Prediction Changes: Round 23 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the changes. Fyfe being forced to play forward doesn’t disrupt our midfield and big Lloyd or Darcy will attract a tall defender.
The fact Meek has been selected rather than emergency must mean they aren’t too confident in Logue getting up though.

If the boys can harness the emotion of Sonny’s 200th, Captain Fyfe’s return, and Mundy’s ‘4 more wins’ mantra we should be winning this even with the crustaceans out.

Won’t happen.
MCG haven’t had finals since 2019. AFL are not going to handicap themselves. It’s MCG for every Victorian home final.
Wouldn't bet against it though, the VFL sorry AFL would send us there again but would never send Carlton, Melbourne or Collingwood there. Such a fair comp, the good old AFL.

That's all I'm asking!! I wasn't suggesting he come in instead of Fyfe.
My bad gat. Tbh Jlo always gives him a shoutout so I don't think he will be cut at the end of the season. I think he made his case for selection to far into the season close to finals.

Wouldn't bet against it though, the VFL sorry AFL would send us there again but would never send Carlton, Melbourne or Collingwood there. Such a fair comp, the good old AFL.
They're renovating Kardinya Park so it has reduced capacity, no way are they hosting a final there.

Not that I'd mind it given our history!

Lobb simply has to be rested this Saturday. Give him 2 weeks recovery. If he aggravates the injury we will be up the proverbial without the proverbial.

However the club never listens to me so they will play him.

I don't know why I bother honestly.
Finally!

I like the changes. Fyfe being forced to play forward doesn’t disrupt our midfield and big Lloyd or Darcy will attract a tall defender.
The fact Meek has been selected rather than emergency must mean they aren’t too confident in Logue getting up though.

If the boys can harness the emotion of Sonny’s 200th, Captain Fyfe’s return, and Mundy’s ‘4 more wins’ mantra we should be winning this even with the crustaceans out.
Honestly more Darcy playing forward as a foil for the tallest defender. Logue should get up. Banfield can cover.

Lobb, Tabs and Logue fully fit for first week of finals is the plan. Just want that 4th spot. Be nice

Honestly more Darcy playing forward as a foil for the tallest defender. Logue should get up. Banfield can cover.

Lobb, Tabs and Logue fully fit for first week of finals is the plan. Just want that 4th spot. Be nice
Their tall defenders for this game are Taylor (gun), Haynes (pretty good) and Aleer (first year).

Will be interesting to see the match ups, but even with a weakened forward line we should be in with a look against that defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question the development of the club because 1 player out of the 15 others they developed didn't pull through 😂 Get off his dick he isn't a saviour to the club
Its been 9 years since having a good, dangerous, consistent, balanced forward line other teams feared. Its been substandard and patchworked ever since.

Over the last 7 weeks GWS have kicked
8 goals v dogs
14 goals v essendon
5 goals v syd
8 goals v Carlton
9 goals v Bris
3 goals v port
11 goals v hawks

I’m backing us to hold them to a low score.
We kick 12+ goals we win imo.

You know what my biggest concern is that has not seemed to have been bought up yet.

This time of year at Manuka it is really really windy. Ice cold wind ! My biggest concern is dominating the game and kicking 6.64 and Giants win by a point.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, Lobb is out. Meek can ruck 65%, Darcy plays forward. Need a big man down there at all times.

Everyone is fussing about Lobb not playing . He has being playing injured for the last three weeks and was non existent last week . TBH our forward line is and continues to be our major issue , we just need our smalls to play out of their skins this week and Meek and Darcy to get 3-4 goals between them and all should be fine.

Pruess is one of the rucks that can out body Darcy, a big bull of a man.

Massive out for them in that match up.
Yep. Pruess was part of the reason why Freo couldn't get more than 1-2 points clear of Giants until 10 minutes into Q4 in their last game....even with our astoundingly favourable free kick differential (40-16 in the end).

Last edited:
You know what my biggest concern is that has not seemed to have been bought up yet.

This time of year at Manuka it is really really windy. Ice cold wind ! My biggest concern is dominating the game and kicking 6.64 and Giants win by a point.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really? Maybe you should check the weather sites the wind is gentle tomorrow i guess the icy cold conditions might cause them to kick 64 points lol.

Their tall defenders for this game are Taylor (gun), Haynes (pretty good) and Aleer (first year).

Will be interesting to see the match ups, but even with a weakened forward line we should be in with a look against that defence.

What about Himmelberg, he’s been playing back and doing an amazing job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back