Prediction Changes: Round 9 Vs Collingwood + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Colyer hasn't played well, when was this scratch match he played well in?
Colyer and Schulz being selected shows just how sh*t we are
Last week in the scratch match he was one of the better players. You can see in the highlights he was delivering the ball inside 50 well to McCarthy, Henry etc.

Happy with those changes apart from aish. We are dead set cursed
But I could’ve played a better role last game than acres, glad they aren’t tolerating that s**t

Aish concussion must be serious enough to just be left out like that. I’ve seen him wearing a protective helmet like Angus Brayshaw and Caleb Daniel in the past when he was at the pies so he obviously has concussion history.

Bad for acres with north, valente and meek on the emergency ahead of him. What is happening with McCarthy? He looked lively in the scratch match highlights. Not on the injury list and hasn’t been even an emergency since the epilepsy.

Bad for acres with north, valente and meek on the emergency ahead of him. What is happening with McCarthy? He looked lively in the scratch match highlights. Not on the injury list and hasn’t been even an emergency since the epilepsy.
They're probably easing him back in as slowly as they can, epilepsy can take ages before you're able to perform at peak level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd agree with Colyer but Blakely and Crowden have earnt their spot in the team by playing well in the scratch matches (Colyer played well too)
Whilst that's probably true (given the highlights video on freo website) realistically and harshly, they're 3 proven spuds. Injuries are forcing us to play these guys.

At least our future (hopefully without Webb) looks better, with Sturt and Henry. Switta shows a bit too.

Happy Banfield and to a lesser extent Acres were omitted, even with laughable injuries have to perform or give someone else a chance. Also really glad Watson held his spot, Cox coming in should give some sort of size to our backline.

There was no way they (the leadership group and the match committee) could condone Acres squibbing by giving him a game. Banfield has been average but that piss-weak tackle attempt stamped his card for this week, again that s**t can’t be tolerated if we’re a serious football club.

Whilst that's probably true (given the highlights video on freo website) realistically and harshly, they're 3 proven spuds. Injuries are forcing us to play these guys.

At least our future (hopefully without Webb) looks better, with Sturt and Henry. Switta shows a bit too.
Yeah it sucks but you'd hope that these golden opportunities light a fire under them (particularly Blakely) to go out there and ******* smash it tomorrow night

Might be just me, but I don't see anything wrong with being as cautious as humanly possible with Cam - I think managing a player through epilepsy is nigh on unprecedented?

Yep, I think Taylor is right regarding the management of his condition, particularly the use of meds. For all we know one of the meds could contain a banned substance.

Might be just me, but I don't see anything wrong with being as cautious as humanly possible with Cam - I think managing a player through epilepsy is nigh on unprecedented?

I don’t have a problem with the treatment of cam but would be good for the club to have an update, or put him on the injury list if he is unavailable for afl selection.

There was no way they (the leadership group and the match committee) could condone Acres squibbing by giving him a game. Banfield has been average but that piss-weak tackle attempt stamped his card for this week, again that sh*t can’t be tolerated if we’re a serious football club.

Absolutely, I thought Acres might have been given another chance as he has shown something in the two games before that but like I said happy to see both omitted and someone else given a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back