Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty optimistic thinking either of those two play. Meek a definite IN.

Debut some youth: Valente and O'Driscoll. Play Young and Meek as well. Our season is done.

I can’t say I think you’re wrong tbh.

We know Meek can do a decent job as a number one so it probably won’t teach us anything though.

What I’m unsure about is that Lobb was to get injured - who’s a better option Meek or one of our key forwards/Acres etc.? I genuinely have NFI. It’d be nice to get a look at it.

I think Fyfe needs to play forward or book himself in for surgery. He is favouring his busted shoulder and bordering on being a liability particularly as Mundy isn't overly defensive these days. It it would be better for all if the kids (Serengeti, Cerra and Brayshaw) picked up his midfield minutes.

Valente's not coming in. Not playing for Peel on Sunday. Post match Longmuir said he's got two weeks leave to deal with a personal issue.

JL Hopeful of Darcy getting up - getting scanned but feel it is minor. 10 day break he isn’t being ruled out.

Lobb in quite a bit of pain around the ankle syndesmosis. Doubtful.

Young if he has a good game with Peel would have to come in.
Meek to share the ruck and forward with Darcy.

Valente - leave of absence. Sounds like he is heading to SA for a couple of weeks.
Lobb and Tabs unlikely.
Banfield - did he actually play tonight.

I’ll hold my thoughts until scans/prognosis of Lobb/Darcy and the Peel game.

Taberner?
9 days rest, surely Taberner is over his calf .
Treacy needs to get some touches in the Wafl.
18 year old holding down a key forward post is not reasonable, to tough on the kid. He looks mentally drained. Tabs in Treacy rested.
Schulz, Banfield , Acres on thin ice ,
Not a lot of quality waiting in the wings.
Tough selection night for the coaching panel
so Lobb and Darcy are out and you want to drop Treacy too?

As far as Tabs is concerned....

will he be 100% fit vs the swans?

If not, Again...... Happy to wait until he is 100 per cent fit.

Happy for tabs to play the last 3 or 4 games of the season especially those 3 games in a row in WA vs Tigers, Brisbane and derby.

I think Fyfe needs to play forward or book himself in for surgery. He is favouring his busted shoulder and bordering on being a liability particularly as Mundy isn't overly defensive these days. It it would be better for all if the kids (Serengeti, Cerra and Brayshaw) picked up his midfield minutes.
The irony is that a 60% Fyfe is better than half of our other players.

Lobb and Darcy out?
Official or Lach news
No it's not official and JLO says fingers crossed for both of them.

Would have really loved to put Fyfe on ice for the season to get his surgery and debut Valente but now that's not an option 🙄

No it's not official and JLO says fingers crossed for both of them.

Would have really loved to put Fyfe on ice for the season to get his surgery and debut Valente but now that's not an option 🙄

Blakely is a big body inside mid. Give him the job. Show the club they don't need to pay out his next year's contract
Fyfe is done , season is done . Fyfe for surgery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney are better at the kicking movement out of half back into their forward line than Geelong and we didn't have an answer to that last night - they are going to tear us apart unless they get really beaten around this weekend and we somehow find the legs to cover the space while not over committing so we have nobody out the back to score ourselves.

As far as Tabs is concerned....

will he be 100% fit vs the swans?

If not, Again...... Happy to wait until he is 100 per cent fit.

Happy for tabs to play the last 3 or 4 games of the season especially those 3 games in a row in WA vs Tigers, Brisbane and derby.
Don’t have that luxury. He’s been out for 2 months with a half of football.

We should be dropping Henry, Tucker...Shoota and Walters too....Lobb and Darcy won't play...Fyfe should be sent for surgery.

Western. Walker, Young, Crowden, Meek...bad timing for Valente to go away.

So we keep Walters and Schultz as we have no one else
Young, Western have to come in.
This would’ve been 100% a debut for Valente. Very unfortunate. Tucker will probably retain his spot given the lack of back up. Honestly I’d give Blakely another go, at least he goes hard and his possessions at least hit someone. Tucker is a treacle and takes too long to make a decision

Apparently Freo are trying to buy this game from Sydney. What does that mean and how much will it cost?

Apparently Freo are trying to buy this game from Sydney. What does that mean and how much will it cost?

Hopefully the club says that it will cover the cost of the tickets for the members who missed out on the Roos and Carlton game but didn't ask for a refund.

It means Freo pay Sydney $250,000 to $1,000,000 to have the game at Optus instead of where they would - compensating them for their loss of funds and then sells tickets to Mundy's game to try and make enough to cover the cost of buying the home game.

I don’t see much point. Season is over ☹️

Valente's not coming in. Not playing for Peel on Sunday. Post match Longmuir said he's got two weeks leave to deal with a personal issue.

That's horrible timing, must have been close to a debut. Had real hopes he'd be part of the muscle that we were missing last night but it's been a long wait so far ☹️.

That's horrible timing, must have been close to a debut. Had real hopes he'd be part of the muscle that we were missing last night but it's been a long wait so far ☹.
I still think he could be. He's still building after two injury interrupted seasons and is finally starting to show what the recruiters saw in him. Let's face it, this season is pretty much done and dusted, so let's get him back once things are sorted for him and get a full pre-season into him. Without having any idea what he's going through, I hope it is something that he can address and get through and get back to his team mates.

Only hope it isn't something that keeps him in Adelaide permanently / long term.

I still think he could be. He's still building after two injury interrupted seasons and is finally starting to show what the recruiters saw in him. Let's face it, this season is pretty much done and dusted, so let's get him back once things are sorted for him and get a full pre-season into him. Without having any idea what he's going through, I hope it is something that he can address and get through and get back to his team mates.

Only hope it isn't something that keeps him in Adelaide permanently / long term.

Yep there's definitely more important things than football and so wish him all the best with whatever has taken him back to SA but now would be the perfect time to get 4 or 5 games experience just to get a feel for the pace at the top level and then he could hit the preseason knowing what he needs to keep working towards.

That's horrible timing, must have been close to a debut. Had real hopes he'd be part of the muscle that we were missing last night but it's been a long wait so far ☹️.

Anybody who has watched Valente play for Peel will tell you he isn’t the messiah. Blakely IMO is still a fair way ahead of him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back