Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Collingwood + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be confident as we've had a pretty good recent record over the Magpies. Pity Buckley's not there. The earlier time alongside the eastern-travel time-lag is a worry, but will need to be switched on early doors.

This is the game where it clicks. Even if they get on top in the mids I think we've got more than enough to deal with their forward line and rebound strongly, looking for us to go coast-to-coast a few times. If the smalls bring the pressure we'll smash this. Tabs bag on return.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah maybe but Ryan is better at it than Cox.

Cox can only play as 3rd tall floating across to intercept. We could play all 4 as Hamling/Logue very mobile and Logue can play on small/tall, even Pearce is pretty quick. The big problem is we also have to squeeze Ryan/Chapman/Hughes/Wilson/Young in as well, although I do like Young on one wing and Sturt on the other…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

sorry to post query here but was unsure where: Does anyone have heads up on next week's Round 16 as to whether we play Saturday or Sunday? Still TBC on AFL website. Clash for me if Sunday & need to let people know asap.

Talking to some senior players on Wednesday. There is genuine concern about the earlier time slot. They were saying some players struggle with the sleep scenario before these games.

i hope it's not a slow start.
If we have concerns like this, we won't make finals until that's not an issue.

Pies start fast.

Let's do a sweepstakes of how many points they score before we kick a goal.

I'd feel confident with something in the 20-30 range.
One we go 4 goals down in a match it’s game over IMO. Done and dusted.
We only score 10 or 11 goals max, even in games we dominate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taberner off a five week break: usually plays like his hands have been bathed in butter for a week after a break. Peak Tabs incoming
Fyfe with one arm.

lot of
Over confidence here
You appear to have mistaken this for a place of logic and reason! Freo by 50

He has played Brisbane twice :)

A short while after I posted that I wondered should I log back in and be more pedantic, and should I also check if we played a pre-season game last year against Collingwood - but then I thought, people will figure it out.

Be interesting to see if Aish gets the Treloar treatment from the Collingwood players and crowd after the criticism following their game against WB.

Last edited:
It's a genuine factor. It's a worldwide issue in sport, particularly heading West-East. Having a concern is realistic, it's managing that concern that makes the difference.

I'm really hoping that the Pies also coming off a bye can help mitigate our likely slow start.

It's a genuine factor. It's a worldwide issue in sport, particularly heading West-East. Having a concern is realistic, it's managing that concern that makes the difference.
You grow up playing games at 8.30 am. Tomorrow is scheduled for 11.45 am our time. The Grand Final is only played at 12.30

I don't like saying it, but if that's a factor, I find it quite soft.

This is the game where it clicks. Even if they get on top in the mids I think we've got more than enough to deal with their forward line and rebound strongly, looking for us to go coast-to-coast a few times. If the smalls bring the pressure we'll smash this. Tabs bag on return.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really want to believe this. The lineup is good, we should be primed for it. No excuses (early start, give me a spell).

I don’t know if it will click this game. Players need to gel as a unit first. If we can keep everyone on the oval it will be more likely to be in two or three games

You grow up playing games at 8.30 am. Tomorrow is scheduled for 11.45 am our time. The Grand Final is only played at 12.30

I don't like saying it, but if that's a factor, I find it quite soft.
Don’t the players train at 9.30 Wednesdays? Treat it like that then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back