Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. North Melbourne (R15, Sat 29/06 7:25pm MRVL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we know:

Howe is out injured.

Scharenberg won’t be the inclusion.

Candidates for inclusion this week:

Daicos, Crocker, Quaynor and as he has the profile to replace Howe, Madgen.

I think they’ll bring Daicos in and Quaynor. A bit of juggling.

In: Quaynor, Daicos

Out: Howe (injured), Varcoe

New: Quaynor

Emergencies: Varcoe, Madgen, Crocker, Lynch

How did Quaynor go defensively Sunday? That has been the issue with him YTD in those games I've seen.

You been on the sauce at lunch?

Guilty as charged.....I am in the City to get my wisdom teeth pulled out ......having read three pages of Jimmy Clement reincarnated as Shaza I asked the surgeon to pull them out without anesthetic...........it would be less painful than reading bigfooty.

If Shaza playing 100 games becomes a reality he will only make us better......rejoice his drive and demeanor people and don’t be so critical of a bloke who’s AFL career has been stalled because his body may not be up to it.

Semi Rant over.

Last edited:
Yes but it was far from convincing, better team than the bullies would have won that game, still not convinced yet on it
Better in what way?

It's the fast paced swarming style that does us in.

Footscray are as good - if not better - than any team on their day with that style.

EVERY team presents different challenges.

Guilty as charged.....I am in the City to get my wisdom teeth pulled out ......having read three pages of Jimmy Clement reincarnated as Shaza I asked the surgeon to pull them out without anesthetic...........it would be less painful than reading bigfooty.

If Shaza playing 100 games becomes a reality he will only make us better......rejoice his drive and demeanor people and don’t be so critical of a bloke who’s AFL career has been stalled because his body may not be up to it.

Semi Rant over.

Funny you mention teeth. I was thinking of going to the dentist as a viable alternative to the GM party.

But I’m with you. I love Schaz. IIRC we were both at Port Melbourne that fateful day some years ago (VFL final) when Schaz went on a spree of intercept marking, pinpoint passes, and general exquisiteness (not sure that’s a word). A first half never to be forgotten. Then Marsh did his hammy...

Is he?

Do not know.

Haven’t heard that but if he is, gee that’s bad timing for him
That had been mentioned earlier but he is in the "In The Mix" article on our website, so I could be wrong??

Edit: Or not...

That had been mentioned earlier but he is in the "In The Mix" article on our website, so I could be wrong??
Didn’t know.

Might just be Daicos in and some juggling and off we go.

Yes but it was far from convincing, better team than the bullies would have won that game, still not convinced yet on it
Perhaps better team that move the ball like the doggies would have beaten us but I’m not sure any of the better teams do move the ball like them.

Funny you mention teeth. I was thinking of going to the dentist as a viable alternative to the GM party.

But I’m with you. I love Schaz. IIRC we were both at Port Melbourne that fateful day some years ago (VFL final) when Schaz went on a spree of intercept marking, pinpoint passes, and general exquisiteness (not sure that’s a word). A first half never to be forgotten. Then Marsh did his hammy...

My son played footy in Mernda and then we drove all the way to Port Melbourne just to watch his comeback game this year.....I love this bloke.......he personifies everything good about Collingwood for me.

Semi Rant over.

Sorry, don't be so critical... Hypocrit much? Where was this philosophy when you were ripping Tommy Langdon with glee.

I’ve been thinking that too about Cox and free kicks - it’s Cloke all over again. Two or three defenders hanging off him, wrestling, pushing, but rarely a free. The other issue is his positioning and our delivery to him. Cox looks a million dollars when he leads and gets away from his opponent, and our guys hit him up. Also looks good running up to a pack and taking the ball down. But when he’s in a pack waiting under a ball, not so good. And the umpires ignore the defenders’ indiscretions.

Kick to space.

Sorry, don't be so critical... Hypocrit much? Where was this philosophy when you were ripping Tommy Langdon with glee.

Provide evidence of my “ripping with glee” please?

Happy to give it due credence since it was announced to the player group during training rather than as a media announcement.

Much of a muchness to me. I don’t believe any of the propaganda coming out of the club these days so far be it from me to sit in judgment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I love Shaz, I hope the club don’t risk him as we are playing at Marvel. I’d bring in Goldsack for Howe if his ready if not I’d bring Daicos in and play either Mayne, checkers or Reid in the backline

Pretty bizarre statement without proof, IMO.

He took exception to me calling Langdon an “average player” back in the day......our “relationship” has gone South from there.

Looking forward to seeing “that glee” thing by way.

He took exception to me calling Langdon an “average player” back in the day......our “relationship” has gone South from there.

Anyone who criticises Langdon, does it with feverish enjoyment apparently.

I suppose I’m off the Christmas card list then! The amazing thing about opinions on players is that they can change.

I’m never going to fanboi over Clangers myself, but since he’s added his version of competitiveness he’s got me on side. If he were as strong a competitor as Greenwood he’d be our best player! That’s the talent I think he has...

Should we expect a little song and dance routine? Maybe something like the little shop of horrors dentist scenes given your activities today.

I suppose I’m off the Christmas card list then! The amazing thing about opinions on players is that they can change.

I’m never going to fanboi over Clangers myself, but since he’s added his version of competitiveness he’s got me on side. If he were as strong a competitor as Greenwood he’d be our best player! That’s the talent I think he has...
So true. I see players like Langdon, Maynard and even Aish as quiet achievers. May have some clangers but at the same time provide some very good intercepts, game moments, play their role but not always spectacular.

Every team needs players like that. Crisp I would put higher but he too doesn't always get the credit.

It seems that praise is more often reserved for mids, forwards and ruck.

So true. I see players like Langdon, Maynard and even Aish as quiet achievers. May have some clangers but at the same time provide some very good intercepts, game moments, play their role but not always spectacular.

Every team needs players like that. Crisp I would put higher but he too doesn't always get the credit.

It seems that praise is more often reserved for mids, forwards and ruck.

That's not always true Maggie. Gimpy reserves most of his praise for Gimpy... fn great re!

Yes I really miss the days when Langdon would lazily turn the ball over regularly becuase I really enjoyed complaining about it on BigFooty.

Now he’s just a consistent player that does the job.

Oh how I’d wish he’d turn back the clock.

That's not always true Maggie. Gimpy reserves most of his praise for Gimpy... fn great re!
But at least that’s totally understandable.

He’s a great one re.

He should get an OBE or some such for his services to fashion, style and most of all services to the word “re”

Liked all 3 from the very beginning re.. think I've only ever bagged em during a match. Stood fat by em re.

Am I a great or what re.
I can see you standing fat by then re.

As long as it’s not a Holland Dorotich standing by, she’ll be sweet re.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back