Prediction Round 11: Changes Vs Demons + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The main issue is that Banners is playing each week, and less so that Sturt isn’t.
Like - what didn’t Erasmus play ahead of Banfiled on Sunday? Which of them was the better player in the Gold Coast the week before?
Which of them has been playing better in the WAFL when they both play together there?
The answer is clearly Erasmus.

Why is Crowden getting 30 touches a week at WAFL level but not getting a look in at AFL?
Even Treacy can play as a medium tall better than Banfield.
It’s not really about Sturt at all actually.
Wondering why Crowden doesn't seem to turn up to play until the second half. Either level. Not sure if people agree.but seems he needs the speed and intensity taken out of the game before he performs. Anyone notice that or am I imagining it? Wouldn't mind him in the side for his kicking but does he do enough?

Wondering why Crowden doesn't seem to turn up to play until the second half. Either level. Not sure if people agree.but seems he needs the speed and intensity taken out of the game before he performs. Anyone notice that or am I imagining it? Wouldn't mind him in the side for his kicking but does he do enough?
I like Mitch but he seems to have fallen behind the pack as a midfielder. Most here were lamenting his lack of impact as a small forward, a role he looks like he's built for but nowhere near as effective at. If he can't find the pill and use it, he's largely absent to the eye; there in lies the problem - he's too far behind the current crop of mids we have to get a look in, even with Covid ins and outs he didn't a get sniff in the North game. So do you roll the dice and play him in the forward line in place of Switta with a few sweeping roles through the middle or does he just linger at Peel until inevitable delisting?! Sadly, I'm more likely seeing the latter.....

Last edited:

Yeah let’s see who they pick.
We know that someone has to come in for Switta - Erasmus would be my bet.
We know Sturt is not going to play.
So if Banfield is dropped, it will likely be Henry who comes in instead of him.
I’d like to see Crowden ahead of banners but I think crowden has checked out and won’t play again for us.
Geesus... if Henry comes in for Banfield over Sturt it'll be full on melts from me...JLo mentioned more intensity required from Sturt and that's probably one of Henry's biggest weaknesses at the moment.

Watch for two things this weekend from a strategy point of view.

Freddie (or perhaps the Switta replacement) will play as deepest forward and be instructed to play deeper than May, ie no matter how far Melbourne defenders go up the ground, to always remain deep. It will significantly disrupt May's goalkeeper routine.

The wing opposing Langdon will be instructed to play wider and outside Langdon. When this happened earlier in the year, Langdon had his worst game of the season.

Acres will have absolutely no problem playing outside of Langdon, in fact it'll suit him to a tee!

Geesus... if Henry comes in for Banfield over Sturt it'll be full on melts from me...JLo mentioned more intensity required from Sturt and that's probably one of Henry's biggest weaknesses at the moment.
There’s bound to be melts either way really

No rain for the game which is good. I still got May for 20+ in my multi 😂.

I'm really hoping it's not a blood bath but just heard JLo on the Radio saying some of the boys are low in confidence at the moment 😤

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This duck s**t is really starting to piss me off
Be Quiet Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF by Leroy Patterson

Hehe.

Disappointed Sturt left out of consideration after 10 goals in last 4 games..
Sometimes JLo a natural forward is better than someone with no fwd craft but is a fantastic defensive 2 way runner.. Especially given our fwds didn't look like scoring the last two weeks.
Calling out a young player in the media for deficiencies is not great for his development either

I don't know about intensity. Maybe Matthew Elliott looked like he played with more intensity than Mark Waugh but I know which one I'd prefer batting for Australia!

Some players just look a bit laconic but the end result is what counts. JLo himself should know this he looked a bit laconic most of the time when he played doesn't mean he wasn't trying.

I don't know about intensity. Maybe Matthew Elliott looked like he played with more intensity than Mark Waugh but I know which one I'd prefer batting for Australia!

Some players just look a bit laconic but the end result is what counts. JLo himself should know this he looked a bit laconic most of the time when he played doesn't mean he wasn't trying.
Good post.Sturt does look stuffed quite early in the game though. Wonder if it is more about that.

Souths beat a Peel side with 13 Dockers by 4 goals on the weekend. Henry tried hard and Crowden found the ball...few guys had moments but no one really stood out. Cool to see Johnson though. But Sturt has entered serious Viv Michie Josh Mellington status. Also I'm over the Banners bashing. I hope he plays, I hope he has 7 touches and kicks 2 gimmes against Dees. If you're wearing a Peel jumper and you want his spot you gotta go and take it.

In Erasmus
Out Switta
Medisub Walker

Souths beat a Peel side with 13 Dockers by 4 goals on the weekend. Henry tried hard and Crowden found the ball...few guys had moments but no one really stood out. Cool to see Johnson though. But Sturt has entered serious Viv Michie Josh Mellington status. Also I'm over the Banners bashing. I hope he plays, I hope he has 7 touches and kicks 2 gimmes against Dees. If you're wearing a Peel jumper and you want his spot you gotta go and take it.

In Erasmus
Out Switta
Medisub Walker
the dark knight rises GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back