Traded Lloyd Meek - [Traded with F2 (Dogs) to Hawthorn for Jaeger O'Meara and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't get him we just go searching for another State League ruck or Castaway. Rucks are so overrated. Our last 5 premiership ruckman have been McEvoy, Baily, Campbell, and Lawrence. The current year GF rucks were Stanley and Tom Hickey. No stars there.

If we don't get him we just go searching for another State League ruck or Castaway. Rucks are so overrated. Our last 5 premiership ruckman have been McEvoy, Baily, Campbell, and Lawrence. The current year GF rucks were Stanley and Tom Hickey. No stars there.

Or we see how Reeves, Lynch and Ramsden go and get Meek for a F4 next year when out of contract after he again plays only a handful of games.

As for Hill, his running in the heat in the 2015 GF was huge. Not a lot of possessions but his running wrecked the zone/cluster/web/whatever defence which WCE had used all year.

His goal came from a sprint from the back pocket to be all on his own in the goal square. On TV you see glimpses of him but in person it was phenomenal.

If west coast somehow pull off a Jackson miracle then I’d say the Meek trade is dead and buried, even if Lobb stays

Will the dockers blink?

Ahh yes, typical Vic media. Astonishing that Ralph won a media award, sums it up to perfection though
Almost as astonishing as finding a reason to whine about the Vic media from such an innocuous headline...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a number of reasons as to why Meek would choose Hawthorn over some of the other club’s.

1. He sees himself as the number one ruck in the pecking order ahead of Reeves and Lynch.

2. David Hale may have played a part in his decision in choosing Hawthorn having worked with him at Fremantle as the ruck coach.

3. Hawthorn’s offer to Meek is substantially better than what other club’s are offering.

I don’t think this trade gets done for pick 24 as it’s too high and pick 49 is low. This one may drag out until the final hours of the trade deadline if a trade gets done.

There are a number of reasons as to why Meek would choose Hawthorn over some of the other club’s.

1. He sees himself as the number one ruck in the pecking order ahead of Reeves and Lynch.

2. David Hale may have played a part in his decision in choosing Hawthorn having worked with him at Fremantle as the ruck coach.

3. Hawthorn’s offer to Meek is substantially better than what other club’s are offering.

I don’t think this trade gets done for pick 24 as it’s too high and pick 49 is low. This one may drag out until the final hours of the trade deadline if a trade gets done.
Great summary. If we want meek surely we can just give Gold Coast a f3 for their 35 this year and pass to freo job done.

We have 2 F/S next year so probably want to hang on to our future picks.

As for Meek, I doubt he is being sold #1 ruck spot but we play 2 rucks so on par with Reeves makes sense.
It’s not hard to replace f3 if needed and a bird in the hand…also doubt it’s 2 but hopeful although dear seems like he’s coming from a long way back. If we find ourselves short an f3 fir 2 f/s I think we can agree that’s a great problem to have.

Great summary. If we want meek surely we can just give Gold Coast a f3 for their 35 this year and pass to freo job done.

Thats probably the ben long pick though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back