Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, young players shouldn't be gifted games just because they're kids, particularly if they aren't physically ready. Longmuir's already giving games to Young, Sturt and Serong and I'm sure a debut for Fredericks is on the horizon. If we lose, it's not going to be because we played Colyer and Schultz.

The non-selection of Blakely is a gamble since we're missing Fyfe but given his issues under Ross as well, it would suggest that there is something going on behind the scenes. Regardless, even if absence is skewing our memories of him, I'd still prefer Blakely playing for his clearance work. Time will tell on that one.
They aren’t “giving” games to Young and Sturt. Both have earth their selection based on their recent on-field performances.

Good to see sturt getting as many games as possible. Him, Second and young are great young players to have in the team.

But i still think we will lose. Probably by 10 goals. For 100. Fk it a 10000
Agreed. Good to see young, serong and other guys getting debut games.

I put $100 on the crows at $2.45.

I win either way.

Freo wins I lose $100.

Freo loses I win $245.

Agreed. Good to see young, serong and other guys getting debut games.

I put $100 on the crows at $2.45.

I win either way.

Freo wins I lose $100.

Freo loses I win $245.

See I will never understand this. Who do you barrack for?
May I suggest - don't bet, barrack unreservedly for Freo, if they win get a natural high, if they lose spend $100 on your favourite liquid high and realise as you drain the last of that bottle of 18yo single malt that football doesn't really matter
You win either way

You would think that it is essentially curtains for Blakely at Freo. If he can't get a game now with Fyfe and Acres to come back in over the next few weeks, I don't think he will play all season.

It's a real shame. His 2nd and 3rd years were light years ahead of anything most of the players in our midfield this week have ever produced.

See I will never understand this. Who do you barrack for?
May I suggest - don't bet, barrack unreservedly for Freo, if they win get a natural high, if they lose spend $100 on your favourite liquid high and realise as you drain the last of that bottle of 18yo single malt that football doesn't really matter
You win either way
More than happy to see freo win and i lose $100.

Freo loses I get $245 and blow it on $250 worth of Alcohol. lol

It doesn’t make any more sense the second time around. You’re still betting on the team you supposedly support losing. Weird.
Again....

There is a Positive for both outcomes.

Freo wins, I am happy to lose $100.

Freo loses I win $245.

Again.... I decided to do that bet to have a positive ending either way. I prefer to lose $100 and see freo win.

Again....

Freo loses I win $245.

Again.... I decided to do that bet to have a positive ending either way. I prefer to lose $100 and see freo win.
What if you put $100 each way. Dockers that don’t loss $100 and if the Crows win you have a tiny profit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the kind of game Colyer will dominate because Adelaide won't chase. He will cement himself in the team for good

Again....

Freo loses I win $245.

Again........you are betting on your team losing. No amount of money would make me do that.

So glad to see Matera go. Yes he can kick a goal, but when you don’t offer anything else you need to be having 4 shots on goal per game along with another 4 assists.

4 touches for the game isn’t going to cut it.

Each to their own but you do subscribe to the ABC - anyone but colyer - perspective. When Banfield was dropped and Colyer wasn't you were equally livid.
I don't rate him either but surely you admit Matera has been absolutely worse? Like Banfield was. Last two weeks Colyer has been ok and they've rightly dropped guys that needed to be dropped more than him. In my opinion, having never won a handball comp
Colyer has been crap. Sure if he was a rookie coming through. But he’s 28. We don’t need just okay. If he’s that age, in rebuilding mode, he has to be the best at the club for experience. He’s not, and we have youth far better off.
Matera being dropped due to playing the exact same role in 2018, is frustrating. Leave the ‘hard yards, effort first’ stuff to plodders like Schulz and Colyer, who can’t even kick a goal at AFL level. Leave Matera around Tabs and Hogan. This week is the definite time to do that, with Darcy coming in. Three talls with Matera hovering around.
Jlo loves those effort-first plodders getting 7-8 touches a game with multiple fumbles but chase hard and ‘create pressure’. Such a Ross Lyon love this week tbh.

Logue,
Watching second rate plodders getting games saps the enthusiasm out of being a supporter .
If Lyon was still there and was part of these team selections he would be hung drawn and quartered .
Because Ross spent 8 years picking those same second rate plodders week after week. Longmuir is a new coach still working through his list.

Again........you are betting on your team losing. No amount of money would make me do that.

I don't gamble but I guess you could think of it as taking out insurance against a loss rather than betting.

Dont care what you think.

If My team is going to lose each week, I atleast want to be compenated in some way shape or form.

That was my biggest regret when we went 0-10 in 2016. i would of made some cash wgen i was miserable and freo struggled

Last edited:
No Blakley. Time to see what Brayshaw, Cerra, Tucker and Serong are made of. Can the boys win the center clearances against the worst center clearance team in the comp? It’ll be great to watch and I actually don’t mind this. I much prefer those four get the experience and touches over Blakley. Time see what’s under the hood.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So glad to see Matera go. Yes he can kick a goal, but when you don’t offer anything else you need to be having 4 shots on goal per game along with another 4 assists.

4 touches for the game isn’t going to cut it.
Have to agree. On the other hand somebody needs to kick some goals. We don't have a lot of natural goalkickers.

Xavier Ellis does a podcast and one of the recent episodes is with Michael Barlow. During the chat they discuss playing in the position of high half forward which they refer to as Death Valley (essentially the position that ended barlows career with freo).

Basically in short they say that the role of the position involves you being stuck in no mans land as you watch the ball constantly get kicked over your head, but the importance of being able to fill space and block exits as the opposition try’s to rebound out of defensive 50.

Sounds like the perfect spot for a relatively unskilled but disciplined fast hard running player like colyer who doesn’t need to prove himself by getting sucked in to the play to try collect possessions.

Just wish when it does go near him he didn’t fumble so often!!

Yep - as much as we would like to pretend that there isn't such a role, you can see that a player like Banfield has got a lot more games than a lot of people can fathom because as a HFF because he is generally pretty good at filling space defensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back