Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs St Kilda + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt want Ross either, but we went with a silly decision that small clubs like us make all the time. Going for the favourite son rather than an actual good coach.
Going ot be funny reading this when we win our first flag with JL when Ross couldn't manage it. Imagine playing Neale as the sub in a GF. lol.

I was, but then I moved to Ireland and experienced an irish summer. Tuesday it rained for 24 hours straight at 13 degrees.
Imagine moving to Ireland and thinking summer is going to be hot and sunny. Then imagine thinking you're some kind of footy sage. What an analytical genius.

How the * did we let Neale go??!!

Just bewildering....
Add to that in a 12 month period, B Hill and Langdon.. we had/have done issues

Its a competitive side, so we're in with a chance, which I wouldn't say without the inclusions of Fyfe, Acres and Cox.

Still lacking height down back. I was expecting St Kilda to name Ryder as forward/ruck to ram home that advantage. Last week I saw they used Battle and Marsh in the forward line who are taller than most of our defenders, but their kicking for goal was very dodgy. Marshall takes on Darcy and Lobb which could wear him down but his possessions are like those of a midfielder.

Duman was a bit soft in a few crucial clinches last week but I put that down to being out of competitive match time and the reduced contact at training.. He used the ball well and has speed, something we look a bit deficient in against this St Kilda line up, so its going to be a big challenge to stop their run.

Bewley has been fine in his role and last week was one of his better games given his defensive work. He does lack agility and has missed a few targets but overall he’s been decent on the wing.
Dude gets side stepped so easily when he tries to defend. Pav used to as well a bit but you can get away with it when you are otherwise a star.

Some chance of showers on the coast on Saturday according to the BOM. Will neutralise any tall factor if it rains. Mind you against Port, we were shizen in the wet

How the fu** did we let Neale go??!!

Just bewildering....
Add to that in a 12 month period, B Hill and Langdon.. we had/have done issues
Neale was leaving anyway mate. Was searching for a big payday, and Brisbane came knocking. Hill's partner wanted to go back to Victoria and I couldn't tell ya about Langdon

Fair enough. But Logue, Conca, Duman out for Cox in, stretches our defence even further than before.
Really cant see this argument? Logues out for Cox. Ryan and Hughes have been playing the next tallest in defense. Young would probably play tall before either of these 2. No idea how losing small defenders stretches our defense?

Neale was leaving anyway mate. Was searching for a big payday, and Brisbane came knocking. Hill's partner wanted to go back to Victoria and I couldn't tell ya about Langdon
We could have offered Neale more money. It’s not like we have a galaxy of stars bursting our salary cap apart from Fyfe.

Was the conversation about Neale requesting a pay rise ever had? As for Hill he come home for family reasons only to piss off couple years later.

I hear what your saying on face value but I call bullshit.

And look at Brisbane now. A premiership contender. I just shake my head.

Then we go and get a crowd favourite in longmuir. An unprepared, inexperienced coach for the situation. But because he played for us we and was a "local lad" he didn't have any competition for the gig. I digress

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are some still whinging about players leaving still? New CEO, new coach, new list manager. I don't know what else you want.
particularly in the thread for changes/preview for St Kilda

Was the conversation about Neale requesting a pay rise ever had? As for Hill he come home for family reasons only to piss off couple years later.

I hear what your saying on face value but I call bullshit.

And look at Brisbane now. A premiership contender. I just shake my head.

Then we go and get a crowd favourite in longmuir. An unprepared, inexperienced coach for the situation. But because he played for us we and was a "local lad" he didn't have any competition for the gig. I digress
Was Simpson any more experienced? You are conservative, that's all. It's as much about you as Longmuir.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back