Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if mentioned previously, when Dave Mundy arrives home from this trip, he would have travelled the most Km’s of any player to ever play this game, overtaking Pav’s record of 860998 km’s.

Sidenote, the top 10 least travelled of all players playing over 200 games who debuted after 2000 are all Collingwood players.

Records for each state. (As of last year, might of changed marginally, but you get the point)
QLD - 523,106 - Marcus Ashcroft
NSW - 373,452 - Adam Goodes
SA - 331,062 - Justin Westhoff
VIC - 325,850 - Brent Harvey

I was against it but I think Logue is playing defense this week

Finally named forward on the teamsheet but when Mundy addressed him on OBYB he was going to say Key forward but then changed to Key position player and big Griff didn't call himself a forward, said he is a swingman now.

Reckon they've just let slip a little bit that he might be playing in defense, Coaches may think we need it as Carlton score over 100 at Marvel and haven't lost there this year

Finally named forward on the teamsheet but when Mundy addressed him on OBYB he was going to say Key forward but then changed to Key position player and big Griff didn't call himself a forward, said he is a swingman now.

Reckon they've just let slip a little bit that he might be playing in defense, Coaches may think we need it as Carlton score over 100 at Marvel and haven't lost there this year
I think he'll start up forward, and If they feel that the match ups down back aren't working i.e. cox/curnow then they swing him back and shuffle around some pieces. We played the three talls against Carlton last time and it proved to be very effective.

I just hope we don't go too tall. Could be our undoing at Docklands.
Although Logue is quite quick for a tall, we will need defensive pressure in attack.
Tabs and Lobb are a bit week on pressure, and if Fyfe plays forward a bit I think we'll be quite slow.

Although Logue is quite quick for a tall, we will need defensive pressure in attack.
Tabs and Lobb are a bit week on pressure, and if Fyfe plays forward a bit I think we'll be quite slow.
The key will be the balance, you wouldn't expect Tabs, Lobb, Logue and Fyfe to all be in there at once (from a forwards perspective).
Losing Walters and Switta does make me a little nervous about that, Schultz, Freddy and co. will need to be pressuring hard along with the midfield.

It's an interesting one because Carlton fans seems to be rating playing at Marvel at a dry deck as a big positive, which we also do.
They obviously have the potent twin towers, offset by the fact their defence is stretched.
It seems like this contest will be even more about the old cliche of the midfield battle.

Also Henry isn't a big tackler

Crowden travelled didn't he? I'd prefer him in the forward line to offset the loss of defensive pressure (Switta/Walters). Henry is a big drop in that area.

Having said that we are bombing the ball this weekend, the ball will come to ground or be marked by us. Blues were horrible with the ball on the deck against Richmond on top of not having any aerial presence down back.

Except he hasn't been gifted this game. Has had a month of very good footy at wafl level on the wing, and we have a wing vacancy with acres out. No one else to come in really
16 possessions on a wing at WAFL level I wouldn't call bashing the door down either.hope he goes o.k but he is far from like for like with Acres.

Did you watch the game? Close to bog and was doing so well they sent a close tag to him after ht
I didn't to be honest was told by my son he went really well and kicked two goals as well and laid 4 tackles . And he was first mentioned in the best players. I am not against Henry playing another game BTW , I hope he grabs this chance and proves a few doubters wrong (me included)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that’s Nicholls.
Man I can't stand him as much as he can't stand Freo. Which is a lot.

I always cringe if it's 'bald maggot' or 'you're a w***ker Number 9', because I know we'll be giving up 10 free kicks before the game even starts.

Nicholls and Stevic can get in the bin.

The key will be the balance, you wouldn't expect Tabs, Lobb, Logue and Fyfe to all be in there at once (from a forwards perspective).
Losing Walters and Switta does make me a little nervous about that, Schultz, Freddy and co. will need to be pressuring hard along with the midfield.

It's an interesting one because Carlton fans seems to be rating playing at Marvel at a dry deck as a big positive, which we also do.
They obviously have the potent twin towers, offset by the fact their defence is stretched.
It seems like this contest will be even more about the old cliche of the midfield battle.

I want to see a Freo vs Carlton game in pouring rain...two teams absolutely terrible in the wet.

Man, I just went and looked at Wiki and also noted they haven't had to 'travel' outside their home state since Round 9. This comp really stinks when you stop to analyse it. We're gonna have to be on like Donkey Kong on acid for this one

Man I can't stand him as much as he can't stand Freo. Which is a lot.

I always cringe if it's 'bald maggot' or 'you're a w***ker Number 9', because I know we'll be giving up 10 free kicks before the game even starts.

Nicholls and Stevic can get in the bin.
This is fast becoming one of my fav sayings. I can't wait to go to Coles later and tell them to get in the bin when they haven't got any bread I like :p

This is fast becoming one of my fav sayings. I can't wait to go to Coles later and tell them to get in the bin when they haven't got any bread I like :p

You must have young children like me. It's cute and endearing when the best insult a child can muster is "I'll put you in the bin". Followed by "You're going to jail." I will look back on these days fondly when they've grown up into surly teenagers and invariably tell me to "* off dad".

You must have young children like me. It's cute and endearing when the best insult a child can muster is "I'll put you in the bin". Followed by "You're going to jail." I will look back on these days fondly when they've grown up into surly teenagers and invariably tell me to "* off dad".
Hahaha. Those are my kids most harsh insults too. I love it.

Sorry if mentioned previously, when Dave Mundy arrives home from this trip, he would have travelled the most Km’s of any player to ever play this game, overtaking Pav’s record of 860998 km’s.

Sidenote, the top 10 least travelled of all players playing over 200 games who debuted after 2000 are all Collingwood players.

Records for each state. (As of last year, might of changed marginally, but you get the point)
QLD - 523,106 - Marcus Ashcroft
NSW - 373,452 - Adam Goodes
SA - 331,062 - Justin Westhoff
VIC - 325,850 - Brent Harvey
Thundy could do a million and zero the odo before he is done...2026?

I want to see a Freo vs Carlton game in pouring rain...two teams absolutely terrible in the wet.
I remember as a 6 year old going to a game at the old Whitten Oval to see Footscray vs Brisbane Bears. The field was slush: Muddy, foul odoured wretch. I went onto the ground and lost my shoe as it ripped it off my young foot...multiple times. The score that day was 4.12 to 3.8.....

.....Carlton vs Freo in the wet could only dream of reaching such lofty scoring heights!

Stuck in iso with COVID so I rewatched the last Calton game. Acres, Switta and Walters were all massive, will be interesting to see if we can cover for them. I guess the flip side is the players out for the Blues - still think we have them covered if we turn up.

Hehehe, your kids sound fun.

I don't have any kids, except fur babies. I AM the big kid, and it's hard enough looking after me! :tearsofjoy::persevere:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back