Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogan was good again I thought.

Hogan was good while Lobb and Tabs really stunk it up.

Hogan has a great ability to impact contests, it is rare you see the opposition get away from a contest with him on their feet, he brings people to ground every time. The two goals walters got were from Hogan's pressure and impact.

I’m kinda forgetting how good Pearce & Hamling are! What a dilemma at the end of the season.

I doubt we will be able to keep all our defenders. They will know a 2 or 3 will be sitting on the sidelines each week (not with injury this time). Hopefully we pull the right rein.

I think we can play:
Hamling / Pearce
Cox
Logue
Ryan

Cox just has to play as do Griff and Ryan, but i'm not sure its in our best interests to play both Hamling and Pearce given their deficiencies by foot.

Out: Lobb

In: Colyer or Henry (I wish Switta was available)

The forecast is rain again this Saturday and I feel it's now common sense that if it's raining we don't play Lobb.

I really rate Lobb and loved his performances early in the season when the weather was dry. That said, if it's raining Lobb offers nothing to the team and we simply have play someone else.

I think we can play:
Hamling / Pearce
Cox
Logue
Ryan

Cox just has to play as do Griff and Ryan, but i'm not sure its in our best interests to play both Hamling and Pearce given their deficiencies by foot.
I was thinking the same thing. The current backline is in my opinion a long way ahead of last years backing in terms of kicking and moving the ball out.

I wouldnt drop cox even when Pearce or hammer return hes done barely a thing wrong and his outside the foot 25m pass gets us out so easily.

If I had to id put Ryan, Cox, Pearce, Logue, Wilson, Young. Hughes can be off the bench. Conca and Hill step back a bit and let the younger guys come through. Logue can take the smaller defender non key forward role from Conca and the rest to what they've always done. Thats a defence for the next 8-10 years.

I was thinking the same thing. The current backline is in my opinion a long way ahead of last years backing in terms of kicking and moving the ball out.

I wouldnt drop cox even when Pearce or hammer return hes done barely a thing wrong and his outside the foot 25m pass gets us out so easily.

If I had to id put Ryan, Cox, Pearce, Logue, Wilson, Young. Hughes can be off the bench. Conca and Hill step back a bit and let the younger guys come through. Logue can take the smaller defender non key forward role from Conca and the rest to what they've always done. Thats a defence for the next 8-10 years.
Cox gets caught out of position quite often, either goes to the wrong spot or is next to a teammate instead of covering a dangerous area. I don't think he's on the level of KPD that Hamling, Pearce or Logue. He's good though.
Fortunately for him, Ryan is not a KPD. So it's 2 spots with 3 players, then the third tall I assume is Logue. Then Ryan, Wilson and Conca/Hill/Duman/Hughes/Pina/Watson.

Conca has to stay in.

We have for a long time been absolutely but to pieces by small forwards and the likes of Greene, DeGoey, Martin when thy drift forward. It looks like we finally have found a guy that can shut them down consistently, he is SUPER IMPORTANT to us.

Go in unchanged again.

Acres - If suspended - Bring in another debutant Valente or Blakely
Duman - If Injured - Bring in Watson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Lobb

In: Colyer or Henry (I wish Switta was available)

The forecast is rain again this Saturday and I feel it's now common sense that if it's raining we don't play Lobb.

I really rate Lobb and loved his performances early in the season when the weather was dry. That said, if it's raining Lobb offers nothing to the team and we simply have play someone else.
It’s a bit of a dilemma isn’t it? Lobb is in to provide support for Darcy in the ruck as well as keep Tabs full time forward and provide a different target resting inside 50. He’s failing at both the past few months.
Darcy is going well as a young ruck, he held his own against Gawn. Lobb isn’t threatening defenders, plus his set shots for goals are garbage. It’s cringeworthy. He’s getting in the way of Hogan and Tabs now.
However Tabs as second ruck changes the forward structure. Plus Darcy can’t ruck on his own.
The only solution is to debut Meek, which we should do in the last two games. Give him a chance.

Conca has to stay in.

We have for a long time been absolutely but to pieces by small forwards and the likes of Greene, DeGoey, Martin when thy drift forward. It looks like we finally have found a guy that can shut them down consistently, he is SUPER IMPORTANT to us.
Fair call he is alot younger than I thought. I assumed 31-32.

Cerra would've been written up for attempting that snap under the old regime, great to see that kind of thing creeping back into the team.

Did you see the reaction from the boys after the goal? They're starting to enjoy their footy again

I’m really looking forward to this tired narrative going away. Not only is it utter garbage that Cerra or anyone would get written up for being creative under Lyon (we’ve taken all of 3mins to identify a number of examples) but it’s also completely irrelevant.

I’m really looking forward to this tired narrative going away. Not only is it utter garbage that Cerra or anyone would get written up for being creative under Lyon (we’ve taken all of 3mins to identify a number of examples) but it’s also completely irrelevant.
After Barlow kicked that great goal against Adelaide in "15 Lyon was asked about it.

His response wasn't one of praise, it was a blunt "lets just say He's lucky it went in"

Be a Lyon sycophant all you want but you can't ignore the fact that he was all about structure, percentages and systems over risk taking and expression of flair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back