Banter 2020 Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Two evenly matched sides playing an elimination game, both coming off difficult encounters, and Geelong dominated them. Pies didn't lose the game, Geelong won it.

The game against Brisbane is heavily in their favour, and they have earnt that advantage. Home ground advantage is huge for them, just as it was for WC against Pies, or Power against Geelong. Brisbane are easily favourites and Geelong will test them, not vice versa.

Righto Capt Semantics.

Does this mean the West Coast are really really sh*t?
Was at a party last night, and despite being a die-hard WC member, this friend and I can actually have decent conversations about footy sans the trash talking. I said to her - you must be gutted about last week (poker face - while inside I’m dancing gangnam style), and she said - not really. The eagles didn’t deserve to win, they played like s**t. Too many stupid, selfish mistakes. This might bring them back down to earth.
I was so shocked to hear this I actually made a positive comment about that incredible centring kick from Ryan to JK. She said - yeah, that was a highlight, but Ryan needs to sort his off-field life out, he’s not doing himself any favours with his appalling behaviour.
By this time, I’m waiting for the kicker, the but... but nah, she was serious. She then talked up our youngsters, and I reached for more wine. 😳😳😳

Was at a party last night, and despite being a die-hard WC member, this friend and I can actually have decent conversations about footy sans the trash talking. I said to her - you must be gutted about last week (poker face - while inside I’m dancing gangnam style), and she said - not really. The eagles didn’t deserve to win, they played like sh*t. Too many stupid, selfish mistakes. This might bring them back down to earth.
I was so shocked to hear this I actually made a positive comment about that incredible centring kick from Ryan to JK. She said - yeah, that was a highlight, but Ryan needs to sort his off-field life out, he’s not doing himself any favours with his appalling behaviour.
By this time, I’m waiting for the kicker, the but... but nah, she was serious. She then talked up our youngsters, and I reached for more wine. 😳😳😳
TLDR - unicorns are real.

Every eagles fan I've talked to has blamed the umpires. Every single one.

Yet apparently the umpires have no effect when it's them getting their usual armchair ride at home.
This. The umpires were s**t, but that's how every team that plays them walks away feeling like.

know little about him yet would be happy to see him suspended out of a GF? Gaff and somebody like Stephenson sure, but Danger deserves one.
just stated i didn't know much about "dangerflog", but he seems like a major tosser.
the coward puncher & Stephenson can't win it, so they aren't relevant.
i also don't want cotchin & lynch to win it, but i don't want the Tigers to win at all.
i'd like to see the Cats win, but I don't like Dangerfield. i do, however like their club.
maybe it was the positive reception we got after the final we won.
100% my favourite train ride (South Geelong to Melbourne), after that game, ever. :thumbsu:

just stated i didn't know much about "dangerflog", but he seems like a major tosser.
You know thats how people see Fyfe too. They see a supremely talented athlete with confidence in their own ability and the strut that comes with that and assume that somehow that means the person to be arrogant or worse.

You know thats how people see Fyfe too. They see a supremely talented athlete with confidence in their own ability and the strut that comes with that and assume that somehow that means the person to be arrogant or worse.
the surfing in a suit video really didn't help danger though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue does. Love it.

Logue just busts out moves, he doesn't supply his own soundtrack as a show for the media.

Having said that, I don't particularly dislike Danger. I just dislike the media fawning over him and particularly the way it ramped up x1000 as soon as he crossed the border.

I don't think he is especially bad, I think his try-hard antics off-field draw attention to them.

He does lay on the drama on-field re injuries and that doesn't help his cause either.

Watch him when he thinks he should have had a free-kick but doesn't get one. He looks at the umps like he can't believe they had the audacity to not give him a free.

Its the media and Dangerfield that drives me batty. Watching him can be such a pleasure, crazy fast and powerful. Can do amazing things on the footy field. But then he kicks it iniside 50 and despite the arousal of the commentary 🤢 it can be pretty subpar... a lesser player would be called up on it but he is given a free pass. Used to happen all the time with chris Judd too. And yeah, Fyfe probably gets the media loving as well, but then again... the media love to harp on about Fyfe's average kick at goal, but I never hear them lay into danger like that. And Danger is an awful kick at goal. I don't know the stats but the eye test tells me he misses a lot and easy ones too. So the commentary irritates me and then I'm further irritated that it ruins my enjoyment of watching a top flight player go to work! 😡 And yes... I should just get over it 😂

The AFL are lifting a 3 metre x 1 metre piece of turf from the MCG and transporting it by refrigerated truck to the Gabba ahead of the Grand Final after months of planning by the currators of both grounds?

This seems like a monumental waste of time, energy and money even by the very low standards of the AFL.

Bruce will toss on about this all day unfortunately 😖

Remove this Banner Ad

Back