Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see the back of Matera really
they must think Darcy is going to fix most of the midfield woes. I hope they're right

0 - 5 comin up.
With spots for Shultz and Colyer we are the worst 22 in the league
I'm not convinced. If the mids can win it - and maybe it will all come down to having a better ruck there (no pressure Darcy), then the whole picture changes. If you're playing an attacking game plan, which we are trying to do, you need first hands on it. We haven't had that, which is why we (and especially those two attacking players, aside from Shultz's horrible turnovers last game) have looked so bad. Fix the middle, get first hands, everything clicks into place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0 - 5 comin up.
With spots for Shultz and Colyer we are the worst 22 in the league

Have you seen Adelaide? Or Sydney who don't even have a ruckman to put on the park?

Reckon this is a bit of an over-reaction.

Yes the Adelaide midfield are very one-paced but I worry they will dominate us around the ball on Sunday. The Crouch brothers + Sloane v Tucker, Brayshaw and Cerra. Massive test for our young guys. In saying that, arguably two of Cerra's best games have come against Adelaide (25 disposals last year and 30 disposals in 2018).

Wow Schultz/Colyer keep their spots. Surely Blakely or Valente would be a better option? If it's about having players in their preferred position then stick Walters forward and let Serong play off a flank with spurts in the middle.

Will be even more disappointed if the lack of midfield additions doesn't translate to Cerra and Brayshaw spending major time in the guts. Surely inside mid is the only long-term role they can fill for us, but they still don't seem to be getting much of a go in there despite all the noise in pre-season

Also have to assume AB and Cerra are going to get meaty midfield minutes this week.

I'm expecting we see that and also Hill and Conca spending some minutes in there

I'm shocked to see Blakley still can't get a game. Damn, if he can't get in this week he should start considering his post footy options.

I have to say, people calling this a bad call need to go look at their own comments regarding him in pre season. This has been going on a while now and there are a lot of people calling this a mistake based on zero relevant/recent info. He has clearly fallen a long way since that hamstring injury. Delusions of grandeur.

If you can't get a game in this team Connor, then I guess we've almost seen the last of you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back