Traded Collingwood trade F2, F3, F4 to Gold Coast for #22, 46, 58, 79 & F4

Remove this Banner Ad

They will do trades where they consolidate say 3 picks into 2 so the points are the same but it saves them one list spot etc (we might even help them with this in the kreuger deal).
Yep, if the Cats are keen, happy to trade a pick in the 40’s for Kreuger and pick 55.

He’s a list need, unlike Lipinski file.

Pick 79 will come in after the FS and NGA selections as well.

An interesting add to the trade it must mean they plan on using the current 78/79 at the draft.
I want to see how they plan on opening enough list spots

Does GC have an Academy kid likely to be a top 20 pick in 2022 to need those 3 (but effectively 2) picks next year??

My understanding of how it works is that NGA kids can't be bid on this year in the 1-20 range, and next year 1-20 +21-40, but that the 4 northern clubs still get access to their Northern Academy kids. I read some stuff last year about the GWS NGA which basically meant they lost the NGA component (ie indigenous and multicultural kids) of their Academy in southern NSW, but kept their basic Academy component like the 3 other northern clubs.

Yep, if the Cats are keen, happy to trade a pick in the 40’s for Kreuger and pick 55.

He’s a list need, unlike Lipinski file.

I think you need them both for your list but i agree talls are a bigger need so hopefully we can get krueger done first.

Pick 79 will come in after the FS and NGA selections as well.

An interesting add to the trade it must mean they plan on using the current 78/79 at the draft.

They will use it (it will end up at mid-late 60s) to either re draft one of their delisted players or pick up late kids. Ie match daicos then take 2 kids at the very back of the draft.

You do, unless they decide to give it to GWS again for nothing.

Nothing else though.
Well we can't anyways.

Your 1st round pick (top 3 in our case) is easily 75% of your draft presence, "basially skipping next year's draft" is a really weird way of putting it

Well we can't anyways.

Your 1st round pick (top 3 in our case) is easily 75% of your draft presence, "basially skipping next year's draft" is a really weird way of putting it

I did say basically not completely :)

I'd originally thought it would have compromised this year as well, but it seems you guys have a pretty good tilt at this years trade period now.

You do, unless they decide to give it to GWS again for nothing.

Nothing else though.
When we don’t get a bid on Nick Daicos until pick 3, do you think St.Kilda might be interested in trading their 2022 2nd rounder for pick 22 on draft night? We won’t need pick 22 to match the bid and still likely have enough points to match a late Dib bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we don’t get a bid on Nick Daicos until pick 3, do you think St.Kilda might be interested in trading their 2022 2nd rounder for pick 22 on draft night? We won’t need pick 22 to match the bid and still likely have enough points to match a late Dib bid.

That seems like a bad deal for Collingwood - assuming we can finish at least 10th-12th that's around pick 30-32 in next years draft.

If Collingwood actually offered St Kilda that I'd fully support it.

Why not just take pick 22 to the draft?

That’s an epic win for Gold Coast.

They got pick 19 as a freebie pity pick from the afl so can deal 22 and the junk they wouldn’t even have used as if it’s nothing.

Now they’ve got a super strong draft hand in a very strong draft.

Tell me that gcs aren’t getting another pity pick next year? Was this year the last one?

Which is good given they now no longer have any...
They have kept their 1st round pick which is the one they really wanted to keep. The last thing they wanted was that to drop down

Does GC have an Academy kid likely to be a top 20 pick in 2022 to need those 3 (but effectively 2) picks next year??

My understanding of how it works is that NGA kids can't be bid on this year in the 1-20 range, and next year 1-20 +21-40, but that the 4 northern clubs still get access to their Northern Academy kids. I read some stuff last year about the GWS NGA which basically meant they lost the NGA component (ie indigenous and multicultural kids) of their Academy in southern NSW, but kept their basic Academy component like the 3 other northern clubs.
Cody Harrington looking like he could be a first round pick. Plenty to play out of course but we will need points. This is a win/win trade

That seems like a bad deal for Collingwood - assuming we can finish at least 10th-12th that's around pick 30-32 in next years draft.

If Collingwood actually offered St Kilda that I'd fully support it.

Why not just take pick 22 to the draft?
Because it’ll get soaked up by Nick Daicos bid. Why not trade it and use picks In the 40’s and 50’s to match the bid while getting back into the 2nd round in 2022.

If St.Kilda finish 10th, that’s pick 28 in 2022 but pick 22 only has a point value to us. We won’t get the pick at that number.

Obvious G Wright has more to play out here. No-way he will only carry 2 picks into 2022 draft.

Also whether the Pies were going to use a future 3rd and or 4th round for Lipinski and Kreuger or pick them off this year with this haul, makes no difference anyway with what would have been left.

Nice to get a deal done and at least now be able to dictate what we do going forward.

Has it be confirmed if the Gold Coast will have to match any bids again, last I heard all their academy players just rolled onto the list if they were wanted.

Interesting trade, ultimately a win for both I'd say.

Collingwood are intent on bringing in players in the right age bracket via trade, and will obviously add Daicos this year whilst still retaining their first next year which - in fairness to them - is more likely than not to be another top 5 pick.

Gold Coast are effectively building a monster hand at the 2022 draft in exchange for what they likely have very little need for in 2021.

I like it all round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back