Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

True but i still think it gets done (assuming Freo are willing to entertain letting him go).

We will lose Mitchell to Collingwood most likely, Gunston to Brisbane most likely (will get very very little for this one)

That plus our current draft hand gives us enough options i think to facilitate a trade in some way.
Bell has said that Meek can look at other clubs, but a trade must be useful to Fremantle.

Dockers have a great young list with depth but there is a few holes up forward.

Our small forwards are ok but not elite. We need a goal kicking forward who we can plug in straight away, plus a key forward and trade assets for Jackson.

That's not the Hawks problem, but you need to trade something that assists Fremantle.

Third round picks are pretty useless to us.

Brockman?
That would suck for us though as I can see him having a big year 3 after a good year 1 but injury ruined year 2.

Brockman for Meek is probably a fair trade on paper but would either supporter groups be happy with it?

Being clearly better than WAFL players will not sky rocket his value.

Also again you think list managers are not watching WAFL games? They know what he can do already whether he gets an award at state level will do nothing for this value.
Mate, a ruckman winning the WAFL equivalent of a brownlow would be a massive ******* deal

You're kidding yourself if you think not

Mate, a ruckman winning the WAFL equivalent of a brownlow would be a massive ******* deal

You're kidding yourself if you think not
I really rate Meek, I’d rather the Dogs looked at him instead of Lobb, but I think you’re seriously overstating the value of a state league award in regards to an afl trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hawks posters are thoroughly failing to understand is that Meek is a bloody good AFL ruckman - not a depth pick up. At Freo, he did not get a game because Freo preferred the Rory Lobb ruck/forward as the second option rather than a ruck. (This was a mistake in my opinion but we digress).
In any other team apart from Melbourne he would be best 22. He's tipped to win the Sandover medal ffs.
Meek isn’t a bloody good AFL ruckman in my opinion, does this mean I don’t understand?

I follow Peel so I’ve seen a lot of him at both levels. I’d currently put him in two categories…

• An excellent WAFL ruckman with the potential to become a very good AFL ruckman.
  • One of those players who’s far too good for the WAFL, but not good enough for AFL.

Just my view, and I’m sure I mustn’t understand though.

You're severely underestimating how hard it is for a ruck to win a medal like that
But he didn't

Also it still gets back to the point that it is a 2nd's competition. Most quality AFL players are playing AFL footy each week, winning it is not proof that he is an AFL number 1 ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back