Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. ADEL - AO, Tues 11/08 @ 6:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez looking at the forward line and Mihocek is the only one left. No Goey, Hoskin-Elliot, Jamie, Cox, Stephenson.

Guess we can’t get any worse at scoring than we have been lately?

Agreed. Elliot's injury must've been much worse than it looked. Wonder if that really is a rest as well given his history.
Can't believe we're playing Dunn and Roughy in the same side but stoked to see Dunn back. Just feel like we are going to be so slow all over the ground
Dunn isn’t actually slow, or at least he wasn’t before his knee. Will be interesting to see whether he’s lost a yard.

Are we trying to gift Adelaide their first win of the season?

That team is the slowest and least skilled side that we’ve named in the past 20 years. Crows will only have to kick five goals to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Wills and Mayne lol. Should've at least given Scharenberg a go.

Feel like Thomas needs to play midfield tomorrow. Add some speed and hopefully run into some form. Him and Broomhead should finally get an opportunity to play in their natural position as midfielders.

Would rather drop one game than 3-4 if the compressed fixture caused a heap of injuries. * the AFL though, still can’t get over us copping the worst of it. Melb and Essendon getting the most compressed fixture would make sense given they still have to make a game up, but when was the last time the AFL acted with sense.

Weve lost to Freo and barely escaped with a win against the Swans

what sort of reason do we have to be confident?
I think that win, they would have got a lot of confidence from. Kick straight, and that swans game would have been very different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunn isn’t actually slow, or at least he wasn’t before his knee. Will be interesting to see whether he’s lost a yard.

Was a generalisation of the entire list. Yeah he wasn't slow but he's a KPP so he's barely going to be breaking the lines. Sier and Wills in the guts. etc. etc. etc.

Terrible in's IMO, I would of preferred
Ins : Murphy, Rantall, T Brown, Keane & Cameron.
Sick of recycling Varcoe, Dunn, Mayne ffs.
Happy with Broomy getting a go tho, we're not going to make the last game at end of year so we should be putting games into our youth and look to bounce back hard next year.

Tipping something stupid like, Wills to get Sier’s mid time, and Sier to play forward.

Remember Wills who was it against.. GWS or Sydney playing across half forward.. he actually got into good spots.. won't deny him of that.. every pill went through his hands though..

So its

Quaynor -> Varcoe

Reid -> Cameron

Moore -> Dunn

Treloar -> Wills

WHE -> Mayne

Elliott -> Broomhead

Yikes.

I'd at least have looked at Schaz or Murphy or Appleby or Rantall in there somewhere but...yikes.

A team that played awful football against Sydney, is now way way worse. I know Adelaide are bad but...this is like the French artillery general at Dien Bien Phu saying he had too many guns and it was all going to be successfully completed in a week or two.

A backline of all of Dunn, Roughead and Madgen. At the same time. I mean. Ouch. How are we getting it out of the defensive area with that? They will be spoiling each other. Who is taking an intercept mark? Surely if you lose Moore, you *need* Schaz back whatever else you do. But no. Dunn.

A centre bounce unit of Wills, Sier and Adams. Clearances to...nowhere.

2 guys who havent played for 2 years at once.

The barrel, it be scraped. Its not the names in themselves. Its the complete lack of balance or pretense of even trying to have some.
I agree - this could be one of the great wins in club history if this 22 pull it off

Yeah those things happen all the time (not), you're talking about exceptions to the rule - rarer than hens teeth. To compound that we're talking about Collingwood, exceptions of the good type don't happen at Collingwood.

If that were to happen this year, it would be the first time ever that good luck of that magnitude has shone upon this club. Hope it happens but I'm not counting on it.

You say exceptions to the rule are rarer than hens teeth? - we were the best team in 2011, lost the GF. Similarly Rich in 2018 didn’t even make the GF.
The unexpected is far more frequent than you give it credit for.

That’s why the idea that any team in the Top 8 should pack up for the season believing they can’t win the flag would be an indictment on the club - and frankly a defeatist attitude that should trouble any supporter.

Last edited:
Jeez, that Crows team is schizen.

We’ve gone for experience on a likely wet night. It makes sense.

I’m not happy with the inclusion of Wills but he might sit on Crouch who’s no speedster. The luckiest man in the world is JT.

I’m still pretty confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back