Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 25 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin is twice the player Danger is, I'm afraid. And the rest of Richmond wouldn't go to water with those two out. Perhaps more importantly players like Stanley and Dalhaus would be nowhere near the AFL side at Richmond.

I agree re: Stanley and Dahlhaus, but can't agree with you that Martin is *twice* the player Dangerfield is - especially not structurally.

I agree that the outs aren't the be all and end all, but they're not 'nothing' either

Agreed. WC might be a challenge, but they seemed to run out of gas yesterday as well. If we don't beat North I will be very surprised, though.

We will have some significant ins by the time we play WCE and they’ll be missing Shuey, Yeo and Hurn. It’s a non-negotiable that we win that one.

I think the age profile of our list has something to do with it. Naturally harder to recover, stay fit, and avoid injury as you get older. Less younger players to select from too.

Then throw in some unexpected injuries to key players.

Yep and realistically Higgins and Smith probably should be only playing 15odd games anyway in the regular season. I actually don't think Higgins has ever played 22 games his whole career.

Selwood, Hawk, Henderson, Stanley

all over 30 in key positions on the ground your not going to get 20 games from them. They will need to be managed through somehow.

Some guys will need to step up and Jeremy Cameron is pretty much the best forward in the league so touch wood he stays fit big hawk can have a rest Sav can play some games.

Reading this board is nuts.

You're baking the backline.
Before we had a bake for the forwardline
The mids got smashed
We have pathetic rucks.
We need a new coach.

4 games ago we were 20+ points up in a GF.
The rest of the comp must be pissweak if all facets of the team and coaching staff are under this scrutiny yet we got that far.

This board only serving to vindicate McGuire IMO.

I made an observation about Scarlo's potential as a senior coach based on my perspective of the backline's fluency and performance under his mentorship.

Nothing too extreme there I would've thought.

The club was well aware we would start the season underdone. They had no reason to make excuses. It is what it is.

Of note, it is a particular challenge for the older players.
5 year or more players getting back from Jan 6 is pretty much anyone older Parfitt. That's a huge chunk

Martin is twice the player Danger is, I'm afraid. And the rest of Richmond wouldn't go to water with those two out. Perhaps more importantly players like Stanley and Dalhaus would be nowhere near the AFL side at Richmond.
Fun fact, Richmond lost by almost twice as much as we did against one of two other 4-0 sides in the comp, with Lynch and Martin both playing...

I made an observation about Scarlo's potential as a senior coach based on my perspective of the backline's fluency and performance under his mentorship.

Nothing too extreme there I would've thought.
They've done well under Scarlett no doubt but every other coach has made slowing the oppo entries down their number 1 priority. I don't think they'd look anywhere near as good if we instead run and gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are saying the same thing. Our 22 isn't depleted so much as our list just isn't that good.
Both. Our list is seriously not top 10, and we are depleted. Cats supporters very much overrate our list.
Higgins seems like another Jack Stephen as far as getting quality games out of him- in short, we went for the wrong Higgins, and I get why we went for Shaun.
Cameron is yet to play, so a bit unfair, but, the Hawkins Cameron combo is going to take a long time to develop.
We need help for Stanley.
We need some high quality top draft picks.
The only way is to do what we are seemingly doing this year, and that is bottoming out.
I can appreciate going for that flag last year, and we were in contention, but it's pretty clear we are off the pace this year, and the longer games and quarters and season will not help us.
We may be good enough to make the 8 this year, but that would be about it.

Both. Our list is seriously not top 10, and we are depleted. Cats supporters very much overrate our list.
Higgins seems like another Jack Stephen as far as getting quality games out of him- in short, we went for the wrong Higgins, and I get why we went for Shaun.
Cameron is yet to play, so a bit unfair, but, the Hawkins Cameron combo is going to take a long time to develop.
We need help for Stanley.
We need some high quality top draft picks.
The only way is to do what we are seemingly doing this year, and that is bottoming out.
I can appreciate going for that flag last year, and we were in contention, but it's pretty clear we are off the pace this year, and the longer games and quarters and season will not help us.
We may be good enough to make the 8 this year, but that would be about it.
The only thing bottoming out guarantees in modern drafting and trading is that you become a bad team.

If you finish bottom and select Schache at pick 1 the rest of your draft hand is worse than the premiers.

I wouldn't judge or performance until maybe round 8

Literally the 1 player who would have made us worse. The biggest issue for us the whole game was being massively outspread. Imagine if we'd play he statue as well hahahah
Yeah agreed. If Constable was out there doing the defensive running you could double the margin almost

You say that like we have an established forward line and not just Hawkins plus misc. Cameron would obviously help but we did without him last year.

Almost like we need 28 year old (dual all Australian ) & Coleman medal winner with 400 odd goals might help a bit 😂.

And your throwing danger around that with Rohan and Higgins to come back in plenty of firepower.

The forward line is fine but they need to be on the park. You can't critique what's not on the park or judge it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back