Prediction Changes: Round 7 Vs West Coast + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They arent nearly that good this season, take away their intercept game and pressure them and we can win easy. Imagine how hungry we would be to beat them, we only have like 6 players that have played in a derby winning side.

Executed well, J Lo's gamestyle is a perfect way to avoid intercepts down the line and mcgov aint running to intercept our chippy chip passes. Ive said this every derby since 2015, but gee we could be in with a sniff here. Also surely JL has some intel after coaching them and playing them im a granny.

They arent nearly that good this season, take away their intercept game and pressure them and we can win easy. Imagine how hungry we would be to beat them, we only have like 6 players that have played in a derby winning side.

Executed well, J Lo's gamestyle is a perfect way to avoid intercepts down the line and mcgov aint running to intercept our chippy chip passes. Ive said this every derby since 2015, but gee we could be in with a sniff here. Also surely JL has some intel after coaching them and playing them im a granny.
We say this but WC has been Collingwood's biggest hurdle the last few years

I thought that too, but some have him in their side I thought I must have missed something.
I think Meek plays if there is any doubt on Darcy
Blakely plays if Fyfe doesnt pass a fitness test.
Cox plays for Young
McCarthy for Banfield id do too.
Your thoughts allowing for possible replacements.

I try not to overthink replacements due to injury each week as injuries are doing my head in.

If Darcy is out then IMO it would be great to give Meek an opportunity. Even if it's for a week. It would be a good opportunity for him to experience what it's like to play against AFL ruckmen.

With Young injured Cox should come in if fit. Cox to play on Darling and Ryan to monster Kennedy. I like those match ups.

If that works then Hill can hopefully extract the ball out of the backline. He's improving each week.

If Fyfe doesn't play (which I think he will) then I'd be looking at Blakely to be a big body mid to fill the void.

I try not to overthink replacements due to injury each week as injuries are doing my head in.

If Darcy is out then IMO it would be great to give Meek an opportunity. Even if it's for a week. It would be a good opportunity for him to experience what it's like to play against AFL ruckmen.

With Young injured Cox should come in if fit. Cox to play on Darling and Ryan to monster Kennedy. I like those match ups.

If that works then Hill can hopefully extract the ball out of the backline. He's improving each week.

If Fyfe doesn't play (which I think he will) then I'd be looking at Blakely to be a big body mid to fill the void.
Yeah that's why id also do McCarthy for Banfield. He's the third tall who plays second tall for a bit if no Fyfe in the side. Id go Hughes on Darling as he's actually done really well on him before. That leaves Cox on Waterman where he could play off a bit and take some risks to intercept.

Yeah that's why id also do McCarthy for Banfield. He's the third tall who plays second tall for a bit if no Fyfe in the side. Id go Hughes on Darling as he's actually done really well on him before. That leaves Cox on Waterman where he could play off a bit and take some risks to intercept.

Is McCarthy ready though? Freo haven't indicated that he's ready to step back into AFL

If Hogan was in you could argue for Lobb in the ruck but without Hogan Meek has to play if Darcy is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't man up and make McGovern, Hurn and Sheppard accountable which Lyon was unable to do for the last 4 years we will get manhandled again. Maybe worth a punt to play Fyfe on McGovern forward all match, Shultz on Hurn and someone like maybe Serong or Banfield on Shepard. Then we only have to worry about their midfield and forward line. Also don't know why all the talk about McCarthy in, you would think he is still a few weeks ago as he n
Thought this was interesting in the Worst last week

View attachment 912959
View attachment 912960
Margetts could be a big in this week for the Eagles, he is eager to get back to home surroundings and playing the role of the Eagles 19th man.

If we don't man up and make McGovern, Hurn and Sheppard accountable which Lyon was unable to do for the last 4 years we will get manhandled again. Maybe worth a punt to play Fyfe on McGovern forward all match, Shultz on Hurn and someone like maybe Serong or Banfield on Shepard. Then we only have to worry about their midfield and forward line. Also don't know why all the talk about McCarthy in, you would think he is still a few weeks ago as he n

Margetts could be a big in this week for the Eagles, he is eager to get back to home surroundings and playing the role of the Eagles 19th man.
You think Fyfe will play??

valente in for Fyfe. You heard it here first.

Based on “Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good rumour”

Also I reckon don’t play Fyfe.

Rest him for Monday night cats in 12 days time then about 10 games in 6 weeks.

We say this but WC has been Collingwood's biggest hurdle the last few years
No way, Hawthorn easily. Until last weekend Buckley was 1-12 against Clarko.

Point stands given the similar styles though.
Rossball did win 6 of the first 7 derbies it was utilised in. Including 6 in a row. Really you should specify; you mean late Rossball rather than early Rossball yes?
Rossball worked in round 5(?) 2015 when we kick 9 straight or whatever it was against the losing grand finalists of that year.

I think the two streaks marry up nicely to the relative abilities of the two teams.

Going to the Derby this Sunday but can't realistically give Freo a chance :( The filthy Eagles have too much up forward, though i hope I'm wrong. Freo with no defense and a young midfield will find it tough.

Sell your ticket to a Dockers fan.

Going to the Derby this Sunday but can't realistically give Freo a chance :( The filthy Eagles have too much up forward, though i hope I'm wrong. Freo with no defense and a young midfield will find it tough.
Chuck a few 'boooos' in Gaff's direction will you, and give an 'oh yeah baby' for every Brayshaw touch. After all, you are sitting in a Dockers seat.

No way, Hawthorn easily. Until last weekend Buckley was 1-12 against Clarko.

Point stands given the similar styles though.

Rossball worked in round 5(?) 2015 when we kick 9 straight or whatever it was against the losing grand finalists of that year.

I think the two streaks marry up nicely to the relative abilities of the two teams.
As of the end of that match Freo had won 15 of the last 19 Derbies.

Blakely's chance with fyfe going out? Or is mccarthy more likely with fyfe playing more forward?

Im excited to see how we play with such a comprimised team. Hope the young fellas give it to them. Would love to see valente get a run or frederick. A derby debut would be great.

I'd actually play Dixon myself (assume he is indeed fit). He is big enough that you need to leave a good defender on him if he sits in the goal square and is a great kick so won't embarrass himself if he gets the ball up field. Think he could manage Fyfe's output from last week in the 2nd half too (3 touches and a goal). Of course I don't think this is going to happen.

Personally think Mitch will come in since he is the only inside mid we have left that can play forward a bit. I don't really mind who it is tbh. Any option we have left is of some interest at least.

Out: Young, Fyfe
In: Cox, Mitch/Valente/Blakely/Cam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back