Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to have Sturt and Darcy back.

But man that's odd. Get smashed in the middle last two games, best mid goes out and no other mids come in. I don't mind it as much if Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong are in the centre a lot more.

On his very best day I'd take Blakely over Colyer but Connor hasn't done anything to prove he deserves a spot. Colyer has pace and applies pressure which Blakely does neither of. Sure Colyer is a ball burner but Blakely is just as bad. Until Blakely earns his spot Colyer stays.

Which of the following events are most likely to occur first:
1.Blakely is selected to play for Fremantle.
2. Brayshaw or Cerra play a really good game for Fremantle.
3. Brayshaw or Cerra get dropped from the Fremantle team.

As in previous team selections, still think there's an oversupply of smallish forwards. You've got Sturt replacing Matera which is fair enough...and Walters will spend a lot of time midfield (where I think he should be 60/40 forward/mid)...but with 3 talls named, what role do you give Shultz, Colyer, Serong - and with Bewley playing more of a forward role last week - there's just too many players (Serong only in his 2nd game) who have to either rotate off the bench into a forward role and be expected to play secondary midfield roles when they haven't shown much in those positions.
Going by last week Serong isn't playing a small forward who will give a chop out in the middle. He is playing as a bona-fide midfielder

Good to see sturt getting as many games as possible. Him, Second and young are great young players to have in the team.

But i still think we will lose. Probably by 10 goals. For 100. Fk it a 10000

On his very best day I'd take Blakely over Colyer but Connor hasn't done anything to prove he deserves a spot. Colyer has pace and applies pressure which Blakely does neither of. Sure Colyer is a ball burner but Blakely is just as bad. Until Blakely earns his spot Colyer stays.

They aren't competing for the same position so not sure why you are comparing the two. It's not like Colyer can win a contested ball which is what Blakely would be selected for. People are saying Blakley should be inside mid and that pushes Walters more forward and thus Colyer/Schultz out.

I'm starting to think Longmuir isn't the Messiah we all made him out to be ...
Give him more than a handful of games in a compromised season playing on the other side of the country for a record amount of consecutive away games would ya?

But man that's odd. Get smashed in the middle last two games, best mid goes out and no other mids come in. I don't mind it as much if Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong are in the centre a lot more.
Keep in mind, in the previous game, Brayshaw attended zero centre bounces and Cerra just one if my memory is serving me correctly. So they're shuffling existing mids in, rather than bringing in another.

Which of the following events are most likely to occur first:
1.Blakely is selected to play for Fremantle.
2. Brayshaw or Cerra play a really good game for Fremantle.
3. Brayshaw or Cerra get dropped from the Fremantle team.
Given 2 has already happened several times, I'd say 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They aren't competing for the same position so not sure why you are comparing the two. It's not like Colyer can win a contested ball which is what Blakely would be selected for. People are saying Blakley should be inside mid and that pushes Walters more forward and thus Colyer/Schultz out.
Yeah my bad mate. Was basing it off the calls for Colyer out for Blakely.

When was this game Colyer applied pressure ? I must have blinked and missed it

Keep in mind, in the previous game, Brayshaw attended zero centre bounces and Cerra just one if my memory is serving me correctly. So they're shuffling existing mids in, rather than bringing in another.

Cue no CBAs for either.

Yes, that is why I said that though.

I'm happy we've at least kept some semblance of a pressure game in the team , they ain't the greatest but Colyer is fast and fit and Shultz is 110% at it

We will win by 18 - 28 pts
Yeah it’s gr8 that they try hard, but they are fumblers
Not many premiership teams can carry fumblers
Basically they aren’t AFL standard, and we got reamed by Essendon picking Colyer up for 3 long years

Basically they aren’t AFL standard, and we got reamed by Essendon picking Colyer up for 3 long years

That's it

Fumblers

Colyer is utter s**t

Throw him in the bin

If Blakely isnt going to get a game play Valente, Fredericks or anyone of the youngsters.
Colyer and Schulz are a waste of time , stupid stupid coaching panel.
What did Alcock say when Lyon was sacked, something like Fremantle need to play finals.
When are these finals going to happen Alcock and don't give us the excuse of a compromised
season. Its lost at the selection table.

If Blakely isnt going to get a game play Valente, Fredericks or anyone of the youngsters.
Colyer and Schulz are a waste of time , stupid stupid coaching panel.
What did Alcock say when Lyon was sacked, something like Fremantle need to play finals.
When are these finals going to happen Alcock and don't give us the excuse of a compromised
season. Its lost at the selection table.
Juggernaut

First real big selection call of Jlo's, the fact that even at 0-4 against another 0-4 team he's ignoring Blakely and sticking with the young guys in the midfield when it was expected he would be desperate for a win, while also dropping an experienced guy in Matera for Sturt is significant. Meanwhile Adelaide bring in Matt Crouch and the 28 year old Hartigan for a 22 and 19 year old, clearly they're itching a bit more for that first win.

Is it a case of hubris or another example of him being "ice cool"? find out this Sunday!

We didn’t get reamed by Essendon - we paid a future 4th for him. We f**ked ourselves up nicely by giving 3 years to a fringe player from an average team. If he was fringe at Richmond or Collingwood it would be a different story. But 3 years to an Essendon fringe player who wants to come home? There’s the reaming.

Whilst I get the sentiment, I disagree. Matera has been crap. And, Schultz is so lucky to still be in. Our mids have not done well. I think it is fair to say that Lobb has had a crucial role to play in relation to their performance. Darcy had to come in. I just hope both 'ins' can last one full game without an injury... If we can even the hit-outs, then we can scrutinise the mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back