Preview Changes: Round 20 Vs Geelong Cats + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to get some young guys in and see what they can do. I want to see Carter, Huge Dix and Sturt. Get Banners in to tag Tim Kelly and put the blocks on for Fyfe at the centre bounces. Maybe bring back Nyhuis to help out down back.

Ryan (inj) Wilson (inj) Sandi, Ballas, Bewley out

Carter, Nyhuis, Dixon, Sturt, Banners in

Really? Is Tom North that bad? I have looked at his stats in his last 4-7 games. He isnt too bad. Saying that, you probably know more than me since you go to Peel games

Everyone on here is talking about Carter. I have heard he is a talented bloke on the rookie list. Again, I don't or can't go to Peel games with me living in South Australia.
One of this Menegola types. If another club pick him up, he can play AFL. He was highly rated by Victoria, Brayshaw even said he was one of the better players for Vic Metro

Time to get some young guys in and see what they can do. I want to see Carter, Huge Dix and Sturt. Get Banners in to tag Tim Kelly and put the blocks on for Fyfe at the centre bounces. Maybe bring back Nyhuis to help out down back.

Ryan (inj) Wilson (inj) Sandi, Ballas, Bewley out

Carter, Nyhuis, Dixon, Sturt, Banners in
Jeebus, your asking for 3 debut players in. Against a top of the table cats?

I would definitely bring in 1 debut, possibly 2.

One of this Menegola types. If another club pick him up, he can play AFL. He was highly rated by Victoria, Brayshaw even said he was one of the better players for Vic Metro
Well he is in his 2nd year.

He had some solid games last year for peel. there were chances that he and hugh dixon were going to get a dockers game late last year.

Saying that, would Tom North get an AFL debut game from not until the end of the season?

He could tear it up for peel, if peel make finals again

Well he is in his 2nd year.

He had some solid games last year for peel. there were chances that he and hugh dixon were going to get a dockers game late last year.

Saying that, would Tom North get an AFL debut game from not until the end of the season?

He could tear it up for peel, if peel make finals again
Just want Freo to give him a shot. Not going to happen under Ross tbh. Dixon, Carter, North and perhaps watson should get told to train hard and have a chance to play the last 2-3 weeks. See what they offer.

Just want Freo to give him a shot. Not going to happen under Ross tbh. Dixon, Carter, North and perhaps watson should get told to train hard and have a chance to play the last 2-3 weeks. See what they offer.
As I said in Another thread. I thought hugh dixon was going to get a game late last season vs Geelong or the last home game vs Collingwood due to playing a solid month of WAFL footy for peel leading up to it.

would of been great giving him a debut vs the hawks at tassie infront of his home state though.

Tom North, I havent seen too many Peel games. Who knows? He might to a Brady grey and have a good game in the last game of the season and get 20 odd disposals and get a contract for next season, like Brady grey did in 2015. Then last another 3-4 years and play 20 games

Mind you, Brady Grey had a solid 2017 season: 14 games and 10 goals.

Would like them to just bring in Carter for a run. His last few weeks at WAFL level have been solid and would be good to see him get a run in our defence. I guess Nyhuis or Hughes could come back in for a run. Feel McCarthy should get back in, drop Sandi and just run with two rucks like we should have last week.

Cam, Switta and Carter in please. These are the three that are ready, outside the team and possibly best 22 moving forward. The other detritus at Peel is either delist, depth or underdone.
I couldn't speculate with any confidence on the outs, logic would suggest Ryan, Ballas and Sandi but I bet at least one of the latter two play.

Geelong present a few difficult match ups for us.

Hawkins and Ratagoleau would seem too physical for Hamling and Logue if they're isolated in one on one contests and likely Rohan plays this week, he's another problem - especially with Ryan missing.

Hughes probably has to come back in because he's the only one left who can play a bit taller, but he doesn't give the rebound out of defence that Ryan can.

I'd even consider playing McCarthy across half back, if it wasn't for the need of having a defined forward structure this week.

