Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. North Melbourne (R15, Sat 29/06 7:25pm MRVL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in Melbourne this weekend. Checking out New Japan Pro Wrestling at Festival Hall on Saturday night, so won't make it to the AFL side's game. I was thinking of heading across to the VFL at Vic Park in the afternoon though, but the weather forecast looks a bit grim (certain rain). Is there cover at the remodeled Vic Park? I haven't been there before, and (as soft as it sounds) don't particularly feel like standing in the rain.

Plenty of cover for softies like you. :p

We'll obviously try to separate the Collingwood defence.

I assume the pies will go with Roughead & Moore for Brown & Larkey, so it makes the match ups on our other forwards interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buckley promotes Goldsack to play on Thomas.

We may look at playing Atley on Crisp in order to negate his rebound.

Of course, the Collingwood midfield will be the determining factor. I expect the pies to play a high level spread and keepings off game this week in order to deny us a contest.
Goldy is done and dusted imo. He won’t be playing.

Goldy is done and dusted imo. He won’t be playing.
Goldstein or Goldsack?
Or Goldust? (Somebody mentioned wrestling)

I'll be in Melbourne this weekend. Checking out New Japan Pro Wrestling at Festival Hall on Saturday night, so won't make it to the AFL side's game. I was thinking of heading across to the VFL at Vic Park in the afternoon though, but the weather forecast looks a bit grim (certain rain). Is there cover at the remodeled Vic Park? I haven't been there before, and (as soft as it sounds) don't particularly feel like standing in the rain.
Grand stands are there and plenty of cover.

Who is coming for New Japan Wrestling?

I actually went to the wrestling at festival hall as a very small kid.
Saw Andre the Giant, Bruiser Brody, Harley Race (saw him at Madison Square Garden as well), JJ Dillon (we snared one of his cigars he dropped) and many others.

Who is coming for New Japan Wrestling?

Pretty much all of the organisations stars, except for Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley (formerly known as Dean Ambrose, recently departed from WWE). A fair few Aussie and NZ guys on the show as well, which is cool to see.

They're bringing the full ring/stage setup, and filming the show for NJPW World (their online streaming service, which broadcasts all their shows) and Fite TV (major online streaming service for pro wrestling), and putting on championship matches and everything. It's a relatively big deal.

I went to their show in Adelaide last year, and I think they overestimated the market here, because they ran in the old Powerhouse (Adelaide 36ers home court, not sure what it's called these days, 8,000 seat venue), and it was barely 1/4 full. Got a free seat upgrade because of it (security moved people closer to the ring to fill empty seats five minutes before the show began), and enjoyed a great show.

No Adelaide show this year (I think they could have/should have just ran a smaller venue), so I decided to make a weekend of it and head interstate!

Pretty much all of the organisations stars, except for Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley (formerly known as Dean Ambrose, recently departed from WWE). A fair few Aussie and NZ guys on the show as well, which is cool to see.

They're bringing the full ring/stage setup, and filming the show for NJPW World (their online streaming service, which broadcasts all their shows) and Fite TV (major online streaming service for pro wrestling), and putting on championship matches and everything. It's a relatively big deal.

I went to their show in Adelaide last year, and I think they overestimated the market here, because they ran in the old Powerhouse (Adelaide 36ers home court, not sure what it's called these days, 8,000 seat venue), and it was barely 1/4 full. Got a free seat upgrade because of it (security moved people closer to the ring to fill empty seats five minutes before the show began), and enjoyed a great show.

No Adelaide show this year (I think they could have/should have just ran a smaller venue), so I decided to make a weekend of it and head interstate!
Outstanding.

Have always found Japanese wrestling works to a different kind of respect value.
It’s a different heat. That intense heat for strong working.

Enjoy the week end.

Should be a lot more of it IMO ...

... players knocking balls to the advantage of their team-mates. When it works it can be a very effective way of getting the ball out of a congested area and moving it to our advantage.

