Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs Hawks + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As JP junior said our forward line is too small. We were outsize in just about every position. Didn't stop us kicking to Walters and Schulz in a stationary contest though. The result of that was as you would expect. It is even worse when one of our talks leads up to the wings. Surely Treacy or Corbett would help.

He's had more than one poor game.

And I get that his form may just be a symptom of the rest of the side. Just may be time for a different look.

Someone told Schlutz he can play midfield thats the problem. He is a medium/small forward. Maybe its so they can fit sturt and amiss into the team but Sturt is not performing

As JP junior said our forward line is too small. We were outsize in just about every position. Didn't stop us kicking to Walters and Schulz in a stationary contest though. The result of that was as you would expect. It is even worse when one of our talks leads up to the wings. Surely Treacy or Corbett would help.

Jackson spent most of the game being double or triple teamed and blocked out of most contests. Considering this he actually had a really good game. Someone like Treacy who just smashes the packs and lays down a bit of hurt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Though i think Treacy isn't a great player we need some agro in the forward line. The team is too nice in there. Need a Ryan type who isn't afraid to scrag and rough these guys up a bit.

Jackson spent most of the game being double or triple teamed and blocked out of most contests. Considering this he actually had a really good game. Someone like Treacy who just smashes the packs and lays down a bit of hurt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Though i think Treacy isn't a great player we need some agro in the forward line. The team is too nice in there. Need a Ryan type who isn't afraid to scrag and rough these guys up a bit.
At worst Treacy could drag someone out of our forward line. He has been working really well up the ground
our defense isn't the problem. They stood up admirably well considering we got annihilated in the clearances and had alot of free ball coming into the forward line.
Nah not this week. Both were equally responsible. They made some terrible fundamental errors. Especially Cox and Ryan.

Worner has been playing half back for Peel for a while now. Would be tough for him to come in and play on a wing after months of not doing it. Can't see any of the defenders getting dropped for him so he misses out for me.

Erasmus in to the 22 for Johnson
Corbett in for Banfield
Banfield sub

Noticed Treacy went in as inside mid for Peel on occasion. . He played there for his VFL team. Hope we persist with it. He is beginning to look like he could contribute in just about any area.

jack of all trades and master of none is not a great position. In cricket you'd call him a no-rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jack of all trades and master of none is not a great position. In cricket you'd call him a no-rounder.
Not if he is sufficiently good in a few areas. Much more versatile than Banfield and could probably do better than Hughes in most areas. Not sure why we wouldn't have a look.

Johnson for erasmus
Treacy for Banfield

Need to win this one for my sanity

Just quietly might not be the worst thing for Johnson to not play the Hawks, they're very keen on him

You seem to have a dislike for Treacy, he was quite good on Saturday hopefully he can take some confidence out of that going forward.

The forwards are a bi-product of our midfield and our midfield is getting absolutely pantsed every single game. I have no doubt if Sturt was playing last year he’d have had a great season, he’s a lead up forward with speed to burn his direct opponent not a contested marking beast, if we’re fumbling the footy every time we transition from defence OR don’t win clearances then players like Sturt have a very difficult time making an impact.

Out: Johnno, Binfield, Hughes.
In: Erasmus, Corbett/Treacy, Wilson.
Sub: Worner.

Move Clark or Aish onto Hughes’ wing and tell Wilson to take the game on like he’s been doing for Peel. Trial Young and Raz in the midfield. Bring Worner on for some run in the second half.

Worner has been playing half back for Peel for a while now. Would be tough for him to come in and play on a wing after months of not doing it. Can't see any of the defenders getting dropped for him so he misses out for me.

Erasmus in to the 22 for Johnson
Corbett in for Banfield
Banfield sub

Worner got moved to the wing late in the game on Saturday if that changes things for you. I still maintain that he's not ready and Hughes is still a better option...for now.

Late to the party, but just found out Johnson got two weeks for that tackle on Zorko. I thought one week would have been excessive. Two weeks is rough. On the positive side, he gets a rest. Hopefully that should see him get through the rest of the year.

And, it finally means that Raz should get a run at it. Should...

Anyone who thinks Pearce will be dropped is a nuffy. Should he be dropped? Probably, will he? No chance.
If we were any bit smart and actually wanting to win games this year we will bring Draper in and swing Cox forward. Will automatically take best defender away from Jackson or Amiss. Worner in for Hughes, I havent watched much Peel this year but unless Worner cant kick, defend or he's having an affair with Mrs Longmuir he has to come in.
I like Treacy but he is virtually Invisible at AFL level, Would love him to play Peel for rest of year to build his confidence, Corbett probably Next man up for the 'Tall' Forward gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back