I kind of favour trying Lobb, McCarthy and Dixon, however another area of concern is that Geelong's defensive half taller players (Blicavs, Stewart) will provide as much rebound from defensive 50m as their smalls will. Still, some marking options may keep them occupied.

IN: McCarthy, Hughes, Carter, Dixon
OUT: Ryan, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Bewley

Hughes, Hamling, Wilson
Conca, Logue, Carter
Hill, Fyfe, Langdon
Shultz, McCarthy, Walters
Dixon, Lobb, Matera

Darcy, Mundy, Brayshaw

Duman, Tucker, Cerra, Blakely

No excuses for Lyon not to play the kids this week with the season over. Could end up being his death knell for us as it's a no win situation for him. He'd maybe have a bit of breathing room if he play Ballas last week or lut more games into the kids throughout the year

Injured and old out, any and all kids in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon people are going to be disappointed if you are expecting Valente or Sturt to come in. They just arent ready. Sturt has had like 1 pre-season of football in his life and Valente has been injured the whole year. They are next to no chance
This, of the players fit on our list they are probably up there for the least likely to play this weekend imo. Could definitely see some like Tobe Watson come in ahead of them. Only way I reckon we see a Valente or Sturt debut this season is if they have 1 or 2 good WAFL performances soon.

I know people are keen to see carter get a debut game....

I dont think it will happen, the selection committee and Ross Lyon will mentally tourture us a tiny bit more.

I got a gut feeling someone will get a debut game. For some reason it wont be Carter, not yet any way.

I reckon its either going to be Tobe Watson, Tom North or Hugh Dixon. Dont ask me why... Ross Lyon and the Selection committee are known to do random things, whether its good or bad.

I wont be disappointed if a valente or sturt or North get a debut game. Again, there needs to be a debutant, we need out fan base to at least get semi excited just like the 1st half of last year when Brayshaw, Banfield, Cerra and Crowden got games in the 1st month of the season.

This, of the players fit on our list they are probably up there for the least likely to play this weekend imo. Could definitely see some like Tobe Watson come in ahead of them. Only way I reckon we see a Valente or Sturt debut this season is if they have 1 or 2 good WAFL performances soon.
Watson should be in now Ryan is off for three weeks. Ideal replacement. Hughes comes in for Duman, and he can go into the weight room and get an AFL defender’s body for pre season

I can't reconcile this fear our selectors have for playing fit second year players like North & Dixon and a player like Carter who has, for the most part had a promising first year at WAFL level... without considering the concept that players can play better, when playing with better players. Whilst at the same time as seeing players like Giro & Jones get 10 & five games respectively in 2018. Like how bad can they be?

The mindset in 2019 is all about trying to win every game, I can't see that changing this week. The club is more fearful of losses and blowouts in these final games than they are about another unsuccessful season next year. Do you know why? Because they know their fans are garbage people that will keep turning up with our credit cards and pumping money into a club that loves being ordinary.

I can't reconcile this fear our selectors have for playing fit second year players like North & Dixon and a player like Carter who has, for the most part had a promising first year at WAFL level... without considering the concept that players can play better, when playing with better players. Whilst at the same time as seeing players like Giro & Jones get 10 & five games respectively in 2018. Like how bad can they be?

The mindset in 2019 is all about trying to win every game, I can't see that changing this week. The club is more fearful of losses and blowouts in these final games than they are about another unsuccessful season next year. Do you know why? Because they know their fans are garbage people that will keep turning up with our credit cards and pumping money into a club that loves being ordinary.
Garbage people ? Come on mate. Loyal does not = garbage

Going to.be a massive flogging this weekend. I have no.hope after watching them live at docklands. The body language was terrible..no talking amongst the players except for Walter's & conca. The dogs smelt blood. It was very surreal.

I reckon people are going to be disappointed if you are expecting Valente or Sturt to come in. They just arent ready. Sturt has had like 1 pre-season of football in his life and Valente has been injured the whole year. They are next to no chance
I agree. It's a shame really. I can't help but feel a bit jealous of Giants and Cats who snaffled Hill and Clarke with picks after ours.

oh well. What's done is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back