Prediction Round 11: Changes Vs Demons + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

With Sturt's wheels and the space the MCG affords leading fwds I think it's a no-brainer to bring him in. There's been a lot of rationalising for why he shouldn't play, too skinny, doesn't defend, doesn't get enough ball, needs to hit magical KPI's etc etc but I think the benefits far outweigh the potential negatives. We need to up our offensive output and it's not going to happen with blokes like Frederick/Colyer/Banfield running around like headless chooks.

With Sturt's wheels and the space the MCG affords leading fwds I think it's a no-brainer to bring him in. There's been a lot of rationalising for why he shouldn't play, too skinny, doesn't defend, doesn't get enough ball, needs to hit magical KPI's etc etc but I think the benefits far outweigh the potential negatives. We need to up our offensive output and it's not going to happen with blokes like Frederick/Colyer/Banfield running around like headless chooks.
Someone said on the gameday thread his body is too skinny will get mauled at AFL level.

He is into his 4th season at AFL if he hasn't been able to bulk up at least to AFL standard by now it's a real worry.

Out: Banfield, Frederick, Colyer, one of Pearce/Logue
In: Fyfe, Sturt, Erasmus, Walker

If we could structurally do it I'd send Lobb back to Peel for the rest of the year and bring in Amiss or Treacy, but we can't leave Darcy to take on Gawn and Jackson by himself.

Someone said on the gameday thread his body is too skinny will get mauled at AFL level.

He is into his 4th season at AFL if he hasn't been able to bulk up at least to AFL standard by now it's a real worry.

Just 3 more preseasons and 50 solid WAFL games and ticking the right boxes and he'll come into consideration okay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of Pearce or Logue needs to go. I don't care which one. 3 KPDs and Magpies mark it with ease. So what's the point?

Banfield, enough said.

Chapman, drop him when it's wet. You can tell he's like “What's this liquid discharge coming out of the air!?”

Don't get me started on the forward half. What a bunch of spuds they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back