Game Day Geelong vs Collingwood Practice Match @11AM

Remove this Banner Ad

spare me. have i melted at all? im just saying our gameplan doesnt look solid and hasn't changed much. are you impressed so far? do you have anything else to go off?

I couldn't give a s**t how we play today. We could lose by 10 goals and it will have no impact on our year. I will worry once we a start playing real games.

I couldn't give a sh*t how we play today. We could lose by 10 goals and it will have no impact on our year. I will worry once we a start playing real games.

well done legend! good for you! i'd like to see some improvement with the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
well done legend! good for you! i'd like to see some improvement with the team. (abuse removed)

No need to resort to insults.

These practice matches are used by teams differently. As an example, we had Cameron, the Brown brothers and another youngster in the centre bounce before. Do you think that's how we are going to run during the year?

Meanwhile at the same bounce, Geelong had Selwood, Guthrie and and Blicavs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t have any expectations for this year, I view it as a transition period, we likely to finish outside 8, but I wouldn’t get concerned over practice matches. I just want games into the kids. result is meaningless.
Carlton won the preseason cup and then went onto win the wooden spoon. Pre season means nothing 👍.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question, is there a more one-paced midfield in the comp than ours? We've gone back to the assed wombat days just without the contested ball beast benefit we had then...

That is a lot more senior squad than what I was expecting to be named. I guess with only 2 hit outs before Round 1 they don't have much scope for giving younger players a go.

I think this gives a fair indication of who is in contention for Round 1.

+ Adams & JDG hopefully.

Last edited:
Genuine question, is there a more one-paced midfield in the comp than ours? We've gone back to the assed wombat days just without the contested ball beast benefit we had then...
De Goey and Adams need to be surrounded by some good pace like Daicos and Noble and the quick of mind Pendles.

Hawthorn?

Treloar out with that speed hurts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back