Prediction Changes: Round 12 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suggesting playing 2 rucks, and leave Lobb at forward.
Suggesting that too. Meek can compete. At least against a Dixon ffs. Now against Bulldogs it’s English and Martin, if he plays. Lobb needs to be full time forward with Tabs and Treacy. It’s so simple.
Not suggesting Meek is a shiny toy, rucks these days just need to compete. There’s plenty of those types in AFL

Western for Swita
Meek in for centre bounces
Darcy CHF and 50% ruck duties
Logue for Duman...pls be fit
Tabs for Blakey..bit flakey today

JL isn't one for wholesale changes, expecting just Tabs/Logue for Switta/Watson and more melts than a Subway. The match reports for Peel sound very uninspiring

As bad as today was imo we're actually a reasonable chance against the Dogs, mostly due to the turmoil of their schedule.

I’ve watched the last few Peel games and Valente is way off AFL at this stage, Conca was best on the weekend. Western shows a bit but not doing enough. Walker looks super skilled and reminds me of the “Prince of pockets” but still goes out of the game for extended periods. But he a guy I think could play better at the higher level. Giro was down in the weekend but runs all day and offers something, but not much at Peel we can rely on at the minute.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From what I saw from AP, I’m leaving him at Peel another week.

Bring him in against GC to play on King which is a good match up, rest up over the bye, hopefully good for the rest of the year

I agree AP looked disinterested on the weekend and was giving his man heaps of room, but unfortunately I think we need his height, so hopefully he can come back and perform

Bring Meek in for centre bounce, he’s a follow up ruckman and does clearances, Darcy can ruck round the ground. Bring meek to bench when he’s not needed. 50% game time maybe!

Out: Switta (inj), Duman (omitted)
Ins: Tabbs, Logue

No point making too many changes when we are trying to build consistency. Don't let the forwards train with the main group and force them to practice goal kicking every day until the game. I think we also experiment with giving Treacy more ruck time to see what he can produce so we can keep Lobb full time forward.

I’ve watched the last few Peel games and Valente is way off AFL at this stage, Conca was best on the weekend. Western shows a bit but not doing enough. Walker looks super skilled and reminds me of the “Prince of pockets” but still goes out of the game for extended periods. But he a guy I think could play better at the higher level. Giro was down in the weekend but runs all day and offers something, but not much at Peel we can rely on at the minute.

Didn't Conca also let his man kick 6 goals? Not sure that constitutes a best on for Peel.

Stefan Martin might be back for WB - Doesn't really change much how they set up, except he replaces Sweet and gives English more time forward. Last time we played the Bulldogs was end of the 2020 season in humid conditions and English's mobility around the ground caught Darcy out a couple of times going forward. Darcy a lot fitter this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treacy rucked for the last 15 mins and Acres rucked for a part of the second half

Either Darcy is injured or we wanted Lobb to stay forward, also the fact that Acres got thrown into the ruck may mean he is on thin ice and we tried to get him involved.

One of the things I don’t like at our club at the moment is we have a few players who want to determine where they will play. Walters wants to be a mid. Lobb forward. Cox defence. Acres wing. And I think Longmuir has played into it a little bit with his comments on putting players in their ‘natural’ positions. In the end I think we can get a lot more out of a number of players, especially our mid age group.

Against the Bulldogs, start Lobb in the ruck with Acres tagging someone. Put Walters at the feet of Cox in the forward line. Duman on the wing, and let him know he is playing for a contract. Tell them that you expect 100% commitment from every player in any position and role that they are given.

Last edited:
Watson and Duman are in the same category as Blakely.
You pile crap on Acres but who is there to replace him.
Very selective Lach.

id literally take anyone. Western or Walker.
put Aish back on the wing and play Walker on half back. put Crowden on the Wing and bring Western in to HF.
play Western on the wing.
take your pick.

Didn't Conca also let his man kick 6 goals? Not sure that constitutes a best on for Peel.
The weekend before. So the only reference point the selection committee had for the team that played yesterday. Hence why anyone saying they made a mistake not bringing in Conca are idiots.

As others have said he was heaps better on Saturday just gone in the wet. They will no doubt consider him bringing him back in this week off that performance.

The question I have is why was his attitude so poor initially after getting dumped to WAFL and why did it take the realisation of getting 6 goals kicked on him by a WAFL forward to put in the necessary effort the following week? Mature age player and member of the leadership team should be better than that. Personally I'd like no-one to be immune from being dumped to WAFL. They'd (Freo) have to endure backlash from the media and uneducated supporters but short term pain for long term gain imo.

Don’t get it either. The reluctant to play three talls is hindering the forward line. Darcy can’t play full time ruck. Besides it was only Ladhams and Dixon today. Who cares if Meek can’t jump or mark. It’s freaking Ladhams.
So interesting fact. After 11 rounds we have only won 1 game (GWS at home) when we have played two tall forwards and a ruck. Every other win had 3 tall forwards plus a ruck. So when one tall runs down the wing to help out, we are not left with a double or triple team on the last tall remaining. Hope JLo notices this fairly obvious pattern emerging.

So interesting fact. After 11 rounds we have only won 1 game (GWS at home) when we have played two tall forwards and a ruck. Every other win had 3 tall forwards plus a ruck. So when one tall runs down the wing to help out, we are not left with a double or triple team on the last tall remaining. Hope JLo notices this fairly obvious pattern emerging.
Every game we've played where Taberner hasn't played, we've lost this year.

I don't disagree with ideally having 3 talls - so long as the balance is good. It'd be a stretch to take that and say playing Meek, Darcy and Lobb all in the same side would make us more competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back