Like anything players do on a footy field (kick, handball) it’s a skill that can be executed well and advantages us, or it can be executed poorly and it advantages the opposition.

A player wildly kicks the ball without any thought about who it’s going to - and it results in a bad outcome. That doesn’t mean we should ban kicking. It just means they need to use that tool (kicking) in an effective way.

Ditto knocking ball to advantage.

Get where you're coming from and agree there can be benefits but I think Kirby and I were more talking about Varcoe's recent tendency to fumble a ground ball thereby knocking it on rather than a deliberate attempt to put a team mate in an advantaged situation. He used to have such clean hands below his knees.

Kangaroos will bring the heat and based on last month of form, they are performing better.

True, but the spike you get from a new coach typically only lasts a few weeks, so I'm glad we play them now and not a few weeks ago. Higgins out is a massive loss as well.

I really think we need to give Greenwood a tagging job on Cunnington this week. GWS showed last week that if you take Cunnington out, and Higgins is out, the rest falls away pretty quickly.

Bucks said Shaz wouldn't play this week.
I'm not sure he said he won't play.
The interview I heard, he said the media had run with Shaz getting back in.
He then said, it means I'll have to have a chat with him now.
Bucks may well be having a chat to say - you're in mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but the spike you get from a new coach typically only lasts a few weeks, so I'm glad we play them now and not a few weeks ago. Higgins out is a massive loss as well.

I really think we need to give Greenwood a tagging job on Cunnington this week. GWS showed last week that if you take Cunnington out, and Higgins is out, the rest falls away pretty quickly.
I'm not sure we should take Greenwood out of defence considering we're all at a loss about a decent replacement for Howe.

Should be a lot more of it IMO ...

... players knocking balls to the advantage of their team-mates. When it works it can be a very effective way of getting the ball out of a congested area and moving it to our advantage.

Like anything players do on a footy field (kick, handball) it’s a skill that can be executed well and advantages us, or it can be executed poorly and it advantages the opposition.

A player wildly kicks the ball without any thought about who it’s going to - and it results in a bad outcome. That doesn’t mean we should ban kicking. It just means they need to use that tool (kicking) in an effective way.

Ditto knocking ball to advantage.
But Varcoe almost never knocks it on to advantage. He seems to attempt to knock it on to pass on responsibility to someone else, yet stuffs it. Just like 1 out of 10 of the Treloar over the head hanpasses ever goes to one of our players.

Yes, knock/tap ons can be great if it is to advantage and both DeGoey and Cox are excellent at it. That’s because they do it instinctively to benefit the team, not to absolve themselves from responsibility.

I'm not sure he said he won't play.
The interview I heard, he said the media had run with Shaz getting back in.
He then said, it means I'll have to have a chat with him now.
Bucks may well be having a chat to say - you're in mate.
An interesting view; and it could be that.

I’ll suggest however it’s not going to be.
Nathan doesn’t usually muck around on such matters.
He’s pretty straight forward or doesn’t say anything.

The good news is, Matthew is not particularly far away.

During the game the temperature dropped to 6.5 degrees with a feel like temp of 4.5 degrees. It was cold everywhere but that place blocks out any sun warmth and the concrete gets cold. Need a ski jacket in there on a winter's day.
The Dees supporters don't need to go to the snow then. They can just got to Marvel!

Shaz for Howe.
It’s the right time, he dominated VFL last week, don’t think he needs to prove anything more as he’s the best like for like replacement. Won’t be any other changes

Personally on this issue it requires a bit of a 'tin foil' approach to take the position people conspired to lie about Shaz improving including the player and the coach.

As for not believing Walsh, not sure the two are even closely linked. One is an informed guess about some one returning and the other is a straight out lie about facts such as PB's that require Shaz and the Coach to be part of the 'convenient messge'

Fair enough you stick with the naivety and I’ll pop my hat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back