Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Preuss didn't play against Sandi beggars belief. Watching Goldy get rag-dolled at throw ins was embarrassing. He comes in as will Higgins.

Gotta agree with this. Double teaming Sandilands and then providing a target up forward, which both have done well, mystified me. Positive Pruess would have relished the challenge and rested this week.

Out Spitta and LT

In Higgins, Anderson/Clarke (it's a coin toss on those two).

Back 6 was solid - I'm happy to keep loogie and Thompson in.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

One of Waite, Daw, McKay and Larkey simply has to play, our forward structure is a mess with only 1 genuine tall and neither Preuss nor Goldy can play as a lead up forward or provide pressure. If Waite is fit he comes straight back in, but he isn't and regardless Daw NEEDS to be given a run at it. I just don't understand why he isn't getting a game? His last 4 or 5 games at AFL level have been solid to very good, and he is a massive part of our future. I know he didn't tear it up in the VFL but its hard to do that playing forward in a team who is getting flogged and using the ball appallingly ie our Bs over the last couple of weeks. We just need to play him, and I have a lot of faith he'll play good footy for us when given the opportunity. Anderson will come in this week, and will bring toughness, pace and skill to our midfield and forward line. Higgins will hopefully come back as well. Clarke is unlucky but his foot skills while not shocking aren't going to improve our skill level, and his defensive pressure still needs work. His time will come soon, probably at the expense of Gibson who is still playing decent footy but does appear to be having less of an impact on games than in previous years.

I think the outs are pretty clear, and I actually think Brad is prepared to make the call on Lindsey and Spitta. Brad was the one who made the call on the 4 last year, its not like he's anywhere near as gutless as some around here suggest. Yeah he keeps faith in our players longer than the pathetic armchair critics polluting this board with their mindless bullsh*t, but that is hardly a negative. On that note, all of the posters ruining this board really need to **** off, or else the quality will start leaving instead. It just isn't worth anyone's time trawling through the piles of rubbish to find the odd good post from the likes of giantroo, philly etc. If you don't like the club, leave. If you want to ****post, piss of to the bye bye Brad thread where us intelligent humans can simply avoid reading your drivel, or leave the board.

Anyway, back to footy:

Out: Thomas, Swallow, Turner, Goldstein (injured)
In: Anderson, Higgins, Daw, Preuss

B: Williams - Tarrant - Thompson
HB: MacMillan - Hansen - Mullett
C: McDonald - Higgins - Atley
HF: Garner - Daw - Anderson
F: Wood - Brown - Simpkin
R: Preuss - Cunnington - Ziebell

Int: Dumont, Vickers-Willis, Gibson, Hrovat

That forward line is so much better structured than whatever it was we fielded last night, and only Simpkin is a pure small forward, giving us far better midfield flexibility. I think when we see Preuss, Daw, Ziebell, Cunnington, Higgins, Dumont, Atley, Anderson and Garner all attending at least a few centre bounces we will become a much more flexible and dangerous team. So yeah, our defense has been really good so far this year, and imo the changes I've proposed will significantly strengthen both our midfield and forward line.

Gotta agree with this. Double teaming Sandilands and then providing a target up forward, which both have done well, mystified me. Positive Pruess would have relished the challenge and rested this week.
add to that big cround with plenty of room and relative good conditions over in the west. madness they didnt play preussey.

Just curious as to why you think they deserve it?
I don't think Hrovat does but he's the logical out for Higgins.

Turner doesn't get enough of the footy and what he does get he isn't damaging enough with. If we are punishing form regarding Swallow and Thomas then it's somewhat difficult to look past Turner.

Turner doesn't get enough of the footy and what he does get he isn't damaging enough with. If we are punishing form regarding Swallow and Thomas then it's somewhat difficult to look past Turner.

Higgins > Thomas
Clarke > Swallow
Wagner > Turner
Anderson > Hrovat (unlucky but not doing enough)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turner is one of only two players for us to goal in all five games. Doesn't get a lot of it but also doesn't ever stuff up his possessions. His forward pressure is also great.
Wagner > Turner
There is literally nothing to substantiate this claim.

Look on the bright side, this game is not at Metricon stadium, but then i remember a game v these bludgers at Etihad that didn't end well.

Ahh yes, for inexplicable reasons GC kicked the first 7 goals of the game.

We fought back to get within four points, then decided it was all too hard and GC kicked 5 goals to 1 in the last.

Turner is one of only two players for us to goal in all five games. Doesn't get a lot of it but also doesn't ever stuff up his possessions. His forward pressure is also great.

There is literally nothing to substantiate this claim.

They're changes, not an opinion on who's better.

The guys in the twos should all get a run but at this point I think we're actually playing our best team. The Bees players are playing adequate footy at best because they're adequate players. Just because they're young and not in our best 22 means they are going to be stars. Mountford, Wagner, Anderson and Hibberd all look like being B graders at best and they'll all get their go eventually.

The guys in the twos should all get a run but at this point I think we're actually playing our best team. The Bees players are playing adequate footy at best because they're adequate players. Just because they're young and not in our best 22 means they are going to be stars. Mountford, Wagner, Anderson and Hibberd all look like being B graders at best and they'll all get their go eventually.

If that's the case, call the Tassie Government, their white night is here. :rolleyes:

Lots of Goldy out Preuss in if Goldy is injured.

I can't believe people think Preuss can come in and do it alone when Goldy is struggling to do likewise. Brown has a geriatric knee to boot.

I know Majak isn't on our list anymore, but he is the type of player we need because we need a decent ruck partner for Preuss and someone who opposition sides think might actually mark in a contested situation.

This is where not having Petrie or Daw this year hurts a little.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maj played for Werribee with a mattress strapped to his knee.

In: Higgins, Daw, Clarke, Preuss, Anderson
Out: Turner, Thomas, Swallow, Atley, Goldstein (inj)

Turner stiff but needs to find more of the ball, we desperately miss having another forward who can bring our long bombs to ground.

GROW SOME BALLS NORTH AND DROP THE PLAYERS THAT DONT DESERVE IT

I understand where the club is coming from, they don't want to just have it be if you are old and slightly underperforming you get dropped to the VFL for the rest of your career or delisted. They can't attract players to come play for us if that is the case. However, constantly backing players is ok but after 5 rounds of absolutely trash you have to pull the trigger and drop underperformers.

What will probably happen

In: Higgins, Preuss
Out: Thomas, Goldstein (inj)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back