Prediction Changes: Round 12 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tucker has been a liability in defence, he can’t defend to save himself . I thought Conca was a good lock down type on the smalls , but hey what do I know!
Ugh. That effort in the first quarter vs Port. Stopped running once Grey went to the ball.
Seems Tucker is regaining fitness by getting games across half back. Plus contract year. Definitely trying to keep him satisfied.
I would put Conca in the middle and Cerra on the outside. Fyfe needs the protection, whereas he’s been having to do everything both ways.

Who has got a hold of Tucker since he has been playing in defence?

I can't remember who it was but in a recent game someone was getting a hold of Aish, then Tucker moved on to them and they didn't score for the rest of the game.
He was atrocious against Port and it didn’t matter who he played on , he is better suited as a winger .

He was atrocious against Port and it didn’t matter who he played on , he is better suited as a winger .
For the first quarter. And then he was a big part of the reason we got back in it in the 2nd quarter.

I also prefer him further up the ground but the question is do we get someone who can be (almost) as defensively accountable as Conca whilst giving us a lot more offensively? Tucker is giving us that without a lot of preparation so I don't mind him staying at half back for the moment whilst we still have so many defenders injured.

Tucker just seems to lack urgency as a defender. He is more Paul Duffield than Luke Ryan. (In fact he lacks urgency as a mid as well but I guess that’s just his laconic/smooth style rather than a disinterest for the contest.)

I’d prefer him in the mids/wing rather than off half back. And having shots on goal rather than trying to prevent them.

Tucker just seems to lack urgency as a defender. He is more Paul Duffield than Luke Ryan. (In fact he lacks urgency as a mid as well but I guess that’s just his laconic/smooth style rather than a disinterest for the contest.)

I’d prefer him in the mids/wing rather than off half back. And having shots on goal rather than trying to prevent them.

Gee what we would do for a Paul Duffield type at the moment.

Last edited:
At this stage of his career I’d like to see Young on the wing. Get him to play uncontested for awhile.

Due to injury he hasn't had the chance to play the rebounder role yet, if we can get him the ball 20+ times a game off the half back it will make our team so much better. All of the good teams have a rebounder who can use the ball, they defend when necessary but it's not their primary focus.

Melb: Salem
Dogs: Daniel
Bris: Rich
Tigers: Short

I think Young can be our guy.

We would be one win better off (Essendon) with Conca in for mine.

Very stiff to not be selected over Duman.
I get what your are saying but Conca is not the answer long term because his ball use by foot will not stand up in the heat of a finals game under an opposition press. He will then just hoof the ball down the line to a contest.
This is as clear as day and so I think they are trying to develop Tucker in that role as a better ball user

I get what your are saying but Conca is not the answer long term because his ball use by foot will not stand up in the heat of a finals game under an opposition press. He will then just hoof the ball down the line to a contest.
This is as clear as day and so I think they are trying to develop Tucker in that role as a better ball user
Is it worth it when the opposition small forward gets off the leash?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by JLo's and Tucker's recent media, his new role is at half back. So it's not a fitness building position. I also prefer him further up the ground, but happy to see how he builds into this new role.

Tucker is playing HB because of injuries. He wasn't training there in pre-season. Having someone versatile enough to play HB, wing, mid will be valuable moving forward. Surprised we haven't seen a contract extension yet - reckon it's sorted and waiting to be announced.

Tucker is a mid that can kick a goal.
We don't have many of them, mundy obvs but he's 80.
Cerra for all his worth has only kicked 13 goals in his career.

Tucker is a mid that can kick a goal.
We don't have many of them, mundy obvs but he's 80.
Cerra for all his worth has only kicked 13 goals in his career.
tucker confuses me as a goal kicking mid. Its always 2+ goals or nothing.

Do you think it’s a fitness issue? He’s been training for over a year now without any serious injury surely he should last more than a quarter and a half?

Changing tack a bit, but watching the Brisbane/Melb game last night just reminded me how far off we are with our small forwards. Brisbane had Cameron/McCarthy and Bailey running around (7 goals between them) and Kosi Pickett kicks 3:3 from 9 touches....as I said before our small forwards work really hard but they haven’t got the X factor required to take advantage of limited opportunities. I know I’m harping on about this, but Jlo just keeps putting up the same guys every week?!?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Changing tack a bit, but watching the Brisbane/Melb game last night just reminded me how far off we are with our small forwards. Brisbane had Cameron/McCarthy and Bailey running around (7 goals between them) and Kosi Pickett kicks 3:3 from 9 touches....as I said before our small forwards work really hard but they haven’t got the X factor required to take advantage of limited opportunities. I know I’m harping on about this, but Jlo just keeps putting up the same guys every week?!?

Smalls feed off competent talls, for some reason we have been reluctant to have Taberner, Lobb and Treacy in the same team. I’m looking forward to seeing the trio in action.

What are JLo’s options? That’s all that we’ve got because that’s all we’ve traded and drafted over the last 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back