Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs St Kilda + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt want Ross either, but we went with a silly decision that small clubs like us make all the time. Going for the favourite son rather than an actual good coach.
He’s a favourite son AND actual good coach. Honestly, what a baptism of fire for a first season. Pearce redoes his leg.
Hamling does a freak ankle injury. Bang. Already behind the 8 ball.
THEN COVID happens.. in his first season.
He’s been persisting with youth. Sturt has come in, Young given a shot and flourishing. Cox and Logue are growing.

Honestly. JLo is doing okay. A game plan will take time. Perfect year to have a rebuild-rejig. Spend time with the lads closely, shorten rounds. Bigger pre season.

Our defence

- Cox: Played forward and ruck mainly.
- Hill: Midfield winger.
- Hughes: Developing, not cemented.
- Wilson: Underdone and not performing
- Ryan: All class but hasn't hit his straps yet
- Young: Played about 5 games.

I'm being cynical here, some of those guys have talent but as a structure it's not ideal.

I can handle losing to Saints but the idea of playing the Derby and our first home game of the season without a defence is soul-crushing.
Have no other choice. Look at the depth .
Watson- haven’t played a game.
OReilly- raw talent.
The cupboard is bare. Blakey could’ve played half back, but sacrificing speed and skill.

its way too early to say whether Longmuir is a good senior coach or not. All we know right now is that he was a highly regarded senior assistant coach.

That might not be worth anything though, given that Drum, Bolton and Neeld were also highly regarded assistants. On the other so were Lyon & Chris Scott.

So some assistants can make the grade and others can’t. It will take longer than 5 games to work out which one Longmuir is.

At least he hasn’t totally messed it up from the start by making Cerra and Brayshaw co-captains or interviewing players in groups.

its way too early to say whether Longmuir is a good senior coach or not. All we know right now is that he was a highly regarded senior assistant coach.

That might not be worth anything though, given that Drum, Bolton and Neeld were also highly regarded assistants. On the other so were Lyon & Chris Scott.

So some assistants can make the grade and others can’t. It will take longer than 5 games to work out which one Longmuir is.

At least he hasn’t totally messed it up from the start by making Cerra and Brayshaw co-captains or interviewing players in groups.
Only time will tell & 5 games with major injuries, interrupted season while playing in a hub is not a long time.
The man has not even seen his side play a home game yet.

We have a bunch of “Negative Nellies” around at the moment.

Everything that has been done is wrong .....

Changes have been made, but hey ....... they know better.
I naively thought it was just Ross, but obviously the problems have little to nothing to do with Freo for some of those people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are gonna always be negative about the club no matter what unfortunately. There's just no pleasing people sometimes.

People are gonna always be negative about the club no matter what unfortunately. There's just no pleasing people sometimes.
I'm pleased! I am really enjoying seeing the development of some of our future stars, and looking forward to seeing some more guys like Liam Henry, Luke Valente, Tobe Watson, Lloyd Meek, Jarvis Pina and crew later in the year hopefully. The future is so bright I have to wear shades :cool:

The onus is on the midfield to beat theirs head to head if we are going to have any shot at winning this. Our undermanned defence is looking pretty fragile and if they get an influx of inside 50's we're going to be flogged.
It's all on Fyfe, Walters, Mundy, Brayshaw, Tucker, Acres to bring the heat early.
Is it just me, or did I want to try the same midfield again from last week minus Fyfe and Acres? Tucker, Brayshaw and Cerra really got their hands dirty and played with freedom. Just feel having Fyfe back it’ll be more of a relief for them.

Is it just me, or did I want to try the same midfield again from last week minus Fyfe and Acres? Tucker, Brayshaw and Cerra really got their hands dirty and played with freedom. Just feel having Fyfe back it’ll be more of a relief for them.

Yeah I like that. Fyfe to FF. Longmuir to make a point pregame to the young mids that it's up to them again.

Jason Weber bad, plz give me likes

Well you have got to wonder immediately whether this is a direct result of his ankle not being at full strength due to a previously sustained injury that he potentially pre-maturely returned from..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back