Preview Changes: Round 8 Vs Brisbane Lions + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah let’s just shuffle the deck chairs but when it’s all said and done the whole team was miles off in the second half. It’s about attitude and effort over personnel this week. Bring in any of the Peel players and it makes no difference when we get beat that badly all over the ground.

Midfield just dropped their bundle in the 3rd quarter. Not much an already confused defense can do at that point.

Believe or not, Hughes going out really hurt us. I still believe Ryan, Hamling and Pearce are our best defenders, yet everyone talks up Cox. Logue and Cox should hit the gym.

People give Hughes crap every week. Our whole structure broke down when he went down. He was our link from defense to midfield.. the extra defender/midfield playmaker.

He is out of contract if I were his manager I would get a copy of this game and play it during negotiations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank god a lot of you are not on the selection committee. Reactionaries !!.

First to look at, who is injured from this weeks 22 ?. Who is fit to return from injury / improved Reserves form ?.

Hughes, Chapman, Cox (playing injured). If they are out, that is one angle to start from. Who was stone useless and we have a viable replacement ?.

People give Hughes crap every week. Our whole structure broke down when he went down. He was our link from defense to midfield.. the extra defender/midfield playmaker.

He is out of contract if I were his manager I would get a copy of this game and play it during negotiations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He fumbled and mumbled his way through his time on ground. Watson did a much better and more composed job than Hughes in this game. Our midfield is what went wrong after half time, not losing Hughes. But it certainly didn't help losing a defender in an already undermanned backline and an injured player or two already on the ground and Logue looking like he was too sore? or lazy to get out of a jog.

Out: Hughes, Chapman, Crowden, Frederick
In: Ryan, Duman, Treacy, Western

If Chapman isn’t 90+% then leave him.

No one from our midfield today is getting dropped but they need to ****ing lift defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Lobb, Crowden, Acres, Frederick, Hughes (inj)
In: Meek, Treacy, Sturt, Western/Henry, Ryan

Logue skating on thin ice if Hamling is good to go. Aish has more deposited in the goodwill bank than Acres.

Our structure goes to absolute balls without the third tall/marking target up forward.
Thought acres had a half decent game for once

I think we have a great opportunity here to beat Brisbane, we just have to make the right selections and drop the players who contributed little to the team. I think that Crowden and Frederick (based on his form in the last 2 games) are easy outs. Lobb is currently a waste of space and deserves to be Dropped for Meek to remind him that he is not irreplaceable.

Debuting Western infront of a home crowd will be massive for us and give us some energy hopefully. Treacy will help with our forward structure and playing Meek will allow Darcy to play forward. We've got this!

Last edited:
Tabs was having a great game until our midfield began getting destroyed

Taking into consideration the circumstances of a midfield that was well beaten after half time they both produced a similar kind of output as forwards over 4 quarters.

Out : Crowden , Lobb , Fredrick . Chapman ( inj.)

In : Western , Meek , Treacy
Hamling ?

He fumbled and mumbled his way through his time on ground. Watson did a much better and more composed job than Hughes in this game. Our midfield is what went wrong after half time, not losing Hughes. But it certainly didn't help losing a defender in an already undermanned backline and an injured player or two already on the ground and Logue looking like he was too sore? or lazy to get out of a jog.
Once Hughes went out Brayshaw pretty much hung in defence, thus weakening our midfield even more .

I thought Brayshaw , Fyfe and Watson were the only ones who played with any heart today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back