Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. North Melbourne (R15, Sat 29/06 7:25pm MRVL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reliable and tough.. has performed well this yr.. but it's time to drop Greenwood. Get Quaynor in there.

Quaynor can perform his defensive duties and give us run coming out of the backline.

Not interested in going through life driving a reliable vanilla Toyota re.. get something that's just as reliable with a bit of pazaz and razzamatazz and s**t like that mate.

Greenwood is too slow.When Shazz is declared ready to go in the ones it's just a swap,easy.
Thomas needs to lift,might do better in the magoos and give Daics a run.

Out : Howe & Thomas

In: Schaz (😍) & Daicos

Howe for Schaz is the ideal replacement. Plus we require Schaz’s kicking coming out of the backline. He will straighten up our kicking.

JT back in the Magoos. Let him run around in the midfield. Rack up 40 disposals. Get his confidence up.
Give Daicos the run he deserves.

My personal opinion, but I think we are trialing the 3 forwards to see how we go against the Eagles in 3 weeks.

The Eagles have been defeated by teams with 3 effective KPF. Eagles losses :

Lions - Hipwood, McStay, The Big O.

Port - Ryder, Marshall, Westhoff

Cats - Rataguello, Hawkins, Henry
(lesser extent)

Swans - Buddy, Reid, Blakley.

That’s just my thoughts.

Home game at Marvel against North S#%^house
Tough selection with Reid playing well and I don't like the 3 big forwards but I don't like the idea of not having Cox in the team and he draws so many players.

Out Howe inj
In Elliott if ready otherwise Daicos.

Move Reid or Mihocek down back

Home game at Marvel against North S#%^house
Tough selection with Reid playing well and I don't like the 3 big forwards but I don't like the idea of not having Cox in the team and he draws so many players.

Out Howe inj
In Elliott if ready otherwise Daicos.

Move Reid or Mihocek down back

Mihocek went down back late yesterday so that’s possible.

I am wondering whether Buckley shouldnt send a message to a player fairly soon.

He was clearly incensed at the defensive pressure and I suspect he was talking about it from either his forwards or mids. Not sure but maybe he will be wondering if the Cox / Reid / Mihocek structure allowed Dogs to get easier exit (they scored most goals from our defence).

I reckon thats the subject which will dominate selection.

I'd stick with the 3 talls for another week.

I also reckon we play alright at Marvel. At the end of the day we are 2-0 there. The Kangaroos play Marvel well and the MCG poorly, so it would have been good to have played them at the G.

The obvious choice for selection his week is Scharenberg in for Howe (if they believe Shaz is ready). Elliott was meant to be pretty close too, so it's interesting to see whether they pull the trigger on him. He would come in for Josh Thomas if it were up to me. Perhaps the harder surface at Marvel might cost him because we've already had 2 soft tissue injuries at this ground in Adams and Howe. So perhaps we'll hold off playing Elliott at Marvel coming off a hammy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was clearly incensed at the defensive pressure and I suspect he was talking about it from either his forwards or mids. Not sure but maybe he will be wondering if the Cox / Reid / Mihocek structure allowed Dogs to get easier exit (they scored most goals from our defence).

Snoop love your posts and I watched your avatar movie last night.

Great movie.

This.

Stability and backing your players to do the job is very important. Action is required when that faith doesn't produce an improvement in form or even worse results in apparent complacency.

Thomas/Varcoe out for Daicos/Billy would be the ones I'd consider.

Knowing who is available (ie not out injured or suspended) who are realistic players under the pump selection wise?

I’d think they’re Thomas, Varcoe.

For balance Reid / Mihocek...

Interesting times.

I like Varcoe in the team. Out of him and Thomas I would be dropping Thomas.

The Reid/Checkers debate I have no answer for. Both seem to have their moments but go quiet. Probably leaning towards Checkers as when he is quiet he seems less invisible than when Reid is quiet.

The good news is we really couldn’t have played any worse yesterday and we still had the win sewn up with about 10mins to go in the last... the bulldogs have the same amount of wins as north so they’re most likely a similar standard

We're **** at Marvel, it throws us out of whack having less space and harder track. Danger game playing Marvel minnow sides there.
I also reckon we play alright at Marvel. At the end of the day we are 2-0 there.
Interesting fact; we've won our last 7 games there!

Yeah, my bigger concern with Marvel is more injury. We've lost both Adams and Howe to soft tissue injuries in the 2 games we've played there. So I reckon that will come into consideration as to whether someone like Elliott is brought back this week.

I think the Port game showed that we can be a dominant team at Marvel.

I reckon the Dogs were a good preparation for the Roos this week. The Roos also play Marvel really well, but they don't have the same run off half back, or the depth in the midfield without Higgins. They have a much better ruckman and a bigger forward line that is more capable of kicking a score. Shutting down Cunnington in the key.

This is one week I'd like to use Greenwood as a tagger, or alternatively put a lot of focus onto Cunnington. Shutting him down is the key for me.

If we can dominate possession, then it will allow us to setup to prevent the ball movement of North Melbourne. The Doggies denied us the ball at times

Could we throw Reid back in the Jeremy Howe role and play Shaz in the Tom Langdon role?
I think the 3 talls was definitely a reason they were able to sling shot after a turnover in our forward line.
That gets us back closer to the structure that was working better for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back