Prediction Round 9: Changes Vs Gold Coast + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So everyone’s feeling pretty comfortable we’ll win? No one betting on Gold Coast as they did with North Melbourne?

I'm a wee bit worried. Gold Coast have played some decent footy this year, though, tbh I haven't watched one full game of theirs. Just the Kayo minis.

This week is our biggest challenge so far apart from the Geelong game. I think people are not giving GC at Metricon enough credit. They hammered Carlton without Pittonet much like we did, though we had to contend with Cripps. They gave Melbourne their hardest game. Whether the Dees were going 100% is debatable, but GC won the inside 50 count (the only team to do so this year).

Brisbane smashed them on the scoreboard, but the scoring shots were almost even and GC had more inside 50's. I watched that game (which I doubt many people did), and GC were actually fairly good between the arcs. Anderson is a big inclusion for them. He was the dominant mid against Brisbane, but he butchered it horribly going forward. If it is wet then his poor skills won't matter so much. Brisbane (in particular Bailey and Cameron who kicked 10 straight between them) were just pulling goals out of their arse at will. We won't have anywhere near the firepower/efficiency that Brisbane had.

I'm confident we'll get the win, but agree that this is a danger game if the track is as wet as has been forecast.

GC will be looking to turn this into a scrap.

This is no easy game. GC WERE VERY GOOD for 3/4’s last week against Sydney. With Sydney winning the 3/4 when they got on top of contented ball battle.
In the system I trust. We will win if we continue to play our way.

Named team seems decent, but have we lost the synergy that has made us good with all these changes week after week? Danger game up there with the Geelong game, Suns have been good this year.

Last edited:
Danger smanger.
What’s with all the soft knobs about the place?

The only question you need to ask is can Freo score more than 50? Because GC sure as hell won’t be scoring more than that.

I don’t think it will be a ‘comprehensive’ win as such but rather a comfy 25 point win in terrible conditions.

67-42 to Freo.

Pull away in the 3rd when we put our go to work pants on.

10-30mm rain forecast.

It’ll be messy for sure. 9 day break in a slog should help us.

Definite danger game.

Happy with team , Banfield v Amiss and Logue v Walker both 50/50’s..

Be great to go to MCG 9-1 in 2weeks time..

Freo in a close one by 1-2 goals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Danger smanger.
What’s with all the soft knobs about the place?

The only question you need to ask is can Freo score more than 50? Because GC sure as hell won’t be scoring more than that.

I don’t think it will be a ‘comprehensive’ win as such but rather a comfy 25 point win in terrible conditions.

67-42 to Freo.

Pull away in the 3rd when we put our go to work pants on.
It's going to take some of us a little time to stop expecting the wheels to fall off at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be a slog - really need to win the terrority battle. Contest is going to be huge - Gold Coast are pretty good in that area.

I hope the rain stays clear during the match, I hate the wet games.

It's wet and slippy. Won't be a pretty game, lots of grunt needed.

Great selection management for mine. Walker's a beautiful player, the wet takes all his strengths away. Logue's strength will be a benefit. Same up front, Amiss would've been great, but why waste him in a shitfight, got my buddy to slip, slide and smash his way around the forward 50. Ras's disposal won't matter, his 8 possessions in 10 mins will, just paddle it forward. Going to be a territory game.

Shows we've got a plan for teams and conditions, and more importantly the personnel to switch out. I'm actually astounded at how impressed I am with the selection committee.

Edit: forgot to mention if it goes to plan, Brodie's on for a monster day - 40+
On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is so on the money!

However. 'slippy' is not a real word. You mean slippery!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back