Prediction Changes: Round 9 Vs Collingwood + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sorry but if there are 12 lads who played a Scratchie yesterday that can’t get on that team ahead of Banfield then I ******* give up.
Acres - looks the part. Talks the part. Plays like an AFLW player.
Schultz - popped up with a great smother when the game was over. Did pretty much nothing else. Sadly that will be enough for him to play next week.
How many frees did Darcy give away in the ruck?
Brayshaw and Cerra and Serong only bright spots.
Agree.
I’m perplexed on what McCarthy has to work on, same as Blakely when we’re rewarding ‘hard working’ types like Banfield, Schulz or Bewley.
Just throw the cards away and bring in youth.
Valente, Blakely, McCarthy have been working damn hard. It’s time for their chance.

If I see Banfield next week I will literally cry. Cry tears for what our club has become. If he plays again for us we will have somehow stooped to a new low.

couldn’t agree more. Should have been delisted after the pathetic Oconner chase &basically the same against rohan in the first. Truly awful player

I’m sorry but if there are 12 lads who played a Scratchie yesterday that can’t get on that team ahead of Banfield then I ******* give up.
Schultz - popped up with a great smother when the game was over. Did pretty much nothing else. Sadly that will be enough for him to play next week.

May have been 12 players that played but how many of them can play half forward at the same standard.

Given the standard of some of the players in question I wouldn’t be surprised if they could but some of the above have been pigeon holed as mids (Blakely and Valente), tallish forwards (McCarthy), ruckman (Meek - yea fair enough). Realistically only Acres could get dropped for the above.

Our only hope really is that Henry and Sturt are ready to play next week...

Out
Banfield (delist plz)
Matera (delist)
Tucker (inj)
Walters (inj)
Shultz (2 mares in a row)

In
Fyfe
Sturt
Henry
Valente
McCarthy
Actually don’t think there’s any loss with Walters. The role he’s playing atm isn’t himself. Play 80/20 forward. We need goals, and he’s the spark. He’s getting kicks off half back doing what?

Huh. I'd be happy to swap Acres for Kiara Bowers. There's a woman that certainly wouldn't shirk a contest.

Actually don’t think there’s any loss with Walters. The role he’s playing atm isn’t himself. Play 80/20 forward. We need goals, and he’s the spark. He’s getting kicks off half back doing what?
He's been piss weak in 90% of contested situations this year. Watching him dive and flop the second he puts his head over the ball is beyond infuriating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree there should be significant changes with a few of the usual suspects gone.

Maybe slightly naive, but I'd be ok retaining Acres purely to see how he responds to what is hopefully a massive rocket.

I'd take Bowers over Acres

bad post. He’s a huge loss with Fyfe coming in.
Is he really though? His role isn’t the normal SonSon magic. He’s across half back taking cheapies and when he’s in trouble he goes diving or asking for frees. The team needs him up forward kicking 2-3. Even 50/50 he’s better then a pitiful useless Schulz 100% forward. We need his spark there. He’s wasted across half back. Opposition don’t tag him because of it

Agree.
I’m perplexed on what McCarthy has to work on, same as Blakely when we’re rewarding ‘hard working’ types like Banfield, Schulz or Bewley.
Just throw the cards away and bring in youth.
Valente, Blakely, McCarthy have been working damn hard. It’s time for their chance.
McCarthy coming back from a serious medical condition.

Frederick isn't ready , nothing against the lad but he was totally lost tonite.
Bewley was ok but Schultz, Banfield, Matera have to be replaced by anyone
If they are retained Freo are picking sides to lose,
Harsh on Frederick. Made to play a role with no specifications. He’s getting into the right spots. Put him in Banfield’s role and instantly better.
Agree. If JLo wants to be a ruthless coach, it’s now. 2-6 playing the same crap, isn’t going to get us to 3 wins anytime soon. What’s the obsession with Schulz and Banfield? Sick of these pre season wonders. Bewley was the king of that, and how’s he going? We need the talent and tenacity.
McCarthy, Valente, Sturt, anyone please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back