Preview Changes: Round 8 Vs Brisbane Lions + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treacy will get to play WAFL this week and then hopefully we fly him out for the Bombers game or maybe the club thinks he needs a rest.

WAFL doesn't play the week of the bombers game so if we don't fly him out for that then he probably won't be in for a few weeks.

Lobb has been pretty awful, but I'm confident will show something vs Brisbane. As I've stated previously throw into the interceptor role Ryan is so good at. It's not working out with his current role. Try something Jlo.

Lobb has been pretty awful, but I'm confident will show something vs Brisbane. As I've stated previously throw into the interceptor role Ryan is so good at. It's not working out with his current role. Try something Jlo.
Don’t hold your breath, If we are getting beaten on game day.
Jlo won’t try anything out of the ordinary.
Daniher to kick 3.5 at least😔

He was playing on Edwards for 3 quarters after Tabs kicked 3 on him in a quarter.
The ball barely went in the forward half after he got that second goal early in the third. Note Tabs kicked 3 in the first half none in the second.

Lobb was average but to be fair the ball barely went near him for big chunks of the second half. The lower possession getters were all in the f50 - Schultz, Frederick, Lobb, Tabs.

I've made peace with Western debuting in Brisbane and me missing watching it live :) I want it... and I want it this week.

So he zero chance after 1 game, but right back in the mix after 2? How does that work? If it is not something you can correct in 1 game, how it it possibly something you can do in 2?

Garlick said it before they left. Did you listen to it?

as I said, you play your way in.
Not many coaches are going to ignore a kid kicking 5, then backing it up again with another big game. Might still need to work on things, but form talks

The ball barely went in the forward half after he got that second goal early in the third. Note Tabs kicked 3 in the first half none in the second.

Lobb was average but to be fair the ball barely went near him for big chunks of the second half. The lower possession getters were all in the f50 - Schultz, Frederick, Lobb, Tabs.

You think people are bagging him out because of a bad half of footy in the derby ?

Please

He couldn’t have found a bit when he went into the ruck rather than getting owned by Vardy and giving us absolutely nothing

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Trouble was, people were bagging him the week before and on replay he had a pretty good game. But he missed his two shots on goal and that's what stuck in peoples minds. He actually improved his kicking from last week and kicked two this week.

Treacy will get to play WAFL this week and then hopefully we fly him out for the Bombers game or maybe the club thinks he needs a rest.

WAFL doesn't play the week of the bombers game so if we don't fly him out for that then he probably won't be in for a few weeks.

I'm disappointed that Treacy isn't making the trip. I get that he wasn't very impactful at the AFL level, but they guy kicks 7 goals and then 5 goals in the WAFL. Surly, we can give him more than 3 games to get up to speed. Either I'm missing something or there's something going on we're not aware of. Does the kid have to kick 10 goals before we call him back to the majors?

I thought with WCE's shorter backline he would have been included last game. When Allen went to Tabs (who had three goals in the first half). Lobb and Fyfe needed to step up and they didn't. Let's pump some games into this boy! He's obviously got some talent.

Yet the lowest player ratings were all defenders...

Anyone think we might get a bit more bounce out of the backline if we put Frederick back there. He’s rapid and has some endurance. Seeing Wilson blow up reminded me we need more run out of the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone think we might get a bit more bounce out of the backline if we put Frederick back there. He’s rapid and has some endurance. Seeing Wilson blow up reminded me we need more run out of the backline.
Or put Freddy on the wing and Aish to half back. I'm expecting we will throw Giro on to a wing instead but I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on Freddy instead. Put Western in Freddy's HFF role and Henry in for Crowden.

B Watson ~ Logue ~ Conca
HB Wilson ~ Cox ~ Aish
C Frederick ~ Fyfe ~ Acres
HF Western ~ Taberner ~ Henry
F Walters ~ Lobb ~ Schultz
R Darcy ~ Mundy ~ Serong
I/C Brayshaw ~ Tucker ~ Colyer ~ Duman
Sub Blakely

Prioritising speed forward of centre. Making sure our tall forwards bring it to ground if the ball goes high so the smalls can go to work. If we are winning the ruck battle I'd even give Western some minutes in the middle and throw Fyfe forward at times. I'd give Walters some mid minutes as well.

I'm highly doubtful they will get rid of Lobb but if they were then this line-up would still work with Darcy in Lobb's spot and Meek as ruck. I was against it before but Meek has been really good around the ground and deserves AFL minutes - he puts in 100%. The loss of mobility you'd more than make up for with the speed of Western, Freddy and Colyer.

Or put Freddy on the wing and Aish to half back. I'm expecting we will throw Giro on to a wing instead but I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on Freddy instead. Put Western in Freddy's HFF role and Henry in for Crowden.

B Watson ~ Logue ~ Conca
HB Wilson ~ Cox ~ Aish
C Frederick ~ Fyfe ~ Acres
HF Western ~ Taberner ~ Henry
F Walters ~ Lobb ~ Schultz
R Darcy ~ Mundy ~ Serong
I/C Brayshaw ~ Tucker ~ Colyer ~ Duman
Sub Blakely

Prioritising speed forward of centre. Making sure our tall forwards bring it to ground if the ball goes high so the smalls can go to work. If we are winning the ruck battle I'd even give Western some minutes in the middle and throw Fyfe forward at times. I'd give Walters some mid minutes as well.

I'm highly doubtful they will get rid of Lobb but if they were then this line-up would still work with Darcy in Lobb's spot and Meek as ruck. I was against it before but Meek has been really good around the ground and deserves AFL minutes - he puts in 100%. The loss of mobility you'd more than make up for with the speed of Western, Freddy and Colyer.

i like it

Hopefully we respond something like the slime did after their run in Geelong.

The biggest problem with us having a response like that is that we will not be playing at home and we will be playing a side that can actually play football (unlike the Egos opponents from last weekend)

Watson Cox Conca
Wilson Logue Duman
Tucker Fyfe Mundy
Henry Lobb Western
Walters Tabs Schultz

Darcy Serong Brayshaw

Colyer Acres Meek Aish

Blakely sub

Tiny forward line. Might be the best we can do though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acres offers good coverage to the backs. Not convinced Tucker would run that hard in that direction and we would certainly want Mundy running forward..

“Joel’s in the mix. His form in the WAFL has been gradually building some really good performances. We’ll just have to weigh that up,” Longmuir said.

“We’ve been pretty happy with the forward line function as it sits. It’s probably other areas of the ground that are of more concern at this stage, but he’s in the mix.”

“Joel’s in the mix. His form in the WAFL has been gradually building some really good performances. We’ll just have to weigh that up,” Longmuir said.

“We’ve been pretty happy with the forward line function as it sits. It’s probably other areas of the ground that are of more concern at this stage, but he’s in the mix.”
Around Marvel against Essendon would be good to unleash a bit of pace - the question becomes: In which position ?

I'm disappointed that Treacy isn't making the trip. I get that he wasn't very impactful at the AFL level, but they guy kicks 7 goals and then 5 goals in the WAFL. Surly, we can give him more than 3 games to get up to speed. Either I'm missing something or there's something going on we're not aware of. Does the kid have to kick 10 goals before we call him back to the majors?

I thought with WCE's shorter backline he would have been included last game. When Allen went to Tabs (who had three goals in the first half). Lobb and Fyfe needed to step up and they didn't. Let's pump some games into this boy! He's obviously got some talent.
this. also pretty hard to kick goals when noone kicks it to you. Saw one kick to a lead in his last and he had one opp player in front as well as his direct opponent behind. The guy in front cut it off. Not really his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back