Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just say this is page 54

I felt like I was going to pass out when I got up to cheer some goals- don't know if it was high blood pressure or what :eek

Hahah me too! Genuinely nearly lost consciousness after Jake kicked that goal in the final term... I shouted so loud and for so long.

Hahah me too! Genuinely nearly lost consciousness after Jake kicked that goal in the final term... I shouted so loud and for so long.

This has been happening to me at games recently. My doc brother reckons it's just blood moving from your brain from going from sitting to standing too quickly. Nothing to stress about:)

I went to the Hawks vs Dogs final. I was in the standing area with some of the biggest flog Hawks supporters. Private school w***ers.

They had chants and were paying out Bulldogs supporters. "Afl premiers you'll never sing that" was a chant they kept singing especially when they were 3 goals up. Good by the gutless flogs to leave before the end of the game.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sy...ain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sport_Desktop

maybe covered aleady but bont had 9 hitouts, 5 to advantage, knocking it into space!
There's even a map of where on the ground he was each time he won a hitout to advantage:

Ctqou14UAAAoeEu.jpg

Looking through photos of Grand Final day after watching the replay again and found this. It is the perfect photo for a few reasons. Bont with his arms raised majestically like he often does before making the perfect release in traffic, only this time he's holding something a bit different. Libba burrowing in and under lifting his teammates up with the cheekiest rotten grin on his mug, but in midst of all the bravado and loose bloke exterior you can see a trace of tears in his eye socket, this actually means a whole lot.

Jake with BT laughing possibly about how easily he could have slotted that goal instead of setting up Picko. And in the right edge of the picture you can just barely make out Cameron Ling in background totally superfluous yet still trying to bother some poor person, which is exactly his appropriate place in the footballing landscape.

My favorite part (take the leap with me on this), in the cup you can see the reflection of Bont and Libba holding it up, for split second in time it's almost as though it is a living breathing thing as well partaking in the celebrations, pleased to be held a loft by this fine team.

611698224.jpg
Not sure if it's in the photo thread, but you should definitely post it there.

I went to the Hawks vs Dogs final. I was in the standing area with some of the biggest flog Hawks supporters. Private school ******s.

They had chants and were paying out Bulldogs supporters. "Afl premiers you'll never sing that" was a chant they kept singing especially when they were 3 goals up. Good by the gutless flogs to leave before the end of the game.

I hope you got as much pleasure as we did when we beat them.

After Hewett's goal in the last quarter, our entire team went into god mode. Like something seriously possessed them, and they just weren't going to lose this game. Sydney were completely buggered, couldn't run, couldn't move the ball, and they're lucky we only kicked 3 goals in the last 10 minutes when it could have easily have been 6.

honestly, I've never seen a higher pressure 10 minutes of footy. Sydney had no answers at all.

After Hewett's goal in the last quarter, our entire team went into god mode. Like something seriously possessed them, and they just weren't going to lose this game. Sydney were completely buggered, couldn't run, couldn't move the ball, and they're lucky we only kicked 3 goals in the last 10 minutes when it could have easily have been 6.

honestly, I've never seen a higher pressure 10 minutes of footy. Sydney had no answers at all.
The sequence of play beginning with Biggs ending with Pickens goal was spine chilling. They were never going to beat us after that

For what it's worth Biggs is involved on 5 occasions in that play 3 smothers/intercepts, a tackle, a tap on and he is tackled as he tries to kick a goal - I think

Total beast play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being at the game and sharing that moment in time with my kids was the closest I can ever remember feeling to them. It was something you only dream about but it was actually happening. A transcendent experience.

I can't watch the replay without tears still. So thankful to the club for giving me such a rare gift.

Being at the game and sharing that moment in time with my kids was the closest I can ever remember feeling to them. It was something you only dream about but it was actually happening. A transcendent experience.

I can't watch the replay without tears still. So thankful to the club for giving me such a rare gift.

Everything you say here struck a chord with me.
I went to the GWS game with my 30something daughter, who has happily stuck with the Dogs for my sake her whole life, and I'll never forget the joy when we hugged each other after the siren.
And like you I watched the replay for the umpteenth time last night with tears in my eyes as our amazing team smashed the Swans in the last quarter and all our stars aligned and the footy gods not only smiled but positively beamed on the MCG.
This is a gift that will keep on giving..

Last edited:
I still can't believe we won the flag. I don't reckon this will sink in till the NAB cup starts. I've just been watching that Wil Anderson package from 360 on repeat and smiling like an idiot.

A little piece of trivia: Does anybody know the exact time the final siren sounded? I had a brief glance at the clock as I jumped out of my armchair and danced around the room, but it would be good to have confirmation. I reckon it was 5:07PM. Did anyone else bother to notice?

A little piece of trivia: Does anybody know the exact time the final siren sounded? I had a brief glance at the clock as I jumped out of my armchair and danced around the room, but it would be good to have confirmation. I reckon it was 5:07PM. Did anyone else bother to notice?
I'll have a quick check through my 300 photos to see if I can pinpoint the exact time in a little while.

Taken at 5.06PM

TSA0QR7.jpg

Last edited:
just watched the als highlights of the game again. When all is said and done, this is what you live for as a footy fan. still got super emotional and felt a small tear drip from my right eye right on the siren, what i'd do to be back there at the 'G with you lot singing that song at the top of my lungs again...

Out of interest does anyone know our Premiership numbers. I know Number 6 has two with Charlie Sutton and Dahlhaus, and Number 3 only has EJ because Wally didn't play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back