Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowes could very well be that big bodied mid, hes a good size already, shown enough in spurts for me to be very excited, I dont rate a sides analysis of talent that puts Brodie,Lyons and Greenwood on the scrap heap so couldn't care less if he waant playing for them this year tbh, especially when you consider he had a shoulder injury and was coming from a mile back

Development as well. For all the high draft picks the Dees, Blues and Suns have had...where's it gotten them? (Obviously Dees have figured it out, but just looking at the past here)

Development is so key with these young guys. They end up getting thrown to the wolves too early and it just stuffs their development completely. The same thing would've happened if we played SDK from day 1, but we didn't.

Smart clubs let these guys iron out the flaws in their game before throwing them into the fire. We're lucky in that regard, and I can just about guarentee the same thing will happen with our pick 7.

He'll probably get a game or two here and there, but they'll wait till he's ready. There's no need for us to mess around with things while we're still in the business of winning flags.

Shouldn’t we look at Phillipou? Isn’t he a Bont type?
Riley collier dawkins was also a bont type. I feel the best players are a nobody type and their own type.

From memory joel selwood was an outside mid like shane Crawford who was slow with poor disposal.

The comparisons get quite silly and are often way off the mark in reality and some of the next wayne careys dont and even end up playing a game of footy

310660732_10159186949508063_6402272019178123517_n.jpg

Wow he won a BnF at a rabble of a club that finished below his old side this year....what a superstar 🤣
Absolute nuffy comment. Only KPFs to kick more goals than him this year: Hawkins, Cameron, Curnow, Lynch.

Finished ahead of King, Franklin, Naughton, McKay and Marshall. Had a terrific year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance they try and swap 7 this year for similar next year (trade to north would be nice but not realistic. But maybe west coast or Adelaide or hawthorn? Someone desperate to take a lot this year)

Next year draft is supposed to be better in terms of quality and we will have so many potential spots next year (have over 20 coming out of contract at end of 23 and only half a dozen must extende type players). Just wonder whether we might load up for next year instead of this year given tight spots?

With Jye it doesn’t matter if we don’t get him this time as he will come and play for us 2 years later anyway!

Every draft pundit has stated there's quite a severe drop off this year.

Next year is apparently a good one.

Pick 7 needs to stay with us and used on whoever is in the top 10. That draftee becomes super important in 2024.

I personally wouldnt agree about drop off at 7 eg phillipou hollands and busslinger are 3 guys who probably wont go top 7 but who i am very confident in making the grade. Id say theres about 15 or so i think are very good..i do agree it drops off after round 1 though which is why im not bothered that we wont use our later picks.
Also wells tends to not be afraid to reach for who he wants so theres every chance our board is different to other clubs.
For me theres no right or wrong on keeping 7 but it comes down to a few factors.

1. Do we rate this years top 7-10 more than next years top 20?
(As the main reason to trade 7 down would be to keep our future 1st assuming we cant keep both which is likely)
2. How much are we set on trying to get clark and do we think he will get to 7?
3. If we think he wont who are the next 3 or 4 on on our board and would they still be around at 12? (I assume going to 12 with gws would be where we went if we traded down). For eg if the next guy on our board after clark is hollands or busslinger and we think we can get him at 12 then trading down makes sense as it gets you the same player you would have taken anyway plus a future 1st.

The only other factor that might be considered is 7 is our earliest pick in 15 years so we might be reluctant to trade it.
But i trust our list management team who have much more intel on all the draftees than we do to make the best call.

To even have the option of discussing what to do with a top 10 pick (if we do get it in the bowes trade) is good for the club.

Nice one Jack Bowes; I was on the fence as ever, but now that we've got the Cairns Kid on the list I am backing him in %100 - hopefully we get to see that delicious baulk in action in the seniors sooner rather than later.

Get around him!!!

My bet he surprises...players look a lot better in a winning side. He will have every chance to play the role he wants to

but I still have to ask... what is Menegola thinking about all these ins

The takes on Geelong by salty opposition are already absolutely wild:

- like Sydney after the Buddy trade, Geelong should be banned from trading

- Geelong should have a reverse COLA due to lower cost of living

- $1 pubs, Costa, Cotton On, etc.

Animated GIF

Shouldn’t we look at Phillipou? Isn’t he a Bont type?

I love phillipou for not only his all round game but the fact that as a december birthday hes one of the youngest players in the draft with a very high ceiling and i like the hit rate with those types.but no idea if the club would pick him though.

Or we could keep 18 and trade up for 3 with GWS.....

Gws wont trade 3 as they want the cadman i reckon.
The conversation with them (around bruhn) will be whether they are pushing for 12 and bruhn for 7 or if they want future picks and what price we are willing to pay for him.

My bet he surprises...players look a lot better in a winning side. He will have every chance to play the role he wants to

but I still have to ask... what is Menegola thinking about all these ins
Menegola and Stephens

I know posters who know more than me say there is no way mene leaves Geelong (settled in the areas) but I would not be shocked that if someone offered him 2-3 years he might take it? Maybe nobody would?

Stephens should back himself to be better than the new trades but again it is a risk for him (Ie if he doesn’t get a game and is out of contract in 12 months that isn’t great for him?). I would think he would at least listen to someone offering him 2-3 years and opportunity to play??

Gws wont trade 3 as they want the cadman i reckon.
The conversation with them (around bruhn) will be whether they are pushing for 12 and bruhn for 7 or if they want future picks and what price we are willing to pay for him.

I know that it's called trade pr0n and we have all ( cats supporters) got off today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back