with your barcode. You will need another barcode to get a second ticket.

I know the current system is designed to cut down on scalpers but by god it's clunky compared to a decade or so ago.

Want to go to a final . .

Rock up and buy a ticket . .

SIMPLES . . .

Not anymore.

Thanks Jen - I did edit that response and ask would it matter if I got a second AFL membership also under my own name? Just a bit concerned about what is required at the gates for membership-based tickets as opposed to general admission.
I don't think you can get another under your name. Someone might be willing to lend you their barcode if they have a spare and not using or live out of state.
CFC2010 was kind to me last year when flying to perth.

Great news on Moore being available.
These are the moments you play footy son—- for finals.

Back yourself and your body in—-not many players are guaranteed these games in their careers.

I don't think you can get another under your name. Someone might be willing to lend you their barcode if they have a spare and not using or live out of state.
CFC2010 was kind to me last year when flying to perth.

Thanks Jen! So just to clarify - let's say my sister was to purchase an AFL membership (like right now) but she isn't coming to the game, I could buy a ticket under her name and still use the ticket under her name to get in?

Last edited:
Thanks Jen - I did edit that response and ask would it matter if I got a second AFL membership also under my own name? Just a bit concerned about what is required at the gates for membership-based tickets as opposed to general admission.

I might be able to help you out PS with another ticket......I live in Perth so won't be attending. Not exactly sure how it works but think you just need my barcode to use along with your's to get the 2 tickets together.

I Have offered it to a friend back home in Vic but she's pretty certain that she will only need her own, I will confirm this with her tomorrow.

If you wanna PM me we can discuss further.....I start night shift in 45 mins so if I don't hear from you shortly I'll touch base tomorrow 👍🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be able to help you out PS with another ticket......I live in Perth so won't be attending. Not exactly sure how it works but think you just need my barcode to use along with your's to get the 2 tickets together.

I Have offered it to a friend back home in Vic but she's pretty certain that she will only need her own, I will confirm this with her tomorrow.

If you wanna PM me we can discuss further.....I start night shift in 45 mins so if I don't hear from you shortly I'll touch base tomorrow
Thanks mate! I'll PM you.

De Goey and Sidebottom set to take on Cats
Mitch Cleary

Jordan De Goey in action against the Cats in round one - Collingwood Magpies,Geelong Cats

Jordan De Goey in action against the Cats in round one
Collingwood has stopped short of ruling Darcy Moore out of next Friday's qualifying final against Geelong after he was cleared of damage to his troublesome left hamstring.
Moore failed to complete his comeback match last Friday, complaining of hamstring tightness in the same area he had strained six weeks earlier in round 17.
He is expected to train later this week and has 12 days to convince medical staff he's fit to tackle the Cats despite coach Nathan Buckley admitting he wasn't confident over the weekend.
"In layman's terms he hasn't reinjured it," Pies head of football Geoff Walsh told AFL.com.au on Monday.
"Our medical guys are happy with the outcome from the scans (over the weekend) and it's just tightness.
"Like every selection decision we'll see how it goes in the week before."
Injured forward Jordan De Goey was put through his paces alongside Ben Reid in a big session at the club's Olympic Park headquarters on Saturday morning.
While De Goey is a certain starter against the Cats, Reid won't get the chance to press his case for a recall with Collingwood's VFL team now finished for 2019.

701061_ll.jpg

The Pies are also expected to recall midfielder Steele Sidebottom after he missed the win over Essendon with a ruptured testicle.
"You'd think (he'd play) at this stage, as long as there are no complications from the surgery," Walsh said of Sidebottom.
Forward Josh Thomas was also cleared of major damage to his knee that he twisted late in the win against the Bombers.

Christ there is so much uncertainty with Reid.....he obviously got put through his paces on Saturday as the article suggests and with the VFL finished won't get any game time in but is he available or not??

Christ there is so much uncertainty with Reid.....he obviously got put through his paces on Saturday as the article suggests and with the VFL finished won't get any game time in but is he available or not??
He's available but underdone

That will only get us through two matches though as both will be out for 6 weeks after their 3 quarters of game time.

We only need three matches

W1 Moore does his hammy taking a match winning mark of the year sitting on top of Hawkins head.

W3 Reid kicks three goals in Q4 time on to do a Cox on Richmond in the prelim to win the match. And does his calf.

W4 Goldsack comes in, and recreating the 2011 GF replay kicks the first goal and we win the premiership by plenty.

Last edited:
I’d be bringing in the three we’ve all discussed, but only because Stephenson got the game in on Saturday. Players to miss, for me at least, come from Wills, Varcoe, JT, Brown, Madgen and Moore.

Too many ?’s until we get clarity on Moore. His apparent comments give me hope it was precautionary, but who knows.

Who would your in and outs be if Moore is fit VS Moore is unfit? Assuming the rest are right to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back