Review Post match v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourite non pie players.

Love the way he goes about his footy even the rough stuff.

Also loved our boys reactions to him was good to see them stick it up him.
Mine too, gives it out, cops it and then moves on.

Have to disagree. He is a thug, who has deliberately tried to hit opposition good players out of teh game. Ask North Melbourne.

Never liked Hodge until he did special comments games. We've had to deal with the likes of Dwayne Russell it's a shock when you get someone barracking for us. Was he a Collingwood supporter growing up? Will like him in the media, I think, never liked him as a player though.

Have to disagree. He is a thug, who has deliberately tried to hit opposition good players out of teh game. Ask North Melbourne.
Never liked Hodge until he did special comments games. We've had to deal with the likes of Dwayne Russell it's a shock when you get someone barracking for us. Was he a Collingwood supporter growing up? Will like him in the media, I think, never liked him as a player though.

Each to their own I guess. Certainly has dominated the pies over his career on many a occasion, 100% can play the game.

I tend to like players who play on edge and sometimes step over it when needed (not indiscriminately).

Liked it in Grundys game, liked in T.Adams game, like in Maynard's game it just needs to be done correctly and not stupidly which young players like Maynard can tend to do (Also Grundy was doing it a bit too much at the beginning) have to find a balance of aggression at man and ball.

Lions used to cop suspensions to C.Johnson, J.Brown and the Scotts to intimidate opponents at times through the HnA rounds, then come finals would all temper it to not do anything stupid except attack the contest ferociously and doing so had opposition players walking on egg shells.

Adams squibbed it?
Pfft, more like he hoped to get a free at a crucial stage after sucking him in.
You can admire Hodge as much as you like, brother, but he's not that tough.
The correct term for falling on the ground and trying to milk a free is "Cyrilled".
I think Adams definitely "Cyrilled" it

Agree Loki. Hodge is one of my favorite non Pie Players as was Dermie. Both dished it out and not one to squeal when it comes back the other way. I hated David Rhys Jones but admired how he wouldn't squeal when the shoe was on the other foot. Greg Williams on the other hand squealed like the pig that he was.

Nothing wrong with a bit of physicality mate, no one else apart from hodge could be bothered this year with any physical stuff. Were as far away from unsociable as you can get right now. With due respect pendlebury isnt immune to anyone having a crack at him whether he is a rookie or a seasoned pro.

Well Hodge as he no longer has his Thug Brothers in Lewis and Mitchell in the Same Side

Still respect a player who lives by the sword, dies by the sword. Yes, he's doled out liberal amounts but has also coped a lot. Still bravely puts his body on the line game after game. If he was a pies player there'd be pretty much universal love for him.

Hodge = Flog.

Did not like someone standing up to his Crap

Champion, ripping bloke, club could learn alot from how he has gone about his footy the last decade.

People who don't like Hodge as a player just don't know footy, player he is a champion and as a leader the players would do anything for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own I guess. Certainly has dominated the pies over his career on many a occasion, 100% can play the game.

I tend to like players who play on edge and sometimes step over it when needed (not indiscriminately).

Liked it in Grundys game, liked in T.Adams game, like in Maynard's game it just needs to be done correctly and not stupidly which young players like Maynard can tend to do (Also Grundy was doing it a bit too much at the beginning) have to find a balance of aggression at man and ball.

Lions used to cop suspensions to C.Johnson, J.Brown and the Scotts to intimidate opponents at times through the HnA rounds, then come finals would all temper it to not do anything stupid except attack the contest ferociously and doing so had opposition players walking on egg shells.

Love it...love the "edge" players as well. Footy and good footy teams need a mix of all sorts...but the aggressive "edge" players are where it should start. Thanks Loki04 for reminding me of that!

People who don't like Hodge as a player just don't know footy, player he is a champion and as a leader the players would do anything for him.
Yeah I'm sorry, but I disagree. You can not like a player because you reckon he is a flog, but still respect him as a good player.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm sorry, but I disagree. You can not like a player because you reckon he is a flog, but still respect him as a good player.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wayne Carey is the best player I have witnessed in my lifetime...........good bloke though?

