Prediction Changes: Round 12 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes sh*t.hasn’t improved since we got him.

Horrible footballer.

bring Western in
Lets review Blake Acres and his rankings as an outside player I reckon you just throw s**t and hope it sticks because stats aren't going in your favour mate. There's alot worse running around in our b22 and Acres is no where near them. Give it up.

Hes top 10 in our club in;
Possessions (also he kicks more than handballs which relates to alot of the stats below, so he isn't just giving off easy disposals).
Inside 50s (as above)
Rebounds 50s (and again)
Tackles
Effective disposals
Stoppage clearances (since he plays outside he doesn't get centre clearances).
Meters gained
11th in intercepts (the first non defender on the list... all the top 10 are defenders).

Also worth noting he is kicking at 73% which is better than both Cerra and Mundy who are rated as our better field kicks in the team.

Last edited:
The weekend before. So the only reference point the selection committee had for the team that played yesterday. Hence why anyone saying they made a mistake not bringing in Conca are idiots.

As others have said he was heaps better on Saturday just gone in the wet. They will no doubt consider him bringing him back in this week off that performance.

The question I have is why was his attitude so poor initially after getting dumped to WAFL and why did it take the realisation of getting 6 goals kicked on him by a WAFL forward to put in the necessary effort the following week? Mature age player and member of the leadership team should be better than that. Personally I'd like no-one to be immune from being dumped to WAFL. They'd (Freo) have to endure backlash from the media and uneducated supporters but short term pain for long term gain imo.

I was only commenting on who played well for Peel this weekend, didn’t mention anything about last week or why he wasn’t brought in. I thought we were talking about the Bulldogs game now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was only commenting on who played well for Peel this weekend, didn’t mention anything about last week or why he wasn’t brought in. I thought we were talking about the Bulldogs game now
My post wasn't directed at you mate. Was just responding to MadMundy.

Lets review Blake Acres and his rankings as an outside player I reckon you just throw sh*t and hope it sticks because stats aren't going in your favour mate. There's alot worse running around in our b22 and Acres is no where near them. Give it up.

Possessions (also he kicks more than handballs which relates to alot of the stats below, so he isn't just giving off easy disposals).
Inside 50s (as above)
Rebounds 50s (and again)
Tackles
Effective disposals
Meters gained
11th in intercepts (the first non defender on the list... all the top 10 are defenders).

Also worth noting he is kicking at 73% which is better than both Cerra and Mundy who are rated as our better field kicks in the team.
Although we would like to see more from him he definitely isn't the main problem. Our forward line is the main problem which is both the players fault and the coaches. We just need more class in there which our injuries don't really help with.

In his presser, Longmuir said that Switta's hamstring was just an "awareness" thing and doesn't look serious, so it's looking likely that

he's ripped it right off the bone and is out for a season and a half.
career ending.

We know Switta will be out. Who will be the other mystery prize(s) tomorrow?

So interesting fact. After 11 rounds we have only won 1 game (GWS at home) when we have played two tall forwards and a ruck. Every other win had 3 tall forwards plus a ruck. So when one tall runs down the wing to help out, we are not left with a double or triple team on the last tall remaining. Hope JLo notices this fairly obvious pattern emerging.

I don't think it's that simple though, three of those wins were against Hawthorn, Adelaide and North Melbourne.
I think it works with a more mobile tall (eg. Treacy), but Meek, Darcy and Lobb is asking to have rings run around us, not to mention the flow on impacts of available rotations.

Patterns are everywhere, and we as humans love to see them, doesn't mean they're the cause of our success or failure though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish....

Nope I am worried we bring tabs back early and he gets a season ending injury in the 2nd half of the season just like in 2018 and 2019.
If he is fit this weekend he plays footy. That’s his job - what he is paid every week to do. He’s hardly gonna sit around all weekend while fit and wrap himself in cotton wool. He’s not gonna play for Peel so he’ll tog out at Optus on Sunday and take his place provided the fitness test comes up ok.

Lets review Blake Acres and his rankings as an outside player I reckon you just throw sh*t and hope it sticks because stats aren't going in your favour mate. There's alot worse running around in our b22 and Acres is no where near them. Give it up.

Inside 50s (as above)
Rebounds 50s (and again)
Tackles
Effective disposals
Meters gained

Have said before he isn’t our worst and there really isn’t a replacement.
I haven’t had many opportunities to view Western but his skills and pace sound sublime .
Although the size difference and experience is stark.
Acres needs to work on sticking tackles , smothering and hard ball gets ( basically the tough stuff ) .
Keen to see Western though ,
maybe replaces Switta ?

If he is fit this weekend he plays footy. That’s his job - what he is paid every week to do. He’s hardly gonna sit around all weekend while fit and wrap himself in cotton wool. He’s not gonna play for Peel so he’ll tog out at Optus on Sunday and take his place provided the fitness test comes up ok.
Nah season’s over, get him in for an op & have him ready to go for preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back