Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Richmond (R19, Fri 26/07 7:50pm MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might seem outlandish outrageous to some but what about this re..

Play Cox in the ruck. Grundy at FF/CHF.

Grundy likes to follow up his ruck work like a rover. If we play Cox in the ruck.. it'll make our midfield more accountable. They'll have no choice but to get in there and get the pill as opposed to relying on Grundy to do it. Might play Cox into form.. getting his hands on the pill a lot more.. play our mids into form.. and Grundy could prove to be a lot more dangerous a player up front than big Cox.

Something worth considering.

Last edited:
This might seem outlandish outrageous to some but what about this re..

Play Cox in the ruck. Grundy at FF/CHF.

Grundy likes to follow up his ruck work like a rover. If we play Cox in the ruck.. it'll make our midfield more accountable. They'll have no choice but to get in there and get the pill as opposed to relying on Grundy to do it. Might play Cox into form.. getting his hand on the pill a lot more.. play our mids into form.. and Grundy could prove to be a lot more dangerous a player up front than big Cox.

Something worth considering.

Don’t mind that. Grundy can clunk it too. Plus for some reason the further Cox is from our goals, the more likely he is to take a mark....

Don’t mind that. Grundy can clunk it too. Plus for some reason the further Cox is from our goals, the more likely he is to take a mark....

Grundy's follow up work is awesome.. perhaps our mids take him for granted somewhat and expect him to get in there.. would be interesting to see how they react to a tap ruckman..

And yep.. I reckon Grundy could create a few problems up front.

Grundy's follow up work is awesome.. perhaps our mids take him for granted somewhat and expect him to get in there.. would be interesting to see how they react to a tap ruckman..

And yep.. I reckon Grundy could create a few problems up front.

Reckon we could play Grundy as a Ruck Roger?? 😂😂 Cox in the ruck.Grundy at his feet. No one person is tackling Grundy to the ground 😂

203cm RuckRover. Delicious.

Interested as to whether or not people think we can genuinely still win it.

For me it will require Darcy Moore getting back and firing.

I also think we are carrying injured players in games pendles , Cox , Thomas

Stephenson will need to have a huge finals series.

How likely is this of happening ?

Is Wells any chance ????

Is Wells any chance ????

Honestly, I don’t think we’ll win it. We are looking like straight sets candidates. We might only play one.

We can’t expect everyone to automatically gel in the first final.

Was hoping we could build from the eagles game, but there’s just too many injuries. We are missing too many players.

Beams,Wells,Moore,Stephenson,Elliot,
Langdon. They would slot into most teams best 22. Plenty of others who would make our team better but are injured.

A lot of players out of form, and a few playing with injuries.

I think we might scrap into the top 4, but wouldn’t be surprised if we finished 6th.

FWIW, I think it’s a WCE v Richmond grand final. You just have to back teams who are getting their shizzzz together towards the end of the year.

This is probably going to annoy some people but i reckon Appleby is a good chance to retain his spot now that Aish is out. At least he will get the chance to play on someone more suitable.

I reckon he is a great match up for Rioli.

Is Wells any chance ????

My view is changing every single week. If we didn't have GCS in two weeks you'd be forgiven for wondering if our 11 wins is enough to even make finals!

Stephenson is more than capable of a "big" finals series but we shouldn't fall into the trap of overrating a missing player. Yes he's capable of 20 touches and 3 goals but even Sean Rusling was being spoken about like a Coleman medallist by the time he eventually got delisted.

Not only that but we desperately need the second chance, especially if we are going to have players like Stephenson coming back for their first game. Same with Treloar and co last year. You can just imagine Stephenson coming back rusty for one game and we lose, season over.

As for Wells, he is pushing himself but whether he'll return is anyone's guess.

This is probably going to annoy some people but i reckon Appleby is a good chance to retain his spot now that Aish is out. At least he will get the chance to play on someone more suitable.

I reckon he is a great match up for Rioli.

I think he'll stay in for sure. If not Rioli, there's always Castagna and probably a couple of others.

My view is changing every single week. If we didn't have GCS in two weeks you'd be forgiven for wondering if our 11 wins is enough to even make finals!

Stephenson is more than capable of a "big" finals series but we shouldn't fall into the trap of overrating a missing player. Yes he's capable of 20 touches and 3 goals but even Sean Rusling was being spoken about like a Coleman medallist by the time he eventually got delisted.

Not only that but we desperately need the second chance, especially if we are going to have players like Stephenson coming back for their first game. Same with Treloar and co last year. You can just imagine Stephenson coming back rusty for one game and we lose, season over.

As for Wells, he is pushing himself but whether he'll return is anyone's guess.

I think we find it tough to hold onto top 4 and think we can’t win it unless we do finish top 4

I desperately want Richmond to miss top 4 I think they win it if they manage that top 4 finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rupert should come in, and this time play as midfielder not fwd. He's always too of tackle list.

I think we find it tough to hold onto top 4 and think we can’t win it unless we do finish top 4

I desperately want Richmond to miss top 4 I think they win it if they manage that top 4 finish.

Probably goes without saying but I think our game against Richmond is absolutely massive in deciding the top 4.

Probably goes without saying but I think our game against Richmond is absolutely massive in deciding the top 4.

Yeah if they talk 8 point games this is a 12.

Win we go along way to locking up top 4 and holding them out of it

I wouldn't say we are unhealthy. We had similar injuries last year yet manged to make a GF. So on that part, King is full of s**t. However, I agree with the part about our midfield being our catalyst. If it doesn't function we get slaughtered. Fix the midfield issues and we are rosey. For mine, much of the issue is about commitment to a contest and being a bit harder. We were soft in that first quarter last week. Had we turned up, I'm sure we would have won.

Despite last years injury issues, we managed to field a relatively stable side when we got on our role. This years a bit different in that we're seeing changes to the side every week and to each of the defensive, midfield and forward groups. I can't see our form stabilizing and heading in the right direction until we start to see a more settled line-up.

Gee Tigers fans are pleased with themselves on talkback this morning. Would love to wipe the smiles off their faces again this Friday. Come on Pies.

I will be totally surprised if we even get near Richmond, our form over the last 6 weeks is bottom 6.
Our whole structure since Stephenson went out is a shambles. This and the ever consistent injury list means we might as well start preparing for 2020.

I can't remember the last time Broomhead made any impact on the ground. I would bring in Elliott, Goldsack and contemplate Tyler Brown.

March 31 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back