Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As an outsider it seems a tad odd but maybe Blakely is really just an average/ok footballer talent wise and more importantly has a poor work ethic as well or something.

According to not 1 but now but 2 senior coaches.

It's strange that he was talked up so much during the week, I believe the wording was "just needs to get through Thursday session". So I guess he is injured or there is some serious mixed messaging going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colyer or Schultz out, Walters forward and Blakely to the middle!!

I just can't see why this hasn't happened! Flabbergasted!

I'm so anti-walters-midfield now! Not based on any stats, just the eye.

No stats wanted. Thanks anyway though.

As in previous team selections, still think there's an oversupply of smallish forwards. You've got Sturt replacing Matera which is fair enough...and Walters will spend a lot of time midfield (where I think he should be 60/40 forward/mid)...but with 3 talls named, what role do you give Shultz, Colyer, Serong - and with Bewley playing more of a forward role last week - there's just too many players (Serong only in his 2nd game) who have to either rotate off the bench into a forward role and be expected to play secondary midfield roles when they haven't shown much in those positions.

Blakely is contracted until the end of 2022 as well. I hope he can return to favour or fitness or whatever it is and play some good senior footy because that is a long time to have someone on your list who isn't in the MC's thoughts.

He played pre season matches in the middle and burnt the ball so badly that he was dropped for round 1.
If that's the case, why is everyone calling for his inclusion lol. Guess we've all forgotten pre-season already.

Moving on then. Bye bye Blakely!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back