Autopsy Round 6 geelong lose to collingwood by 29 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats laid an egg here.

Low work rate, poor run and missed shots on goal.

Be civil and talk about the reasons we lost.

Dont go overboard. You will get done.

Go Catters

Standard game against the Pies

We have this amazing knack of making them look amazing.
Slow ball movement, no urgency and Hawk got belted by a potato

The only positives for me where Stewart looked as good as he has in clearly his best game, Tuohy was good and Bews was solid

Not much else to be happy about

Another year.

Another stupefying loss to the Pies.

And a new contender for the most ridiculous aspect of how we go about footy emerges.

Not only are we utterly horrendous coming off the bye. Now we've learned that teams off a five-day break in heavy conditions will look fresher than us for the whole game.

Only Geelong. Only Geelong.

:mad::mad::mad:

No Selwood, no Dangerfield... No Geelong.

We have been a lot more even this year, very general comment and I think unwarranted on our 2017 performances to date.

keep selwood and dangerfield quiet and we go to water but we all already knew this
today we were a menzel short of anything creative in the forward line

taylor adams had 21 kicks, josh smith "who"? had 24 kicks
while guthrie had 7, lang 7, murdoch 5, blivacs 4, inept
at least ghs who normally handballs more then kicks had 13 kicks

josh smith "who" and hoskin elliot carved us up,probably their best games for the pies, would these players be consideredpies "2nd tier". why are our "2nd tier" so inept

geelong has a way of making average players play great

very convincing loss.
we have not beaten a top side all year

I think we have a problem by loosing when you do not expect to
NO run, NO passion, NO desire.
We lost because they wanted it and our team just spectated
CRAP EFFORT and we loose to a side most people think are weaker than us

Fk me, I missed most of the game running the kids around and come home to see us down by 42 in the last quarter. How the hell can we get beaten all the time by the filth? Norf and the Pies are our hoodoo teams. Hopeless. We are nowhere near as good as we think we are. so much for the 5 day break being a problem too. Too many passengers again when the big guns are down. Gutted , i hate losing to the filth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty horrible performance and a fair reality check as to where we are actually at. We had been a bit lucky to escape for wins in earlier rounds and couldnt do it again.

Dangerfield must be injured, doesn't look right at all. Positives were probably Tuohy and Duncan, Stewart was ok in patches, Cocky did ok but that's about it.

We let them own the corridor too easily.

We were cruising for a bruising.

Collingwood are a very ordinary side, but are a side that if you don't play your best footy against will allow there ordinary players to excel and have results like this happen.

Cockatoo didn't have an absolute blinder but he at least had heart. Almost singlehandedly willed us back into the game before the Pies started piling on goals, and was the only player to get around our skipper on a dirty day. Team could learn a lot from him

Basically midfield got beaten but we still had enough ball to win but we didnt move it direct if we moved it quick like we did in the last qtr we would have won easily.

Both a player and a coaching fail.

Still think we will finish top 4 and be a good shot to win the flag but it was a bad loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back