Prediction Round 1: Changes Vs Adelaide Crows + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes you think he's a douchebag? My point was players who have talent not JUST hard trainers should be the ones we are giving more games to.

Never said he was a dbag. I said there was a time talented but flawed individuals were brought to the club, ruined the culture.

Henry is a good citizen. Just doesn't warrant a spot purely due to his talent. He should go back to the wafl learn a defensive side. Watch him closely on Sunday.

We're not winning the premiership this year and Colyer won't be part of the team when we challenge. Henry will be . Henry is a potential A grader , Colyer has had his time.
We need to start playing finals, and to do that's need to be going out to win every game. Aish is a better wing than Henry.

This discussion shouldn't really be focused on Henry. It should be focusing on where the club is at in terms of development. If we are years away from finals, play Henry and O'Driscoll as we did with Cerra and Brayshaw. If we are in contention play the 22 most likely to get the win, and play the depth and emerging players when injury and form demand it.

Never said he was a dbag. I said there was a time talented but flawed individuals were brought to the club, ruined the culture.

Henry is a good citizen. Just doesn't warrant a spot purely due to his talent. He should go back to the wafl learn a defensive side. Watch him closely on Sunday.

Do you really think Colyer not playing will be the difference between winning and losing?

We need to start playing finals, and to do that's need to be going out to win every game. Aish is a better wing than Henry.

This discussion shouldn't really be focused on Henry. It should be focusing on where the club is at in terms of development. If we are years away from finals, play Henry and O'Driscoll as we did with Cerra and Brayshaw. If we are in contention play the 22 most likely to get the win, and play the depth and emerging players when injury and form demand it.

Aish isn't ready fitness wise. The discussion I thought was Colyer or Henry. Do you really think Colyer playing instead of Henry will be the reason we make the 8.

Aish isn't ready fitness wise. The discussion I thought was Colyer or Henry. Do you really think Colyer playing instead of Henry will be the reason we make the 8.

We never said that u dork. We need the very best out there which i am sure you'll agree as it's time to win yeah? Play finals...it's been a long time.

Stats, eyes and anything else points to Colyer over Henry. I am less triggered with banners tbh, i find Henry as a liability.

Nothing wrong with half a season in wafl. Tabs did it once and found himself as a player.

Fair enough, I know he has issues but personally I would rather see him get games given his undeniable talent rather than give games to players that have very very little to offer now and in the future.

Fair enough, I know he has issues but personally I would rather see him get games given his undeniable talent rather than give games to players that have very very little to offer now and in the future.

Yeah i would of agreed with that sentiment when we were rebuilding. We are built now time to rock n roll.

Has the club said Aish isn't ready? Whats been his issues?

I don't think Henry or Colyer are going to determine if we make the 8, but I do think integrity of selection can. I'm not advocating for Colyer to play. I am however disliking the sense that Henry is locked in best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo If Colyer is best 22 then we are not winning a GF.
Nothing against Colyer but he is a journeyman who filled a need.
His job now is to educate the younger players at training and at Peel.

If Henry was doing that atm I'd agree with you.
Colyer isn't at that Dpearce time of his career yet where he cools his feet at peel. Maybe in the next year or so, but now is too early with that speed.

We never said that u dork. We need the very best out there which i am sure you'll agree as it's time to win yeah? Play finals...it's been a long time.

Stats, eyes and anything else points to Colyer over Henry. I am less triggered with banners tbh, i find Henry as a liability.

Nothing wrong with half a season in wafl. Tabs did it once and found himself as a player.

Enough with the dork part, Stats eyes and everything else point to Colyer being an average c class journeyman.
Unfortunately your opinion on Colyer and Henry isn't shared by the selection committee , end of story .

Imo If Colyer is best 22 then we are not winning a GF.
Nothing against Colyer but he is a journeyman who filled a need.
His job now is to educate the younger players at training and at Peel.
Silly argument. The club needs to build finals experience before any discussion about a premiership, and playing Colyer can help deliver that. I'm also tipping Colyer is on the list next year. Henry's job is to push past him. But I'd be playing Aish or Walker (in defence, Clark on the wing) personally.

I guess that's where we see it slightly different, losing Cerra has set us back at least a season IMO.
I hope this isn't an excuse the club uses. He is certainly a loss, but both Brodie and Clark are in the best 22 this week and Erasmus nudging a debut. Our list is better than last year.

I hope this isn't an excuse the club uses. He is certainly a loss, but both Brodie and Clark are in the best 22 this week and Erasmus nudging a debut. Our list is better than last year.

I'm sure they won't but Cerra was a huge loss, Brodie might be decent contested ball winner but he doesn't come close to covering Cerra.

Silly argument. The club needs to build finals experience before any discussion about a premiership, and playing Colyer can help deliver that. I'm also tipping Colyer is on the list next year. Henry's job is to push past him. But I'd be playing Aish or Walker (in defence, Clark on the wing) personally.

Hope you're wrong about Colyer still on next years list.
If he is we aren't winning a GF anytime soon . 30 plus year old c graders is not good list management.

I'm sure they won't but Cerra was a huge loss, Brodie might be decent contested ball winner but he doesn't come close to covering Cerra.
You are probably right, But there is no way that one of our Flankers shouldn’t be
groomed for midfield rotations.
That list includes Young, Chapman, Walker, Erasmus, Sturt.

Holy sh*t Henry has played 2 seasons FFS and showed glimpses of his potential, what more do you want for a 2 year player? You want them all to start dominating straight away?

He's not a Brayshaw or are Fyfe, he's a project player who is going to take time

A lot of people with some very unrealistic expectations on here, Henry will be just fine in the long run and playing him in the AFL team is the fastest way to get him there.
Ed Langdon was dropped twice in his second season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back