Traded Massimo D'Ambrosio [Traded to Hawthorn for #61 and F4 (Pies)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does every thread go the same way?

As an uncontracted rookie who's mostly played VFL wanting out, Essendon is not going to get a good pick for him. He's also not going to get 'walked to the PSD' as every thread foolishly suggests.

A fair deal - a tokenistic but usable later pick or pick swaps will get done. There's no rush with both clubs prioritising other deals (which effects what picks they'll have left), multiple days still left and trying to negotiate best value from both clubs perspective.

I agree. Because the problem isn't Dodoros selections. It's us.

I think part of the blame has to go to Dodoro too. He's overseen the list management side for decades. There have been consistent imbalances in the Essendon list for long periods of time. At no stage (except perhaps the most biased of supporters) has the Essendon list looked like it had the makings of a premiership outfit. No one ever thinks that they have significantly underachieved with the personnel they have possessed. Yes, development and or coaching may also be a problem but these have changed many times over the journey and the outcomes have remained the same for Essendon. You say no-one has looked much worse elsewhere (probably true) but not many have left Essendon and then been developed into superstars either, suggesting that development is not the only issue holding the Bombers back and that the selected players (by Dodoro, over a long period of time) have been consistently not good enough to take Essendon to a finals win, let alone flag contention.

I imagine Essendon are hoping Hawthorn ends up with something of any value that is of no use to them through other deals that can be swapped for D’Ambrosio.

Essendon has zero leverage in this trade situation

More likely Essendon is trying to get the Hawks 2nd for Mass + picks. (But way unders on pick value.

Can’t do that trade until Port accept Zerk for Dursma as a straight trade

I imagine Essendon are hoping Hawthorn ends up with something of any value that is of no use to them through other deals that can be swapped for D’Ambrosio.

Essendon has zero leverage in this trade situation

Very low priority trade I would’ve thought. Dodoro would be focused on getting the BZT/Duursma deal done then whatever is left see what could be salvaged for Mass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes start low is ask for 54 we offer 83 and settle on 63. Starting with a second is ludicrous.
The challenge would be that Essendon need a pick that we would actually use. I don’t think we use anymore than 3 picks in this draft. So if that assumptions correct than we need a pick
Higher than our third lowest pick which I believe is 52.

Otherwise it would be beneficial for Essendon to walk him to the PSD and we in theory move up a PSD pick rather than get a ND pick that we wouldn’t use. I’d say upgrading one of essendons other picks would probably work. Eg hawks pick 44 for essendons 52

as usual nuffie doesn't understand trade negotiations

Start high. rebut low. End up somewhere in the middle

Trading 101

Imagine Dodo selling Samsung TVs, Monster cables and extended warranties. He'd get the sack in 6 months.

The challenge would be that Essendon need a pick that we would actually use. I don’t think we use anymore than 3 picks in this draft. So if that assumptions correct than we need a pick

Otherwise it would be beneficial for Essendon to walk him to the PSD and we in theory move up a PSD pick rather than get a ND pick that we wouldn’t use. I’d say upgrading one of essendons other picks would probably work. Eg hawks pick 44 for essendons 52
You make a well reasoned argument. It doesn’t work for us to give up points when we have several bid matches. Also be careful apparently I play a dangerous game…😉

Walking him to the PSD makes no sense when you think about managing relationships with opposing clubs and more importantly player managers.

Hawthorn offered Mass a 2 year deal for what you’d imagine is very little money and we weren’t prepared to up our offer to get him to stay. We’ll just let him go for a token pick once the other deals get done imo

Walking him to the PSD makes no sense when you think about managing relationships with opposing clubs and more importantly player managers.

Hawthorn offered Mass a 2 year deal for what you’d imagine is very little money and we weren’t prepared to up our offer to get him to stay. We’ll just let him go for a token pick once the other deals get done imo
Matt Rosa is that you? 20 years we’ve been waiting…

Am I on bigfooty or doing my daughters grammar homework?
Is your daughters' grammar your mum?
You make a well reasoned argument. It doesn’t work for us to give up points when we have several bid matches. Also be careful apparently I play a dangerous game…😉
Have you got bids to match next year? If it's true Essendon are only taking two live picks then a future pick for D'Ambrosio and some points this year could help both teams.

Did Essendon offer him a spot on their main list?

If not can the hawks still just take him or have they removed that little known rule?

Used to be a rule where if a club only offers a rookie contract and a different club offers a senior list spot, the player can walk to the other club for free

Obviously easy to get around for the club but if bombers were tight on list spots?
Trade radio talking about this point now

Finally someone remembers this rule other than me lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back