Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 6 vs. Hawthorn - Giants Stadium (NSW), 7:50pm Fri 10/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Cox, Varcoe, Wills (with the whole forward line on notice)

In: Kelly, Noble, Sier

Out: Wimping out of contests, over possessing the footy

In: Hard attacking footballers who want to win

Seriously i don't even know after tonight. The only two players who van walk into next week confident the played their role this week are Maynard and Daicos

I'm trying to find some positive stuff to help me get through the weekend.

Thought Shaz was great. Some time will help him bond with the others which looked rattled tonight.

Out. Cox, T Brown, WHE & the goal review system. God knows how that was confidently overturned after it hit the umpire.

In. Cameron, Rantall, Quaynor
Agree.
Shaz was pretty much the only positive from the night.
Let's hope the kid gets a decent run at it.

It’s round 5, we are 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw. 2 losses in close games and we are obviously down on form. The sky isn’t falling and plenty of time to turn it around but geeze we lack scoring ability atm, we are playing far to safe.

Putting it in perspective Port are the only team playing consistent football atm so it’s not just us.

I’ll keep saying it, Cox should never play again. he is not afl standard and our ruins our structure.You play a forward to mark and kick goals, not “bring the ball to the ground”

Lot of players down on form but this can turn quickly.

Positives are Shaz got through, daicos continues to improve (his bro likely no 1 pick) and both kelly and Reid had good games in the scratch match.

For me: Cox out (for good). That’s a start but please not Cameron. Kelly surely close? Reid (I know but better than cox), hell even bring Dunn back and put roughy forward. Something has to be done to change it up and actually score!

I don't care if a player is soft if he can hit a team mate with a pass.
I don't care if a player is soft if he can kick a goal.
I don't care if a player is soft if he can actually play football.

Dids was as soft as the come. Tried to act like a tough guy from time to time but the truth was he was soft.
My care factor. Zero.

Don't get me wrong. I love the tough nut. My fav players have always been tough nuts. But they have been tough nuts that can play the game.
I would prefer a soft utensil that can play the game over a tough nut that provides nothing.
You need a mix of hard nuts and damaging soft players like Didak. We seemed to be stacked with players that are in between.

You need a mix of hard nuts and damaging soft players like Didak. We seemed to be stacked with players that are in between.
Exactly.
If you are a hard nut you still need to be able to contribute.
My fav player at the moment is Adams.
He has his brain fart moments, he makes mistakes but ultimately he is a hard nut that adds to the team.
Unfortunately Wills isn't adding to the team.
It's not hate. I actually love his dedication and commitment. But at the end of the day it just doesn't cut it.

Out: Mayne, Wills, Cox, Tyler Brown
In: Bianco, Thomas, Kelly, Reid

Any OUT that doesn’t have Cox first is a troll.
And that goes for Nathan too—-if Cox is playing next week—Nathan should walk himself.

Without doubt Cox OUT
Varcoe OUT
Was brought in to play half back and wa so bad he moved forward.
He is cooked.
Wills- my god—-an absolute log.
Feet stuck in concrete.

play some kids
Persist with Noble
Give Kelly a run
IQ ahead of Varcoe permanently
Play Rantall or Sier instead of Wills.

the problem with Nathan is he always goes back to what he thinks is “safe” which is the opposite of “finding better”

Doesn't take long for the knives to come out does it. A few need to have a sleep on it and then come back a little clearer in the morning. The sun will rise tomorrow, I am sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't take long for the knives to come out does it. A few need to have a sleep on it and then come back a little clearer in the morning. The sun will rise tomorrow, I am sure

Glad you Except the Pathetic Effort Tonight

For fu** sake, please put a line through C.Brown, T.Brown, M.Cox & T.Varcoe

Don't really care who comes in.

Without a doubt the Brown brothers (along with WHE) were the luckiest players to keep their spots for this game. Both only young but Callum is unbelievably average and one dimensional - constantly ducking back into traffic, not really wanting the ball when the game’s there to be won, and he literally can’t kick over 35-40m. How we didn’t recruit a Butler type who actually lays tackles and kicks goals I’ll never know.

We’re well and truly ****ed if they keep their spots.

Without a doubt the Brown brothers (along with WHE) were the luckiest players to keep their spots for this game. Both only young but Callum is unbelievably average and one dimensional - constantly ducking back into traffic, not really wanting the ball when the game’s there to be won, and he literally can’t kick over 35-40m. How we didn’t recruit a Butler type who actually lays tackles and kicks goals I’ll never know.

We’re well and truly f’ed if they keep their spots.
Callum is the worst regular '22' footballer in the AFL

Too late for the Sun to come out tomorrow; we played in the rain tonight and got our pants pulled down.

I feel that on account of Howe’s injury and Steele’s suspension a few survived the chop that shouldn’t have. Meaning their poor performance tonight, is even less excusable.
Now I think anymore than 3 or 4 changes is too much. And I back Tyler Brown in ahead of some more experienced players with no heart or capabilities. Tyler will improve, the others are incapable. Incidentally, judging by Mihoceks strapping he’s carrying an injury... so maybe a forced change. He has been uncharacteristically off.

Out:
Cox: we should have traded him to the Roos. Too soft to leap for the ball with any intent.

Wills:fumbling the ball when your only job is to be clean and pick it up is not excusable. Yes it was wet, but other players were more capable clearing the ball tonight. Not enough tackling tonight either, he’s lost out their and too slow. When he does manage to pick it up he hand balls it to the player right next to him, no ability to create even by hand.

WHE : no heart whatsoever, too soft. A great player to have in the team when we are playing well or are against opposition that are soft. He’s a down hill skier.

Phillips: unlike WHE and Cox he at least tries. But he’s soft, slow, weak and contrary to what the commentators say is not that good a kick. He’s constantly pushed off the ball like he’s an under 10 on work experience.

In:
Cameron: is prefer to get a look at Kelly but I suspect due to the rucking ability it will be Cameron. Grundy looks like he might be carrying that knee injury.

Sier: I’d give him a game. See if it can sting him into action.

IQ: allow Varcoe forward and Elliot in the midfield.

hard to say who the fourth is without knowing much about their performances.

I think calls for Mayne are unfounded given their are players that should be dropped ahead of him. Played a tough role tonight in a backline that was understandably shaky with the absence of Howe. The players that came in for their first games get a reprieve.

So we try and pigeonhole Elliot into the midfield because a forward line of Elliot, Stevo, WHE/Phillips and Cox can’t tackle. Despite the fact Elliot isn’t, and never has been, a midfielder.

As sh*t as we were, and as overrated as some of our “stars” are, we’d benefit from playing players in their correct position - or if not, not selecting them at all.

Elliot and Stevo forward. De Goey roaming half forward. Cox, WHE and both Browns (0 tackles between them) dropped. Phillips back on a wing.

Our list is terribly unbalanced but our untouchable coach makes things worse with his ineptitude.

Elliott’s best form pre back injury included midfield rotations, either in the Centre square or off a wing. Say what you like about him, but at least he was getting to the fall of the footy when he was in the Centre square tonight.

It;s a BIG step up from teh praccy matches the twos are playingto teh AFL this year, I'd be inclined to cut those who are just up from that SOME slack

Out - Wills, Cox, Tyler -
in - Sier, Kelly, IQ
lucky - Varcoe, Mioheck, Elliot, WHE,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back