Prediction Changes: Round 10 Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It was Crowden, and was a critical time in the match iirc.
On our half forward line.
Sackable on its own really

In: Ryan, Western and Treacy
Out: Crowden, Schultz and Colyer

FB: Watson Cox Ryan
HB: Wilson Logue Duman
C: Cerra Brayshaw Aish
HF: Fyfe Lobb Henry
FF: Walters Tabs Switta

R: Darcy Mundy Serong

I: Acres Tucker Western Treacy

IS: Colyer

Yes, I'm sure JL is not intelligent enough to come up with the incredible idea of moving a defender forward, he's only an AFL coach, it's a pretty easy job that I'm sure anyone could do
Yeah but it's an outlier at Freo because our genius moves involve sending forwards into defense, see Tarrant and Cox.

That looks good and the team is starting to stabilise again which gives me heart. Our ins are looking better than our outs. I just wonder if 2 changes in the forward line is too many, but in this case maybe not. I read someone say Western isn't ready and I wonder why Treacy hasn't been given another chance.

That looks good and the team is starting to stabilise again which gives me heart. Our ins are looking better than our outs. I just wonder if 2 changes in the forward line is too many, but in this case maybe not. I read someone say Western isn't ready and I wonder why Treacy hasn't been given another chance.
Western is ready and JL must think so given he has been an emergency.

Valente isn't ready. Needs to string together some match fitness for Peel.

Treacy I think might be back this week.

I thought dunman was pathetic tbh (only saw 2nd half)

In other news i reckon we'll comfortably take care of the Swans this week. We'll come out and play good footy.

I agree with a home crowd getting our effort levels up to what they need to be, we will beat Sydney. But this actually upset me more...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, I'm sure JL is not intelligent enough to come up with the incredible idea of moving a defender forward, he's only an AFL coach, it's a pretty easy job that I'm sure anyone could do
Intelligent is not the right word. What I'm trying to say is he is so *ing conservative with his strategy which means we don't get to see any experimentation. I'm not claiming to be smarter than him.

Intelligent is not the right word. What I'm trying to say is he is so f*n conservative with his strategy which means we don't get to see any experimentation. I'm not claiming to be smarter than him.
I think JLo is very systems based and as such can come across as conservative, he is big on his players learning the role of any particular position which is why at this stage of development he perseveres with certain players.
Why he has got six small forward type players in the team though has me baffled.

I think JLo is very systems based and as such can come across as conservative, he is big on his players learning the role of any particular position which is why at this stage of development he perseveres with certain players.
Why he has got six small forward type players in the team though has me baffled.

Because the cupboard is bare. Conca and Treacy were obviously dropped for a reason, who else is there?

Crowden will be dropped for sure, Henry might be in trouble too though he has way more upside and had 5 score involvements, but lacking in almost every other stat.

Need to make way for at least 2 changes. Ryan will be a lock if fit, and would love to find a way to include Western and Treacy as well.

Out: Crowden, Henry, Duman.
In: Western, Treacy, Ryan.

Sub: Blakely/Conca/Crowden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the * is everyone hating on Shultzy after that game , he was ripping into them like a mad campaigner in the first half and would have been up there with our best at the long break

Did as much to get us back into the game as anyone early on

Everyone wants him out but wants to leave Henry in

This place sometimes

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Let's just remember Western, Meek etc haven't played any footy in two weeks and aren't automatic best 22.

Really don't think they'll be considered tbh. Hope I'm wrong on Western.

Let's just remember Western, Meek etc haven't played any footy in two weeks and aren't automatic best 22.

Really don't think they'll be considered tbh. Hope I'm wrong on Western.
We picked Treacy in the middle of his ban. I still think Western is a good chance.

Can't see Meek in. You're not moving Darcy from his role and Lobb is better than Meek at his.

Intelligent is not the right word. What I'm trying to say is he is so f*n conservative with his strategy which means we don't get to see any experimentation. I'm not claiming to be smarter than him.
Have you noticed when our side is being beaten the coach has backed in the young player to continue against the opposition, even though it's costing us games?

We have players with low experience in high impact roles currently and they are getting exposed, but they are also learning and fast tracking their development.

I'll calling out Caleb Serong here in case anyone hasn't picked up on it. He will be a better player for this but we suffer for it in the meantime, just like last season when Fyfe was played out of the middle so Brayshaw and Cerra could be exposed, and given responsibility, for key contests and moments so they become better players.

Fremantle is still working to build their young players. We could find room in our team for a big bodied contested ball winning clearance midfielder.

Have you noticed when our side is being beaten the coach has backed in the young player to continue against the opposition, even though it's costing us games?

We have players with low experience in high impact roles currently and they are getting exposed, but they are also learning and fast tracking their development.

I'll calling out Caleb Serong here in case anyone hasn't picked up on it. He will be a better player for this but we suffer for it in the meantime, just like last season when Fyfe was played out of the middle so Brayshaw and Cerra could be exposed, and given responsibility, for key contests and moments so they become better players.

Fremantle is still working to build their young players. We could find room in our team for a big bodied contested ball winning clearance midfielder.
Midfield is 'full strength' so not much he can do with it. I'm talking about the forward line. Clearly the biggest area holding us back from success. Besides Pearce, he has done nothing to change it up/experiment with it. Has dropped the guy we should be developing (Treacy) and has failed to improve the goal kicking of the players. Even the bottom four teams are more accurate than us right now.

Midfield is 'full strength' so not much he can do with it. I'm talking about the forward line. Clearly the biggest area holding us back from success. Besides Pearce, he has done nothing to change it up/experiment with it. Has dropped the guy we should be developing (Treacy) and has failed to improve the goal kicking of the players. Even the bottom four teams are more accurate than us right now.

We are talking about the same thing from opposite sides. Fyfe missing shots at goal has cost us games. He is playing forward instead of full time mid to give the young players more time there. He hasn't been a comfortable kick at goal watching from the sidelines ever, but it's usually been only one or two a game after a big mark matched up against an opponent not at all suited to him leading at the ball carrier. Not half a dozen shots a game.

He has created goals being in the forward line, sure, but I'd like to think half of the shots he has had at goal would have been there for another player in his role and they might have kicked them to not rob us of momentum.

So I think, if we have to win a game, Fyfe plays mid all game, Treacy comes in as a second tall threat but nowhere near as effective at drawing a man as Fyfe and someone falls out of the midfield.

There isn't a long list of players who have let us down being below league average on goal kicking, but it starts with Fyfe then Frederick.

We picked Treacy in the middle of his ban. I still think Western is a good chance.

Can't see Meek in. You're not moving Darcy from his role and Lobb is better than Meek at his.

Fair enough.

I think it’ll be taken into consideration the week we welcome Ryan back into the side tbh. That’s on top of Cerra and Switta last week.

I wouldn’t be surprised either way tbh.

Agree Meek is almost no chance. Darcy is killing it and Lobb is doing okay at a role Meek isn’t suited to anyway. We need another tall but Treacy is the closest to answer (second key forward to support Taberner) we have and it’s not even close.

Colyer will NOT go out, geez he is one of the smallest blokes out there, and he holds his head higher than Lobb.

Some days I really wonder what people are sniffing or drinking, dropping Colyer ......

Colyer will NOT go out, geez he is one of the smallest blokes out there, and he holds his head higher than Lobb.

Some days I really wonder what people are sniffing or drinking, dropping Colyer ......
Trav did shepherd Mundy as he was streaming in to goal to almost level the scores

Remove this Banner Ad

Back