Preview Rd19: Changes and prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

He wont fly over, I think Simpson is trying to play mind games with your coaching panel. We did the same earlier in the year when McGovern did his calf before going to Sydney to play GWS.

Either that or Simmo knows this is a monty for u guys and there's no need to risk a gun.....

I find it amusing we're back to the sack scotts brigade when we've been pretenders all year performing way above where we should be. If we made finals it'd be out of pure ass.

I'm fine with where Scotts been able to take us this year, its certainly better than last year. It sucked ass.

What i'm not fine with is the selection process this year after the bye, we've been plugging holes ever since the injuries hit us and back to the old ways.
With performance comes expectation.

We have been s**t in the back half of seasons for 3 years and running. The 'we've got injuries' doesnt cut it as it's an issue that is ongoing...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it amusing we're back to the sack scotts brigade when we've been pretenders all year performing way above where we should be. If we made finals it'd be out of pure ass.

I'm fine with where Scotts been able to take us this year, its certainly better than last year. It sucked ass.

What i'm not fine with is the selection process this year after the bye, we've been plugging holes ever since the injuries hit us and back to the old ways.
If they’re such pretenders why do we keep playing them?? We’re either good enough to play finals but Scott can’t get us there, or we’re not good enough but Scott keeps trying the same thing (ie insanity!!)

If they’re such pretenders why do we keep playing them?? We’re either good enough to play finals but Scott can’t get us there, or we’re not good enough but Scott keeps trying the same thing (ie insanity!!)

Or the top half of our list is good enough to play finals but the bottom half isn't.

With performance comes expectation.

We have been s**t in the back half of seasons for 3 years and running. The 'we've got injuries' doesnt cut it as it's an issue that is ongoing...

The list needs serious culling and replacing with much better players. Easier said than done but our list is shallow and mediocre in spots. The difference between our elite players and everyone else is a wide chasm.

Afltables puts us last at 30 before Sunday. 2 behind the next.

2017 37 and far from the worst. Apparently Adelaide had 31.

2016 had 34 and again not the worst.

The issue is quality not quantity.

Last edited:
Here we go again Scott playing the potato garden . He will never change . Had to go .

The list needs serious culling and replacing with much better players. Easier said than done but our list is shallow and mediocre in spots. The difference between our elite players and everyone else is a wide chasm.
If that's the case, then why havnt we seen more kids this season?

Our bottom 8 players are piss poor but Scott's cant restructure to get performing twos players in- McKay, Larkey and other blokes that need games getting dropped LDU, Murphy

He’s a fantastic coach when we have a healthy list but as you’ve said when we are struck with injuries he goes back into his stubborn ways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the case, then why havnt we seen more kids this season?

Our bottom 8 players are piss poor but Scott's cant restructure to get performing twos players in- McKay, Larkey and other blokes that need games getting dropped LDU, Murphy

Mate, ask Brad that question because I'm asking the same thing myself.

I dno why we persist with certain players when clearly we have better ones. Larkeys a ways off I reckon, but McKays been ready all year. LDU being dropped over Sympkin this week was a crime, and Murphy should be playing the rest of this year if finals was off the books weeks ago.

He’s a fantastic coach when we have a healthy list but as you’ve said when we are struck with injuries he goes back into his stubborn ways

Brad's a good coach, but a great coach wins even with injuries. But a poor list depth is something nobody can manage, and my biggest issue with Brad on game day is that when Plan A fails, there's either no Plan B or the Plan B ain't good enough.

The Hawks game was a perfect example of Plan A going well.

Brad's a good coach, but a great coach wins even with injuries. But a poor list depth is something nobody can manage, and my biggest issue with Brad on game day is that when Plan A fails, there's either no Plan B or the Plan B ain't good enough.

Half the time he loses games at the selection table... Just keeps persisting with a fleet of potatoes thinking they'll come good

We are about to go below Esserdon on the ladder..... That is mindblowing
Is for the best. We're fading and even if we somehow scraped finals (we won't) we'd be bundled out immediately. The fact that the sides below us are on the up is a good thing in terms of our draft position. I reckon we're a 90% chance to end up with pick 7 which is almost certainly pre-Thomas, especially given he'll probably slide more after combine testing.

Half the time he loses games at the selection table... Just keeps persisting with a fleet of potatoes thinking they'll come good

Clubs gotta do some more hard decisions this year on the list and more importantly, get s**t done at the trade table and next year.

Clubs gotta do some more hard decisions this year on the list and more importantly, get s**t done at the trade table and next year.
Yep, let's see how capable we are of making list decisions that are much needed...

We have blokes on the park that wouldnt get a game at Brisbane, gc

Do tell

And who has responsibilities for that List?

Sure, he inherited a lot in the first run at it 14/15, but that won’t be an excuse come whoever (and I am assuming it’s him) come 19/20/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back