Traded Massimo D'Ambrosio [Traded to Hawthorn for #61 and F4 (Pies)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty simple bloke who is worth a pick we can’t use v deals that need to be done for first 22 players. Pretty simple analogy in this one. Two people walk into a bank 1 with 1 million in their account one with $5 both ask to meet with the bank manager at the same time guess who is being seen first… other deals to be done and this deal is low priority. Wouldn’t be surprised if port dig their heels in this doesn’t even get done or 1 of the last deals done of the day.

Pretty simple bloke who is worth a pick we can’t use v deals that need to be done for first 22 players. Pretty simple analogy in this one. Two people walk into a bank 1 with 1 million in their account one with $5 both ask to meet with the bank manager at the same time guess who is being seen first… other deals to be done and this deal is low priority. Wouldn’t be surprised if port dig their heels in this doesn’t even get done.

No … the analogy is something like this….
Dodo walks into a fish and chips shop that only takes cash and tries to pay with card… Dodo walks out with no fish and chips..because he has no cash

Ahh so there you go then, you do want him, and see his value.. Why take that risk?
Pay the price now.
Because just like the AFL, there are rules the equivalent of Travis Clokes smoke and shadows behind the windows. Seems because you offered him a rookie contract as a rookie in his second year if he refuses he’s a DFA. Thank god, pick 63 is safe!

Dodo walks into a fish and chips shop that only takes cash and tries to pay with card… Dodo walks out with no fish and chips..because he has no cash
What sort of fish and chip shops don’t have eftpos, do they have colour tv where you live yet 😂😂😂

What part of “pick 63 will not be used” do Hawthorn supporters not understand?

We might have to settle for a minor pick upgrade (35>33) or an F3 but a useless pick that won’t be used is just pointless.
Aa a Hawthorn supporter I don't know what the trade will be, but something like 35 to 33 does seem to make a lot of sense to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really sure that Analogy works.

More like Dodo runs the Fish and Chip shop. The Hawks come in asking for Fish & Chips, but only offer up a holey sock to pay for it which is refused.
At the end of the night, Dodo had no other customers and his only option is to throw the fish & chips away. Hawthorn pounce on it in the dumpster out back, filled with glee at the prospect of getting their fish and chips AND keeping their holey sock.

And the ATO suddenly turns up and goes over the F'n'C shops finances. Finds out they're not only ducking taxes but they also haven't been paying staff their superannuation. Everybody loses.

Then calls the ato gets them audited.....waits till the last day of "trading" just before they are being shut down and cleans them out a 1 cent on the dollar fish and chips

Then calls the ato gets them audited.....waits till the last day of "trading" just before they are being shut down and cleans them out a 1 cent on the dollar fish and chips
ATO rounds up or down to the nearest $. An beside they like the big fish 🎣 better 😆

The experts reckon the draft will be no longer than 40 picks. So the 63 is now 41 helps if you need to match points
Provided clubs have had their chance to pass by the time your player get's selected(Can't say I've paid any attention to the Hawks FS/Academy this year). Probably wont come quite that high.
But ultimately we'd have no use for it, so I neither scenario makes a shred of difference for us.

This has to be the most botched trade I've seen.

Dodo rejects 63 and asks for a 2nd rounder. Doesn't realise the kid can walk to the Hawks as a DFA in 10 days.

Dodo digs heels in further.

I mean, what a dumb campaigner.
The most botched trade you've seen is a team "missing out" on pick 63?
Are you new to football or just dense?

Come on, we gave you guys Pick 16 for Mark Williams. Not even in the ballpark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back