Mod. Notice Highly respected Collingwood poster Didaka passes away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sorry but i only saw this thread now. RIP Didaka. We all know how much seeing a Pies flag would've meant to you mate.

I didn't know the man but that is just terrible news. I can't imagine what it'd be like to have to fight Cancer and to die at such a young age is just a huge waste of life.

R.I.P. mate! :thumbsu:

I first caught his his thread a little while ago, last year I think, and saw how much of an incredibly strong character this lad was. When i saw this announcement I couldn't believe it, his own bullish confidence and I think we all thought he was going to get the job done.

Not for lack of fight.

I have no idea what comes next or anything at all but hopfully for someone like Didaka taken too young there is a place he can tell the likes of Coventry brothers and Jock McHale that their Collingwood is still going strong.

RIP Didaka, sad, sad news. Condolences to his family. :footy:

I tell ya, I've been through so much s**t over the last couple of years with illness, addiction due to my illness etc.

At time I wondered if I'd ever see the football club I love so much win a premiership. There were times when I thought I'd probably kick the bucket before it happened, and at times my prognosis hasn't been very positive.

Now I can just enjoy it. It's the best feeling I've ever felt, and I actually feel like my luck is turning.

I wonder if those boys who run out in the black and white know just how much they mean to some of us and just how much their performance can impact a persons life.

I feel invincible.

He is so right. I was in tears reading his posts on that thread. Such a positive young man.

Rest in Peace.

A small consolation, but I'm glad he saw his Pies lift the cup before heading to the skies! :thumbsu:

You are now watching Millanes team in the clouds!

Sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tragic news and my thoughts go out to all Didaka's family, friends and Pies mates.

Big Footy will be the poorer for his passing but his legacy of determination and courage will continue to inspire us all. RIP mate.

That is sad news. I thought he beat it few years ago.
Hate hearing someone so young dying from such a a dreadful disease.
I have seen some friends and relatives die of cancer and there is nothing worse.
RIP Didaka !

Wow. Terrible news. Cancer is such a crap f****n disease. Wish they'd find a cure for it because it's just crap.

RIP Didaka!

RIP.

Always valued his surprisingly impartial posts on the Carlton board.

Assumed that he was over the worst of it due to the tone and frequency of his posts.

“Cancer is so limited. It cannot cripple love, it cannot shatter hope, it cannot corrode faith, it cannot destroy peace, it cannot kill friendship, it cannot suppress memories, it cannot invade the soul, it cannot steal eternal life, it cannot conquer the spirit”. S.J. Timothy Brown, Psalms and Consolations: a Jesuit's Journey through Grief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back