Nothing wrong with a bit of physicality mate, no one else apart from hodge could be bothered this year with any physical stuff. Were as far away from unsociable as you can get right now. With due respect pendlebury isnt immune to anyone having a crack at him whether he is a rookie or a seasoned pro.
There's a difference between playing with physicality and running around looking for fights. I swear, every single time I saw him that kiwi twat was trying to start a fight...

Just finished the replay. Couple of things:

- Aish was damn brave in that head clash. Phew nasty, but hope he is okay.

- some of the marking from Moore and Howe was splendid. Far out the dukes!

- Blair did show some form and didn't make too many forced errors, even though I am a fan of the midget

- some of the dash through the middle and upping the pace of the pace of the game was fantastic

- A couple of frees to Collingwood were stiff on hawthorn. There was a fifty that hawks should have had when fasolo kicked it over the bloke's head

- josh smith. Wow. He has some jets.

- treloar and Adams are definitely finds, and Pendlebury showed his true colours. What a champ.

- wells not looking the right way and then the pies getting a goal somehow? No wonder bucks was out of his chair!

- some of eddie's and bucks passion was hilarious and heart warming. Phew definitely a resounding result.

- I'm not completely sure the hawks had a forward line as much as Collingwood do. They have smalls like puopolo and Cyril when he was in. Gunston could be considered a spearhead of sorts.

- no goals out the back like every other time against hawthorn. Thank flipping Christ.

Bit late, but well done fellas!!

I have not been one of Aish's fans, but credit where it is due. I watched the collision on replay a few times and am convinced he saw it coming and shifted his body for impact. Very brave. He couldn't quite get his head out of the way, but probably couldn't have competed effectively if he had. I hope he comes back and builds on this statement. It could be a major turning point for him as it should elavate him in the eyes of team mates and coaches.

That faux tough guy Heatherley made me laugh. An even bigger tool than Sicely!

I liked Swanny's tweet. Words to the effect that he needs to get a few kicks before he throws a few punches. The only time I noticed him was when he was doing the ouch and shove. Does he think that gets a stat as a "pressure act"? Tool.

I have not been one of Aish's fans, but credit where it is due. I watched the collision on replay a few times and am convinced he saw it coming and shifted his body for impact. Very brave. He couldn't quite get his head out of the way, but probably couldn't have competed effectively if he had. I hope he comes back and builds on this statement. It could be a major turning point for him as it should elavate him in the eyes of team mates and coaches.

Well if he did shift for the impact, it would be like getting hit by a car at that speed. Poor bloke will be on the straw diet for a couple of weeks. I can't help but sense this week was a shift in the ether of the collingwoodverse. Just needed to show ourselves we could come back from something like that. But then back in 2015, we did the same thing against a stronger North Melbourne side, and *sigh* it eventuated to nothing. One game at a time I suppose :rolleyes:

I liked Swanny's tweet. Words to the effect that he needs to get a few kicks before he throws a few punches. The only time I noticed him was when he was doing the ouch and shove. Does he think that gets a stat as a "pressure act"? Tool.

Brilliant avatar mate. I had a bit of a giggle at how clever it actually is. How was Swanny's tweet when the Pies had kicked a few, and just nonchalantly saying "we have a sniff". He flipping knew. God I miss the bloke. Bucks was my idol when he retired prematurely due to injury. Swanny copped the same fate. Seems some of our best players always retire before their time. He is sporting the blonde tips these days too. He loves taking the piss out of organised society, and so he bloody should!

If you had been on the match day thread and not watching the game, you would have believed that Puopolo's goal was over the back. Good fun that match day thread.

Listen Louie (Jungle Book reference to your avatar) I was probably busy when Poppy dobbed one. I cannot be witness to everything. That is Lou's (not the same Lou, which is now confusing) job now ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back